Mardi Gras 2014 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
last year all american rejects and rob thomas were great shows. I'm hoping for similar bands this year for the TBA slots, imagine dragons would be great!

You'd think they'd get a nice act for the actual weekend preceding Mardi Gras. :shrug:

It's been years since this event had any meaningful connection to the true Mardi Gras holiday. Has gone weeks beyond EASTER for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

I always try to look at everything as "glass half full", but this line-up is trash. I have no idea who 4 of these acts are.

And they're all up on your lawn, too! Damn whippersnappers!

Because it's a slow morning ...

Feb 8—00s rock/current hot AC

Feb 15—90s/00s rock/pop

Feb 16—current country (#1 song last Fall)

Feb 22—current pop (#1 song last Summer)

Mar 1—90s rock

Mar 9—current Latin (#1 Latin song of 2011)

Mar 14—current pop (just won a couple Nickelodeon and Radio Disney awards)

Mar 15—80s rock

Mar 22—90s rock

Apr 5—00s/current Christian rock (2013 “Dove” for rock song of the year)

Apr 12—70s/80s rock icon

Apr 19—70s R&B icon

May 3—90s hiphop

May 10—current pop

I agree there is no obvious superstar like we usually get one or two of (well, arguably Robin Thick), but otherwise I'm hard pressed to say anyone on this list doesn't seem to be a fine representation of their era/genre. I'm not a Christian rock fan, for example, but these guys seem to be a big deal if you are. I'd rather Universal keep a hodgepodge format like this than, say, the aging Gen X acts of Food & Wine or the ready-to-keel-over Boomer acts of Flower & Garden. Let the kids have some fun, too.

Hey, there's only 3 acts that's I've never heard of, a first for me. Most of these have played Mardi Gras (or RTU, in the case of Skillet) before.

I hope they bring Train back.

I would love it if they brought them back. They put on such a great show a few years ago and Patrick's interact with the crowd was great. They are on a cruise concert Valentine's weekend out of Miami and then in Ft.lauderdale the second weekend in April with no shows scheduled in between. Let's start a campaign to have the fill one of the TBA spots.

I think they're in negotiations for a lot of the TBD days with significantly larger acts than what is listed. I know one year for Summer Concert series they had actually booked Drake and he had a death in the family and couldn't make it. I'd love to think they booked him again.

The Wanted broke up saying they were going to finish up their current tour and that was it. I checked their tour dates and the Mardi Gras date wasn't listed as part of it... any ideas as to whether they are going to be replaced or not?

AWESOME!! I've been a fan since high school and have never seen them. Finally getting my chance! Maybe Primus or NIN could show up now too :p

I love the Mardi Gras line-up now. :lol:

I'm man enough to admit I was wrong. Hate said he would like them (and he said this with no insider knowledge, just as a fan) and I didn't think they would.

I saw Weezer at Hard Rock November 2012...they put on a great show. Theyre a pretty big deal for Mardi Gras...should be great!