Mardi Gras 2014 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well not a very exciting line up so far. Hopefully some of the TBAs will change that for me. It won't keep me from going it will just keep me from being stuck in the crowds around the concert area and enjoy the parade in another area of the park.

Does the current line-up of Foreigner even include any original members? I know Lou Gramm is doing Velvet Sessions this month.

There are 4 I'll be trying very hard to get a great spot for, and Daughtry will be a "maybe if I feel like it" I'll see if I can get a decent spot. Skillet especially will be a "I will sit here all day if I have to" event. Haven't seen them live in several years (last time was actually in a small community college gym, kind of a one-off concert between big tours, was really cool to see a big name group in that kind of a setting).

Of all those bands, I'd most want to see Collective Soul but I don't think I'm gonna make a trip there before HP2.0. I don't even know who Skillet is.

More acts revealed:

FEB 8
DAUGHTRYMAR 1COLLECTIVE SOULAPR 5SKILLET
FEB 15BARENAKED LADIESMAR 8PRINCE ROYCEAPR 12LYNYRD SKYNYRD
FEB 16THOMAS RHETTMAR 14CODY SIMPSONAPR 19KOOL & THE GANG
FEB 22ROBIN THICKEMAR 15FOREIGNERMAY 3NELLY
MAR 21TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 10THE WANTED
MAR 22GAVIN DEGRAWMAY 17TO BE ANNOUNCED
MAR 28TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 24TO BE ANNOUNCED
MAR 29TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 31TO BE ANNOUNCED

I don't know half these bands :shrug:

I've got high hopes for the tba acts.

I'm on that same boat! Hopefully!

I always try to look at everything as "glass half full", but this line-up is trash. I have no idea who 4 of these acts are.

The young five guy group was on Ellen this past week or before. They were a tween wet dream band. What are they called?

Was that wanted? Since they were one of the first acts announced I stopped to listen to them on Ellen and wasn't at all impressed. Sometimes when I hear groups like that I stop and think maybe it's my age but when my tween thinks they are lame then I am reassured it is just bad music and not the generation gap.

Was that wanted? Since they were one of the first acts announced I stopped to listen to them on Ellen and wasn't at all impressed. Sometimes when I hear groups like that I stop and think maybe it's my age but when my tween thinks they are lame then I am reassured it is just bad music and not the generation gap.

Now that you have given me the name, yep, Wanted is the Brit boy band that was on Ellen as "DJs". I seldom watch music groups on any guest show and they were no different.

As usual, I don't really care for many, if any, of the acts (just personal opinion). In the past I have loved OneRepublic, Neon Trees, and Cyndi Lauper, but those are rarities. If I had to pick one this year I would probably pick The Wanted. There are still six more to be announced, so we'll see what happens with those. Last couple of years I went to over 100 concerts, so it is not like I don't like any music, just not these particular artists.

I'd like it if they got Sister Hazel. They always put on a good show at Eat to the Beat. Wouldn't surprise me if Disney's contract prohibits acts from playing both parks though.

Last edited:
I know they have to offer variety for each musical genre, but I guess my main gripe is that "I'VE NEVER HEARD OF 4 OF THE ACTS!". It's a rarity for Universal to drop the ball lately. Really hoping the TBA's are something special.

Some of those acts sound pretty fun to me. We're planning Barenaked Ladies, Collective Soul, Foreigner, and Skillet.

Nelly and Daughtry could be pretty fun too.