Mardi Gras 2014 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had never heard of A Great Big World, but it is one of the few that actually sounds decent.
Their song, "Say Something" was a top 5 hit on the billboard charts recently.

[video=youtube;-2U0Ivkn2Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds[/video]

Wow, Huey Lewis hasn't played since the stage was over by La Bamba, looking forward to that one! And it looks like I am pulling concert detail this year, so I may get to see all, or most, of the shows.

Was slow enought tonight that Universal was taking walkups for bead throwers. Ended up having a blast and did this for the first time.

Video from last night's opening parade:
[video=youtube_share;ZqOMIkwI7Zc]http://youtu.be/ZqOMIkwI7Zc[/video]

Maybe it was the weather, but it seemed like fewer strolling performers than in past years...

Thanks for posting. Yeah, not only was it sparse, what is it with the lights not coming on between all floats to light up the street performers? I only saw them come up once on that corner.

I'm considering next weekend if it's not too crowded.

Taking the temperature of locals, BNL seems pretty popular. One of those bands few people might pay to see, but a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing if it's free. Throw in holiday weekend, I expect it to be jammed.

Taking the temperature of locals, BNL seems pretty popular. One of those bands few people might pay to see, but a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing if it's free. Throw in holiday weekend, I expect it to be jammed.

Last time they played it wasn't terribly crowded. Definitely not to the insane levels some of the other bands have managed.

Awesome pics, BriMan! :cheers: I've been slowly working on mine :lol:

Mardi Gras was, as always, excellent fun and I loved the new floats featured this year! I can't wait to go back again soon! :thumbs: