Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s apparently a lengthy youtube review with spoilers

And apparently in the carnival scene, there is a coaster called “The Great Moving Ride”. Adorable nod.

Last edited:
Blogger Laramie on the Loose has an 18 minute compilation of the attraction on the WDWMagic M&MRR Spoiler thread. He adds that the ride has so much going on that you could probably ride it 20 times and still see stuff you missed on previous rides. He gave it a very glowing review.

Looking back at my email, they encouraged us to share our experience, so here’s my experience! Lol

let me know if there’s anything you want clarified or something I didn’t talk about!

Let’s go in order:

The queue space is very small and lackluster. They took out the memorabilia and refreshed the walls/carpet (which look great, not for nothing) and have the Mickey short posters scrolling in digital frames on the wall. It looks like a fancier philharmagic. Then, where the old theatre room used to be, you are directed into one of two identical preshow rooms, which are pretty small. Seemed a bit smaller than Dinosaur’s to me.

I think the preshow is great. You start watching the Perfect Picnic short, something goes horribly wrong, and Goofy crashes the train into the barn. Even though I knew the gag was coming, I was still really impressed by the effect. A+ execution of the screen ripping/bursting. You get to hear the original song in the short and the whole thing is brief enough that it won’t be real annoying on re-rides (looking at you FoP).

Then you enter the train barn where they have 3-ish switchbacks and then you load the train. The train cars were more spacious than I was expecting, but didn’t have as much motion either.

I feel like doing a scene breakdown is redundant since we have the ride layout graphic already, so I’ll skip that. Also I don’t remember everything tbh lol. But things that stuck out to me:

The tornado room was cool, but I thought we were going to spin around it and we didn’t. We just snuck past it.

Going down the waterfall, we absolutely were missing motion. Someone told me afterward than there was supposed to be a tilt track under us, but it must not have been working when we rode it, because we were absolutely still. So I’ll hold on my opinion for that part until I ride it again.

Turning out of your waterfall pod and seeing the room had changed behind you was very cute and unexpected.

Daisy’s dance class was a let down. Seeing the dancing choreo that happens on Pooh’s Hunny Hunt or, yes, even the first 20 seconds of Antarctica, I know trackless rides are capable of more than they were used for in that scene. I would’ve loved for them to partner up and dance and spin around each other.

The climax of the factory turning into the park was cool, but not as grand and impressive as I think Disney was hyping it up to be. I think the practical scenery didn’t move enough in the ride as a whole. Almost all movement was in the projection video. Which isn’t a bad thing, it just doesn’t feel as revolutionary as I think they were hoping for. That being said, I’m looking forward to riding it again and seeing if I feel differently. I did go in with VERY high expectations, so that could be influencing that.

Oh I loved seeing Goofy in the engine car. Yes, it’s projections, but he’s projected on a scrim or something and it looked like there was real depth in the engine when the doors opened up. It was really a wow moment for me, personally.

After unload, you walk back through a replica of the preshow room, but the screen reads “The End” and it’s perfect. And I smelled popcorn walking out!

After one ride (so don’t hold me to this lol) I’d give the ride 8/10? Its clean and gorgeous execution makes up for a lot of its (pretty minor) faults.

Last edited:
From Marni, Magic & IU Insider, this morning on Magic......"More from someone I trust; 'Great preshow and load. After which the ride was fun but anticlimax. Would ride again though. The much touted 2.5 D visuals were a letdown and seem to be more of a public relations stunt. I'll let others discuss exactly what was done visually. Fun ride, but not as good or enjoyable as what it replaced'. "

Reactions: belloq87
So I keep hearing things about a "B-mode" for this ride. What is it and how does it work? Does that mean if any of the AAs don't work, they change the story for it? Is it just an alternate experience for whatever reason?

All I keep hearing about this ride is how "cute" it is. I thought projection mapping might deliver some wow moments but overall the assessment seems to be "cute."

So I keep hearing things about a "B-mode" for this ride. What is it and how does it work? Does that mean if any of the AAs don't work, they change the story for it? Is it just an alternate experience for whatever reason?
I think I heard that there's 2 different routes you could take on the ride. Both add extra to the story that you won't find on the alternate path.

All I keep hearing about this ride is how "cute" it is. I thought projection mapping might deliver some wow moments but overall the assessment seems to be "cute."
I've heard the same from a few CM friends.

I think I heard that there's 2 different routes you could take on the ride. Both add extra to the story that you won't find on the alternate path.
Interesting. So it's not dependant on how well the ride is running. Do you get to chose what experience you want or is B-mode something random?

Interesting. So it's not dependant on how well the ride is running. Do you get to chose what experience you want or is B-mode something random?
Here is what I was thinking of:
“This attraction actually has a B story,” Walt Disney Imagineering’s Kevin Rafferty stated. “First one ever that has a B story in addition to the A story. It’s very clear and it’s very fun.”

Is there reports of how long the ride is... I've tried to stay away from reviews, but am interested in that so I know what to expect time-wise.
Ride: 4 minutes 30 seconds according to someone who timed it...............people seem to love the 1 minute 30 second pre show though

Lots of people are saying it's really cute, but these are also CMs who live and breathe Disney attractions. I'm curious to see the GP reaction.

Less than a week to go...

Reactions: SkiBum
Hate to say this but I don't trust Magic reviews. Chips on their shoulder, the whole lot of em.

What? That doesn't sound like them at all. For me, I prefer to wait until the ride has been open and when people have had the opportunity to ride it more than once. I cannot remember if it was on this thread or the Rise thread where someone mentioned how that the first "Rise" reviews were so awesome and now they are coming back to earth a little.