Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really, really like that it's lapbars instead of seatbelts. It just feels right thematically compared to RotR's seatbelts. IIRC Mystic Manor also utilizes a lapbar.
It makes it much easier on ops, for sure (and it's better thematically as you said). They don't have to worry about checking every single person, just that the lap bar is down. The reason RotR has seat belts is simply because of the drop.

From the video yesterday, it looks like each individual car is intended to hold 7 people - 3 in the front and 4 in the back. The full "train" likely is intended to send out 28 people per dispatch if the train is 4 RVs long like I believe it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan
It makes it much easier on ops, for sure (and it's better thematically as you said). They don't have to worry about checking every single person, just that the lap bar is down. The reason RotR has seat belts is simply because of the drop.

Could you imagine RotR with a lapbar, though? Would be super weird.

One of the things that always bothered me about Back to the Future: The Ride was that the DeLorean had a lapbar instead of seatbelts. Hell it bothers me on Transformers and Spidey considering that these are supposed to be cars. Yes I know the operational and engineering reason for such and it is way quicker. (for instance, if TF or Spidey had seatbelts, that would probably require a second stop for each vehicle prior to a full dispatch with an extra person constantly on staff to make sure seatbelts are in and then closing the vehicle door, which in of itself has to be manually dispatched again and doesn't allow time to catch possible necessary reset errors to the RV which requires the door to be reshut before full dispatch, therefore causing a possible ride stop and cascade BUT I digress) Ironically, when Simpsons became the theme, the lapbars suddenly were turned thematically accurate as it was now a roller coaster.

Reactions: MrRoamer and Nick
I thought I read something saying the opposite, but I very well could be wrong.
The plans show a separate area for unload as far as I know. Even a recreation of the theater we walked through earlier on our way out to the exit.
Alicia is right. Separate load and unload, and, I think, room for a train in between (not positive on that one). Plus, ADA gets it's own load to help things go even faster.