Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The real last thing is if it's any good or not.

I'm finding it impossible to gauge people's perception of what this is going to be.

Some people are pissed it's replacing it's GMR
Some people think it's a kids ride
Some people think it's going to be ground breaking tech
Some people are excited because it's Mickey
Some people don't know about it

I can't remember a ride opening that has been all over the place like this.

I've been following this from the start, the early tech previews were wildly impressive and I can't wait to see it looks in person.

Speaking of how it looks in person, I have a feeling that the vloggers are going to make this an impossible ride during the early opening as they try to capture their POVs which will probably look terrible.

For me, the following things are true:

1. I’m extremely disappointed that The Great Movie Ride was removed for this when other (read: better) options for its placement existed.

2. I’m wary of another screen/projection-heavy ride in a park that is sorely lacking in classic-style dark rides (see point #1).

3. The concept art and glimpses of the scenery-changing technology have got me genuinely excited; I think it’s going to be a dazzling experience, visually.

4. Centering an attraction around truly the most iconic, time-tested Disney characters, who’ve never really gotten their due in ride form, feels like a breath of fresh air in an era where the company is all (or certainly mostly) about hyping the newest/biggest franchises or playing to Millennial nostalgia. In comparison, Runaway Railway almost feels more like an “original” attraction than an IP attraction, and I think that’s great.

This is from a mickey short. Shows how the animation style of mickey and minnie has changed over the year, the further into the picture the newer the style! super interesting B3D7162F-6CB4-4F02-9D54-DF97B9130FCD.jpeg

here’s the short, has full screen version of each mickey and minnie style doing dialogue:

Btw, i wonder if they’ll do any queue poster for the minnie shorts? there’s only like five, but since she’s in the title of the ride...

In my opinion, the oldest couple of styles are the worse looking. The first one looks like Felix the Cat , very primitive. The second one looks like Mighty Mouse. The middle styles are my fav of the various types.

I frankly am in the dark on this ride and I think my source is too, but I hope for AAs of all the fab 5. I can’t imagine Disney won’t nail a Mickey ride, I’m super hyped this will be open for my April trip, although I’m worried over the standby lines for this one, evrryone on vacation at WDW will of course go on the Mickey ride.

y’all think they’ve considered changing the three amigos (screen portion) to their new animation style (the same as runaway railway)? Honestly just realized that they’d be the same sort of ip with a different look

It cracks me up that apparently CMs are being asked to #DisneyCastLife on anything they post to social media from this preview. I assume it's so guests understand it was a cast preview, but I'm guessing it's really Disney tracking to make sure that everything posted is what they want out there. I understand that there are guidelines about what can and can't be posted (sounds like just the queue area). I'm willing to make a bet there's a full ride through posted before the preview is over...

Don’t forget,”some people hate the Mickey et al character designs used.”
I'll be honest. I highly prefer the Mickey Mouse from the 50's era and maybe even 60's, along with the looks of the other characters (specifically Donald). However, that won't stop me from enjoying this ride. Though not having been on Rise, I have been looking forward to riding MMRR much more than Rise. Could be mistaken but I'll find out sooner or later. Probably later (i.e. next year).

It cracks me up that apparently CMs are being asked to #DisneyCastLife on anything they post to social media from this preview. I assume it's so guests understand it was a cast preview, but I'm guessing it's really Disney tracking to make sure that everything posted is what they want out there. I understand that there are guidelines about what can and can't be posted (sounds like just the queue area). I'm willing to make a bet there's a full ride through posted before the preview is over...
Cell phones are being confiscated from what I have heard.