Monsters Inc. Land | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just don’t think attractions like Muppet Vision attract enough guests for them to serve as a release valve. I hear you, and think the solution at DHS is to create more areas that are pleasant to spend time in because right now it’s the ugliest park at the resort and offers the grimmest vibes.

But Star Tours, Mickey and Minnie, Smugglers Run and (to a degree) Midway Mania all offer D-Ticket and lower experiences that help mitigate big draws like Tower of Terror, Rise, Rock n Roller Coaster and (in the future) Monsters.
but...those attractions, except ST, have waits as high as the E attractions. DHS is so short of capacity that losing even one attraction, that is generally busy, is bad. Touring Plans does a weekly average of the Disney park's 'actual' stand by waits. And DHS is almost always one third higher than the other three parks.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Is Muppets generally busy? Maybe we have different definitions of busy.
I've never visited the parks during the busy season. I always go during slow/moderate seasons. I can't recall a time I attended Muppets that it didn't have a fairly sizeable crowd. DHS is very limited since lines there are so long. The alternatives, shows, all do pretty well.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It's kind of ironic, you have these D-tickets or C-tickets that you build to alleviate capacity issues, but then they get underutilized because they're D or C-tickets that aren't perceived as the checkpoints you need to pass to make your vacation "worth it". When the masses spend every moment hyper-optimizing their vacation, they no longer get distributed in a healthy manner across the park.

Reactions: SeventyOne
See I thought it looked like Launch Bay. But Alicia’s post on the Lighting McQueen building - especially its height and shape changed my mind.
But then there's the other piece of concept art that looks like you can see the Muppet section of Grand Avenue in the background. Notice the water tower on top of the building. Harryhausen's could arguable even be in the space of Mama Melrose's in this image.

I think what's going on is they created multiple pieces of concept art of the MI Land in multiple different spots in the part. They just have yet to decide exactly where it will go.
GUrGnLBXwAAokDX

When do you think we find out? The longer this goes on, the worse it’s going to get.

So what’s the status currently? From what I’ve seen in multiple places and gathered: it’s currently: the plan is muppets but animation courtyard is being looked at.

Please use the edit feature (or +quote feature) instead of posting back to back to back. It just fills up space in the thread and unless it's newsworthy, it's actually against forum rules. Replying to yourself 40 minutes after you posted asking for an update on this at 9:30pm est is not going is not going to get you an answer.

I understand people love MuppetVision and don't want to see it go, but posting over and over isn't going to get you an answer faster. Disney will give us one when they give us one. Personally, i'd recommend making sure Disney knows your concerns by letting them know on twitter or something like that if it's true they haven't decided.

Reactions: Jake S