Monsters Inc. Land | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Magic Eye is at a similar scale and has the added motion effect to the seats (which is working as of a few weeks ago when I watched the shorts festival). Not entirely opposed to this idea, if it means we finally get a reimagined Imagination pavilion.

I must have been seeing a different show than everyone here because since SWGE I've had the most full shows of MuppetVision in decades, to the point I'm seeing the queue behind the building again.
Yes, I completely agree with you.. I think this 'empty theater' talk is coming from people that either rarely go to the parks, or if they do they aren't into attending shows. Muppets still a fun show and seems fairly busy most every time I've been in its vicinity or attended it.....Now that it's been brought up though, I can see why Disney would prefer the Lightening Lane extra charge for Monsters as opposed to no extra money for Muppets. Disney's greed is often a driving force behind decisions. If that's the case, it's an extra fee greedy reason, not that Muppets isn't pulling in people.

Last edited:
It’s a theater that has shown 3D films in the past. Not quite as big as MuppetVision though.

Magic Eye Theater
View attachment 22985
Pre-Show
View attachment 22987
Queue
View attachment 22986
I would like it, I only worry if there’s room for things like penguins or the chef. Explosion damage could be projection mapped if they absolutely had to, same with fireworks I guess. Idk how they’d fit the theming into the queue tho. I think it could be possible.

Yes. I think this 'empty theater' talk is coming from people that either rarely go to the parks, or if they do they aren't into attending shows. Muppets still a fun show and seems fairly busy most every time I've been in its vicinity or attended it.
The empty theaters are Mermaid cause it’s closed and Mickey Shorts cause it’s lame.

Magic Eye is at a similar scale and has the added motion effect to the seats (which is working as of a few weeks ago when I watched the shorts festival). Not entirely opposed to this idea, if it means we finally get a reimagined Imagination pavilion.
Apparently it was tossed around before in a “muppet labs” concept for a figment retheme in 2020.

Reactions: Alicia
The data doesn’t lie…

View attachment 22988
All the shows' wait times at the park are at that level. They're all large theaters and they can handle a ton of people. Even the very popular Mickey's Philharmagic at MK is generally at that same level. That graph is apples and oranges comparing rides to shows. That's why Touring Plans recommends that people don't waste their Genie Plus on theater shows. You can almost always get into one up to the last boarding call. I attend the shows often on my vacations. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see B&B, Frozen, IJ, Nemo, Philharmagic, LK, Amer. Experience, Bug, Pixar Shorts, Bears, by getting there right before it started. I only go early if I want a real good seat.

Last edited:
All the shows' wait times at the park are at that level. They're all large theaters and they can handle a ton of people. Even the very popular Mickey's Philharmagic at MK is generally at that same level. That graph is apples and oranges comparing rides to shows. That's why Touring Plans recommends that people don't waste their Genie Plus on theater shows. You can almost always get into one up to the last boarding call.
I’ve heard people say that muppetvision is a bit “outdated”, I disagree. I think, along with philharmagic, it still brings in crowds, it’s good for the park. Move it somewhere else if you must, but I think the attraction itself still has a lot of gas in the tank. It’s the spot that kills it.

I’ve heard people say that muppetvision is a bit “outdated”, I disagree. I think, along with philharmagic, it still brings in crowds, it’s good for the park. Move it somewhere else if you must, but I think the attraction itself still has a lot of gas in the tank. It’s the spot that kills it.
I think it was only a tad slow a few years back since there was always major construction going on around it for a few years. Once the construction stopped, the crowds came back.

I think it was only a tad slow a few years back since there was always major construction going on around it for a few years. Once the construction stopped, the crowds came back.
I do think grand avenue is kidna a Stinker, so if there’s any way of keeping muppets in DHS while updating grand avenue/putting monsters there I’d love to hear it.

The data doesn’t lie…

View attachment 22988
Muppet Vision has the capacity for 564 people each show, it's a 15 minute cycle leading to a total hourly capacity of 2,256 people per hour. It's not hitting that number each show, but assuming throughout the day its throughput is half of its theoretical capacity, it's still being experienced by far more people than a stage show, let alone some smaller rides.

Muppet Vision has the capacity for 564 people each show, it's a 15 minute cycle leading to a total hourly capacity of 2,256 people per hour. It's not hitting that number each show, but assuming throughout the day its throughput is half of its theoretical capacity, it's still being experienced by far more people than a stage show, let alone some smaller rides.
I wait longer for Muppets than Star Tours.

It was wild actually being told to fill in all the available space and move forward in the preshow holding room for Muppets again last few times. I do remember when it wasn’t packing them in for a few years, but since Galaxy’s Edge opened I think foot traffic has increased a lot and it’s always a packed house when I’m there now.

Jim shull being ominous

I wait longer for Muppets than Star Tours.

It was wild actually being told to fill in all the available space and move forward in the preshow holding room for Muppets again last few times. I do remember when it wasn’t packing them in for a few years, but since Galaxy’s Edge opened I think foot traffic has increased a lot and it’s always a packed house when I’m there now.
That’s what happened to me too last time. I even got to see the full preshow because of it!

Quote from lentesta on wdwmagic “Putting Monstropolis in Muppets Courtyard is the current path. That can change, but it's pretty late in the process. My guess is there's about a week to come up with a viable alternative and explain why taking a month to re-do the paperwork is worth, you know, cutting $5M in Lightning Lane revenue right off the top of the financials.”

Jim shull being ominous

That’s what happened to me too last time. I even got to see the full preshow because of it!

Quote from lentesta on wdwmagic “Putting Monstropolis in Muppets Courtyard is the current path. That can change, but it's pretty late in the process. My guess is there's about a week to come up with a viable alternative and explain why taking a month to re-do the paperwork is worth, you know, cutting $5M in Lightning Lane revenue right off the top of the financials.”

Please try not to Double, or in this case, Triple Post.

You can use the multi-quote feature before replying to a thread, or go back and edit in your responses.

Thanks!

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts