Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Hated Attractions

Really? Why was I imagining just Frozen songs on the screen with a bouncing ball for following the lyrics? And then eventually a lipped Let It Go?

No, there is actually a story line for this show. It re-tells the movie, yes and it has the bouncing ball. But the underlying story line is a celebration that is occurring and the two historians are telling the story of why they are celebrating something. So they are able to tell jokes and it appeals to the kids and the adults as some of the jokes are for the adults. Similar to a Pixar movie, where adults enjoy them because of the jokes the kids won't get, but the adults do type thing.

No lie, there is that ... but the segments are introduced by two Arrendale (sp?) "historians" who recap the story ... and throw in fourth wall-breaking jokes, meta commentary on Disney films and Star Wars references. Even during the sing-along, watch them on the side of the stage, like you'd watch Bill & Ted during the main dance numbers.

Having done Frozen and TSM for the first time in a while in the same week, former is a lot more satisfying Disney experience.

I saw the DLR version last year (which is closed now due to the actual musical existing), which I've been told is an exact copy of the DHS one and was throughouly unimpressed. There were some cute lines but it was a little too cloying for my tastes and I left before it ended. If you're familiar with the actors I guess that would help enjoyment tenfold. I wouldn't say it was the worst theme park entertainment ever.

Anyways...

Magic Kingdom: Stitch's Great Escape. A poorly written attraction seemingly designed in mind for toddlers despite freaking them out at the same time. A waste of fantastic technology.

Epcot: Journey into Imagination with Figment. A short-term fix that's been chugging much too long. Like Stitch, it seems to only exist for the merch. Bring the Dreamfinder back so he can conjure up something more imaginative, or Inside Out. Either/or, just trash this ride.

Universe of Energy is a close second even though I kind of adore the music and even the witty (if dated) film, due to its catastrophically awful shape. I don't care if it's going away for a coaster, Disney should never ever let anything run in public in such horrid shape.

DHS: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular: it's old, feeble, rather boring and long. At least Great Movie Ride is still pretty innovative.

DAK: All of Dino-Rama. Still represents the nadir of WDI's bargain basement accomplishments under the Eisner reign, cracked pavement or not. At least Finding Nemo had some serious talent behind it (and A/C), I don't see how many can defend this. (for the record I do really like Nemo)

USF: Shrek 4D. It's on Netflix, why is it still here?

And sidenote: I've never seen Barney but again, why is it still here? It's 2016!

IOA: Storm Force Acceleration, for obvious reasons.

Posiedon's Fury is something to be admired TBH in many ways, despite its batsh*t crazy ending that had me guffawing pretty hard. I've never seen Sinbad, so no comment.

Going to SeaWorld Orlando for the first time ever next month but I here that the "dark rides" are over-the-top cheesy and personally I can not wait.

In Cali...

USH: Surprsingly not Shrek, which has been technologically upgraded in some very neat ways. It at least looks good. Instead I'm rewarding this dishonorable award to Animal Actors, which is just a stale, tired show in desperate need of a tune-up.

Disneyland Park: Winnie the Pooh. What a mess of a thematic anything. Quite possibly the sloppiest composed attraction I've ever been on. At least Superstar Limo had consistency in its design scheme.

DCA: Tuck and Roll. Disney's only attempt at bumper cars and they're awful. I hate this because I love bumper cars, I love Disney, put the two together and it should be a no-brainer.

Knott's Berry Farm: Pony Express. Uncomfortable, much?

Six Flags Magic Mountain: the park. All of it.

Except for Apocalypse. You get a free-pass.

Disneyland Park: Winnie the Pooh. What a mess of a thematic anything. Quite possibly the sloppiest composed attraction I've ever been on. At least Superstar Limo had consistency in its design scheme.
Oh god, I forgot about that. I'm gonna admit, I'm actually a pretty big fan of the WDW version of Winnie the Pooh. But the DLR one is awful... wrong location, cheapness that somehow surpasses the other versions, completely out of order scenes... yeesh.

Oh god, I forgot about that. I'm gonna admit, I'm actually a pretty big fan of the WDW version of Winnie the Pooh. But the DLR one is awful... wrong location, cheapness that somehow surpasses the other versions, completely out of order scenes... yeesh.

Plus the fact that it just keeps rolling as opposed to the WDW rolling during the flood. It doesn't make sense and doesn't the effect. I actually really enjoy the WDW version. Anymore, we FP+ it along with Pirates and Haunted Mansion for one day.

For me:

MK: Stitch. Just hate it.
EPCOT: Universe of Energy - Too long and lacks something anymore.
AK: Dinorama. Ugly and tacky. I love Dinosaur although I wouldn't mind it being converted back to CTE.
DHS: I guess Indiana Jones as they have ripped out anything else I hated.

UNI: I didn't go on all the rides Rockit wins for me. Too many midcourse brakes and too rough.
IOA: Dr. Doom or Storm Force followed by Poseidon. I didn't watch the Sinbad show. Doom and SF are just blah. Poseidon was disappointing because the façade really screams "Awesome Ride Inside" and then you go in and it's a walkthrough.

I'm pretty easy to please as far as attraction but Shrek is just the worst...

Last November I rode it for the first time after walking past it for 8 years. We made it the last ride of the trip and that was the biggest mistake

Show / Ride

MK: Country Bear Jamboree / Little Mermaid
Epcot: Circle of Life / Journey into Imagination
HS: Beauty and the Beast / StarTours (only because there's a grand total of four rides)
AK: Finding Nemo / Primeval Whirl

US: Shrek / Woody Woodpecker Coaster (I know it's a cheap answer but I can't think of any ride I dislike)
IoA: Sinbad (only real show that comes to mind) / Sneetch Sky Trolley (super annoying)

SeaWorld: Clyde & Seamore / Kraken
Busch Gardens: Iceploration I guess? / Scorpion