Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Maybe its just me but Ive enjoyed the past few movies that have come out of the Geisel estate from Suess. I wouldn't go so far as to call it garbage. Every movie nowadays is being re-booted or re-made. What qualifies this as any more special or different?

I rather like the Seuss remakes, or new movies in general of less than heard of Seuss movies, but I do wish they continued that trend instead of going with the Grinch.

I enjoyed the Cat In The Hat when I was a kid. Maybe its the fact that parts of the story in the movie was not part of the original story from the book. If we have to blame anyone for allowing this movie to be released, that person, unfortunately, should be Audrey Giesel. How she allowed it to happen is beyond all of us.

Now let's get :focus:. If this ever happens, I call 2016 after HP 2.0 opens.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but a Mt. Crumpit family coaster gets me FAR more excited than an Amber Mine coaster. I hope it goes through and the Amber Mine is killed off. Then again, I guess I'm just turning into a crotchety old grouch. Damn you kids, get off of my lawn!!! :fist:

Why can't they build both coasters? :thumbs: It's not like the two would be exactly alike. Plus, it would finally give Seuss Landing a thrill ride,
(but only a 38" height requirement) and like rumored it could use the Poseidon's Fury area. Of course, I still think that if LC tore down the carnival games, and
replaced them with a small ride/attraction, and in the extra space by Sinbad, built a C-ticket dark ride themed to Greek mythology, they wouldn't have to gut the remaining area
for Potter or LOTR, while Mythos would survive as well.

2 unique and different family coasters are better than one, though. :hat:

Why can't they build both coasters? :thumbs: It's not like the two would be exactly alike. Plus, it would finally give Seuss Landing a thrill ride,
(but only a 38" height requirement) and like rumored it could use the Poseidon's Fury area. Of course, I still think that if LC tore down the carnival games, and
replaced them with a small ride/attraction, and in the extra space by Sinbad, built a C-ticket dark ride themed to Greek mythology, they wouldn't have to gut the remaining area
for Potter or LOTR, while Mythos would survive as well.

2 unique and different family coasters are better than one, though. :hat:

$$$

There is still a Seuss project on the way down the line.

JP is just coming first.

And I think this was done since there is a movie in the works which would make this more appealing to guests. So you watch the movie and then see this new attraction being advertised, you might want to come to Uni to see what it is all about. If they did Seuss first the timing would not be as good.

Not to mention that comparing JP to Suess as far as number of rides (available to the majority of guests), JP needs it more than Seuss does, right now...

JP = 1
Jurassic Park River Adventure

Seuss = 4
Cat in the Hat
Caro-Seuss-el
One Fish, Two Fish...
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley

The second half of the decade for IOA is going to be great. That is as long as Potter money keeps coming in :skellington:

Not to mention that comparing JP to Suess as far as number of rides (available to the majority of guests), JP needs it more than Seuss does, right now...

JP = 1
Jurassic Park River Adventure

Seuss = 4
Cat in the Hat
Caro-Seuss-el
One Fish, Two Fish...
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley

JP also has the Pteranodon flyers, Camp Jurassic, and the Discovery Center. But that's kinda stretching it as far as attractions are concerned and I agree, for the size of the island JP needs more attractions.

The second half of the decade for IOA is going to be great. That is as long as Potter money keeps coming in :skellington:

Awesome! After Transformers, Simpsons and Potter are done at USF, it'll be time for them to focus on IOA again :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

JP also has the Pteranodon flyers, Camp Jurassic, and the Discovery Center. But that's kinda stretching it as far as attractions are concerned and I agree, for the size of the island JP needs more attractions.

That's why I put rides in bold, and specified that I was referring to those that most guests can ride. I, and most guests, can't ride Flyers due to heigh restrictions, and the rest aren't rides.