MSHI Expansion? | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn’t it inevitable that Marvel Island will go away at some point? My understanding is that Universal can only do so much to “upgrade” the area.

The same can be said for any area. As far as I can figure, the only thing that's off limits is using the MCU and even then, I think a deal is there to be made if they wanted to but it would cost a fortune.

I think they have the ability to do whatever they want and Disney aside, the people who have been at Marvel since the 90s absolutely adore Universal for taking the risk of putting Marvel in IOA and having Spider-Man being associated with one of the all time greatest rides must put a smile on their face.

Reactions: FatalBubbles
Isn’t it inevitable that Marvel Island will go away at some point? My understanding is that Universal can only do so much to “upgrade” the area.
Well, Marvel Comics have been around for about 80 years so far. As long as they remain a well-known entity in the world, I believe Universal will keep MSHI open. And I do not see Marvel going the way of the dodo anytime soon.

The contract has no end date. As long as Universal wants to keep the island open, they can. All they have to do is keep up with maintenance and technology, and there's no reason to get rid of it.

I believe it will be one of the last Islands to go...I feel it is very safe...Unless Marvel stops making money all of the sudden

If you think about it, Marvel has two E-tickets, One D ticket and one C-Ticket...Two restaurants, an arcade and its own small parade...It's quite fleshed out IMO

My unpopular opinion on MSHI is that it has a lot of stuff, I mean a lot, a LOT of stuff, but all of it is either meh or just good. Nothing great, nothing terrible, just meh and good.

Hulk is a good coaster but nothing too special, launches and large scale attractions are aplenty in Orlando.

Spiderman was groundbreaking and is still fun, but doesn't wow me as much as it did a couple years ago. It just feels like the first step for attractions like FJ, Transformers, and Gringotts technology-wise, although it has the best personality out of any ride in the world imo.

Dooooom is a drop tower with a twist, and a fun one at that, and good theming but sits somewhere between "cool" and "I just forgot about that ride 3 seconds after I rode it."

Storm is a spinner.

The restaurants and food stands all fall into the category of "theme park food."

The M&Gs are cool though.

Reactions: HPFred and SkiBum
Spiderman was groundbreaking and is still fun, but doesn't wow me as much as it did a couple years ago. It just feels like the first step for attractions like FJ, Transformers, and Gringotts technology-wise, although it has the best personality out of any ride in the world imo.

:ban: Cannot believe that you took a shot at Spidey. Wow. Would agree with the rest. Still, that is a pretty well-rounded land. Four rides (even if only two of them will be frequented by me) is not bad at all. It just seems that some of the other "islands" need some help before MSHI.

:ban: Cannot believe that you took a shot at Spidey. Wow. Would agree with the rest. Still, that is a pretty well-rounded land. Four rides (even if only two of them will be frequented by me) is not bad at all. It just seems that some of the other "islands" need some help before MSHI.
Personally I find that ride quite overrated by this forum, although I still really like it.

I do think that both of the parks have many, many more weak points that need to be fixed more than the island. I do think it’s passable for the GP, but as a fan it’s a bit lackluster after repeat visits imo.

Reactions: HPFred and SkiBum
My unpopular opinion on MSHI is that it has a lot of stuff, I mean a lot, a LOT of stuff, but all of it is either meh or just good. Nothing great, nothing terrible, just meh and good.
tumblr_n3er2bMnjr1qe5ugfo1_500.gif

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is the best attraction at Universal Orlando. Even if some other rides may be in the discussion, Spider-Man is certainly not "just good."

Personally I find that ride quite overrated by this forum, although I still really like it.

I do think that both of the parks have many, many more weak points that need to be fixed more than the island. I do think it’s passable for the GP, but as a fan it’s a bit lackluster after repeat visits imo.

It's not just this forum.

BTW - the winners for best dark ride following 2014 were Forbidden Journey (2015) and Twilight Tower of Terror (2016-2017). I think we all know why ToT made it's jump to best dark ride after what happened out west.
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.20.52 AM.jpg