MSHI Expansion? | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they should just end the contract. Why? Because the sixth episode of the '90s Iron Man cartoon's second season, called "Iron Man, on the Inside," where Hawkeye has his spine severely injured in a fight and Iron Man has to shrink down and go inside him to insert a technological fix while simultaneously battling Ultimo who has been shrunk along with him, is very reminiscent of Body Wars, so it'd be perfect for basing an updated version of the attraction on. The ride film would be animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha, the Japanese studio who animated the Iron Man cartoon. Having the film be animated would ensure nothing would become outdated like the live-action film that originally played. In addition, the inside of Hawkeye would be animated realistically, with the latest research being given to the animators. For riders who miss the original Body Wars, Elisabeth Shue reprises her role as Dr. Cynthia Lair in animated form; Dr. Lair accompanies Iron Man inside Hawkeye. Continuing from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, there'd be multiple destinations and storylines riders could select or have pre-selected for them. Two of the pre-selected sequences would be based on the original cartoon episode the ride is based on and the original Body Wars film respectively. You could also design a custom body probe prior to boarding the simulator, the body probe design of choice would be shown in the ride film. We need this in EPCOT.
That would be great in DHS. Not EPCOT.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think they should just end the contract. Why? Because the sixth episode of the '90s Iron Man cartoon's second season, called "Iron Man, on the Inside," where Hawkeye has his spine severely injured in a fight and Iron Man has to shrink down and go inside him to insert a technological fix while simultaneously battling Ultimo who has been shrunk along with him, is very reminiscent of Body Wars, so it'd be perfect for basing an updated version of the attraction on. The ride film would be animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha, the Japanese studio who animated the Iron Man cartoon. Having the film be animated would ensure nothing would become outdated like the live-action film that originally played. In addition, the inside of Hawkeye would be animated realistically, with the latest research being given to the animators. For riders who miss the original Body Wars, Elisabeth Shue reprises her role as Dr. Cynthia Lair in animated form; Dr. Lair accompanies Iron Man inside Hawkeye. Continuing from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, there'd be multiple destinations and storylines riders could select or have pre-selected for them. Two of the pre-selected sequences would be based on the original cartoon episode the ride is based on and the original Body Wars film respectively. You could also design a custom body probe prior to boarding the simulator, the body probe design of choice would be shown in the ride film. We need this in EPCOT.
I think you just really like the 90s Iron Man cartoon.

I'm getting the impression with all the new Marvel rides coming to Disney around the world that it may have been smart for Universal to cancel any planned expansions for MSHI until Disney starts construction on their projects for the sole reason that Universal would need to disclose their plans to Marvel for approval.

If Disney ever did get the rights the Stark Expo wouldn’t be such a bad fit in Epcot. It’d be more natural than GotG that’s for sure.
Yeah, I 100% agree with this. The Stark Expo would be a presentation of future technology and could actually show off some realistic things we expect to have as a society in the near future (self-driving cars, etc.). What realistic future technology does GotG show off? What lesson is gonna be learned about energy in this ride? Sure, Ellen's Energy Adventure was long and boring, but at least it taught people something. Not sure GotG will do the same.

I'm getting the impression with all the new Marvel rides coming to Disney around the world that it may have been smart for Universal to cancel any planned expansions for MSHI until Disney starts construction on their projects for the sole reason that Universal would need to disclose their plans to Marvel for approval.
Marvel and Disney are kept separate on the theme park side (it was part of the agreement for the merger). So Disney technically couldn't get Universal's plans from Marvel without violating terms of agreement (which would be messy, ugly and could conceivably cost Disney the right to build Marvel-themed attractions).

Marvel and Disney are kept separate on the theme park side (it was part of the agreement for the merger). So Disney technically couldn't get Universal's plans from Marvel without violating terms of agreement (which would be messy, ugly and could conceivably cost Disney the right to build Marvel-themed attractions).

On paper, sure. If Bob Iger decides to go for a walk one day and visit his old pals down at Marvel, just as they pop out for lunch and happen to leave Universal's plans on their table as he enters, what can you do?

On paper, sure. If Bob Iger decides to go for a walk one day and visit his old pals down at Marvel, just as they pop out for lunch and happen to leave Universal's plans on their table as he enters, what can you do?
Pretty sure that wouldn’t fly either if Disney all of a sudden announced a project that was extremely similar to one pitched by Universal to Marvel. They stand to lose way too much to consider trying ANYTHING.

Of course, simply KNOWING the plans and not acting in any way on that knowledge wouldn’t be a problem as long as it isn’t known by Universal that someone at Marvel blabbed or left papers on their desk.

Pretty sure that wouldn’t fly either if Disney all of a sudden announced a project that was extremely similar to one pitched by Universal to Marvel. They stand to lose way too much to consider trying ANYTHING.

Of course, simply KNOWING the plans and not acting in any way on that knowledge wouldn’t be a problem as long as it isn’t known by Universal that someone at Marvel blabbed or left papers on their desk.

It’s not really about copying the ride but maybe using the same characters could be enough to put the other off using it.

I think Universal taking a step back and watching the feedback roll in should give them a clearer path that they should take. For example, Disney makes their Avengers ride and people wish they had done this or that. Universal has feedback before construction even begins.

Reactions: Mike S
I would think the major issue for Universal, aside from the issues they've had with the ride they tried to develop, is that there are so many projects, and a new park too, that have jumped ahead of it on the schedule. I would doubt anything substantial coming to Marvel Islands for the next 5 years.

Reactions: maxairmike
I would think the major issue for Universal, aside from the issues they've had with the ride they tried to develop, is that there are so many projects, and a new park too, that have jumped ahead of it on the schedule. I would doubt anything substantial coming to Marvel Islands for the next 5 years.

I was going to mention this but you said it a lot better. The facts are that MSHI needs something major when it finally gets an addition and there’s far more going on just now.

Plus it’s not as needed with Disney doing their own thing and it will avoid any confusion.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
In hindsight I bet Uni’s wishing they just did Marvel instead of F&F.

A lot of Universal's money goes to Disney. Wonder who did the film for Fallon? ILM.

I was going to ask how it would all work if UNI has ILM do some work, didn’t they do the HE video stuff?