Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

So there goes Disney's plans of bringing GOTG into EPCOT.
The stores in Marvel Super Hero Island sell the same collectibles, comic books, and toys that you would find in any comic book shop outside of the parks. Most are even run by a third party. They do not offer any of the Disney Parks exclusive merchandise.

There's nothing wrong with selling Marvel merchandise in the Universal parks (heck, the shop near T2/Horror Make-Up exit sells Marvel and DC merchandise) and that doesn't mean that Universal has any rights to use the characters or movie version likenesses in attractions. They're just stores selling comic book stuff.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool that you can buy current issues of Marvel comics in the shops. And I bet they sell a lot of MCU merch in those shops as well.

And it is kinda funny that licensing fees and some profits for these sales are going into Disney's pockets. But I wouldn't read into anything based on what merchandise they sell in the parks.

Hey, while we're on the subject of Disney making profit from the Marvel merch sales, is it true that Disney Animation helped redesign the characters for the 2012 Spidey refurb? I read that somewhere in the same blurb as the profit thing.

I think they should just end the contract. Why? Because the sixth episode of the '90s Iron Man cartoon's second season, called "Iron Man, on the Inside," where Hawkeye has his spine severely injured in a fight and Iron Man has to shrink down and go inside him to insert a technological fix while simultaneously battling Ultimo who has been shrunk along with him, is very reminiscent of Body Wars, so it'd be perfect for basing an updated version of the attraction on. The ride film would be animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha, the Japanese studio who animated the Iron Man cartoon. Having the film be animated would ensure nothing would become outdated like the live-action film that originally played. In addition, the inside of Hawkeye would be animated realistically, with the latest research being given to the animators. For riders who miss the original Body Wars, Elisabeth Shue reprises her role as Dr. Cynthia Lair in animated form; Dr. Lair accompanies Iron Man inside Hawkeye. Continuing from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, there'd be multiple destinations and storylines riders could select or have pre-selected for them. Two of the pre-selected sequences would be based on the original cartoon episode the ride is based on and the original Body Wars film respectively. You could also design a custom body probe prior to boarding the simulator, the body probe design of choice would be shown in the ride film. We need this in EPCOT.

We need this in EPCOT.

giphy.gif