MSHI Expansion? | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds like the timeline for IOA might be:
DC replacement - 2019
JP enhancements - 2020?
Avengers/Iron Man E-ticket replacing Doom - 2021
Grinch E-ticket - 2021/2022

Could a nighttime show be added in the 2018-2020 period? It's been rumored for years now, but I'd like to think UC has been prepping ideas for the lagoon ready to implement in 2018, 2019 0r 2020.

Too bad the SLoP dark ride is likely going to bite the dust since HP, Avengers, JP and Grinch will likely get precedence due to their merchandise/guest spending potential.

Sounds like the timeline for IOA might be:
DC replacement - 2019
JP enhancements - 2020?
Avengers/Iron Man E-ticket replacing Doom - 2021
Grinch E-ticket - 2021/2022

JP, Avengers, and Grinch are in no way, shape or form definite, and definitely not in those timelines.

Remember, there's a whole other park to build, guys.

Do we think Marvel has a presence in the new park? Going to say no, but might allow them more space for an avengers ride.

I am now wondering if they are really trying to get the park ready by Late 2021/Mid 2022 at this point by you saying that.

Stupid question but are Universal in a crazy rush to build a new park?

It seems like there is a lot going on already. To keep it on topic, I can see MCU getting a little volatile in it's popularity and I can see Universal wanting to cash in it sooner rather than later even if what they build isn't related to MCU.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
It's been years that we keep seeing spectulation on a Marvel expansion and an Avengers ride. I honestly think the Hulk update was really Universals only plans for MSHI. I gotta see it to believe it that they are looking to add something else. Seems like they have a ton of other things on there plate.

And I don't know if this is the thread for it, but is another park a definite? Seeing posts that act like it's a certainty.

Reactions: UAN17
Stupid question but are Universal in a crazy rush to build a new park?

It seems like there is a lot going on already. To keep it on topic, I can see MCU getting a little volatile in it's popularity and I can see Universal wanting to cash in it sooner rather than later even if what they build isn't related to MCU.

Considering Comcast, and Commercially; it would make sense that they could theoretically be in a bit of a rush for a new park, as while USF and IOA are great parks, they are limited on space.

This should, theoretically; give them more space for the future projects and while focusing on USF, IOA and Volcano are Important; theres more gain down south, especially with it being right next to the con space.

As for the Marvel brand, I think if we see it as it is now, and rising more and more; it shouldn't be a problem. But, they would most likely not use the MCU iterations for a IOA expansion of the Marvel Brand, and focus more on the modern comics.

It's been years that we keep seeing spectulation on a Marvel expansion and an Avengers ride. I honestly think the Hulk update was really Universals only plans for MSHI. I gotta see it to believe it that they are looking to add something else. Seems like they have a ton of other things on there plate.

And I don't know if this is the thread for it, but is another park a definite? Seeing posts that act like it's a certainty.

Universal wouldn't purchase over 400 acres of land down south of the main property if it was for hotels.

I don't think they bought that much land in a prime spot to just build hotels.

The recent Iron Man patent that Universal filed, make it seem like something is coming.

Considering Comcast, and Commercially; it would make sense that they could theoretically be in a bit of a rush for a new park, as while USF and IOA are great parks, they are limited on space.

This should, theoretically; give them more space for the future projects and while focusing on USF, IOA and Volcano are Important; theres more gain down south, especially with it being right next to the con space.

As for the Marvel brand, I think if we see it as it is now, and rising more and more; it shouldn't be a problem. But, they would most likely not use the MCU iterations for a IOA expansion of the Marvel Brand, and focus more on the modern comics.

I think not going down the MCU route for Hulk is one of the smartest moves, Universal has made recently. While, I'm not a huge fan of the overhaul as a whole, I think it's a timeless design and I'd like to see that modern look extended to the rest of MSHI.

It's kind of funny saying that seeing as how Universal have created their brand on parks based on movies.

Plans and action are certainly different things, but they have plans, whether we see them or not is the question.

They didn't buy that land for their health.

Reactions: Mike S
Plans and action are certainly different things, but they have plans, whether we see them or not is the question.

They didn't buy that land for their health.

Wasn't aware they bought so much land. Only now getting back in the loop of things with my annual trip down coming up.

I've been dying for some kind of Iron Man ride for a long time now. Or any expansion for that matter. But as you said, plans and action are different things. I just see this always sitting on the back burner. Hope I'm wrong

The 3rd gate will arrive...eventually. I don't see any way it's open before 2025. I expect opening in 2028. I simply don't believe they'll even begin construction until several years after USB opening.