Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From JD over on Magic:

Pizzerizzo_zpsefkrasmk.jpg

"The Best PIZZA on the PLANET" :lol:

Nice! I really like the tie-in to the past.
Royal Flush almost as good as the Tangled Toilets LOL.
So, any idea what they are going to do with the other side of the courtyard that has the exposed steel from the SOA fronts?

Nice! I really like the tie-in to the past.
Royal Flush almost as good as the Tangled Toilets LOL.
So, any idea what they are going to do with the other side of the courtyard that has the exposed steel from the SOA fronts?
Supposedly as a part of the transition in/out of SWL, there will be a grand entrance to Muppets off to the side.

I though that would be back where the Plaza theatre area was (along with the character M&G area).
Since this side was already enclosed, I assumed they would put some type of themed front up or maybe setup a Muppets M&G location. (the area on the right of this photo)
dhs-muppet-vision-mike.jpg

I though that would be back where the Plaza theatre area was (along with the character M&G area).
Since this side was already enclosed, I assumed they would put some type of themed front up or maybe setup a Muppets M&G location. (the area on the right of this photo)
dhs-muppet-vision-mike.jpg
It's not enclosed anymore. The Streets of America and HISTK Playset are gone (except for the section of SOA directly across from Muppets.

Premiere theatre is where the show building will be for the Battle attraction.

I feel like Muppets Courtyard should get some sort of flat ride, maybe in the place of the current gift shop. It'd be a cheap, easy, and fitting way to add for more attractions to DHS, IMO.

Reactions: IzzyB
I feel like Muppets Courtyard should get some sort of flat ride, maybe in the place of the current gift shop. It'd be a cheap, easy, and fitting way to add for more attractions to DHS, IMO.

Another spinner. :bonk:
I won't ask for another spinner, but if you look at the aerial views, that gift shop is so poorly placed. It takes up so much room and really makes the rest of the are feel much more enclosed than it needs too. Something of worth could go there. Muppets M&G anyone? (with actual muppets, not the creepy ones)

Last edited:
I won't ask for another spinner, but if you look at the aerial views, that gift shop is so poorly placed. It takes up so much room and really makes the rest of the are feel much more enclosed than it needs too. Something of worth could go there. Muppets M&G anyone? (with actual muppets, not the creepy ones)

Can't they come up with some new concept flat ride that would fit into the Muppets? That would be my hope. Give this area more than just a show and places to eat.

Can't they come up with some new concept flat ride that would fit into the Muppets? That would be my hope. Give this area more than just a show and places to eat.
Well with the Muppets as the IP, they have a lot to work with. A custom build of not quite a flat ride, but something small, but interesting would be nice.

Think of the old school fantasyland dark rides. One of those could easily fit in the space of that huge store. And still allow room for a store.

Well with the Muppets as the IP, they have a lot to work with. A custom build of not quite a flat ride, but something small, but interesting would be nice.

Think of the old school fantasyland dark rides. One of those could easily fit in the space of that huge store. And still allow room for a store.
Wouldn't mind a Mr. Toad type ride with the Muppets, but whatevs

Reactions: Nick
Yeah, they could easily do a small flat and/or dark ride in that area themed to Muppet Labs or the Great Gonzo. The gift shop is too big; it makes the area feel claustrophobic and let's be honest, there's hardly enough Muppet merchandise to make up the entire store (I'm pretty sure half of it is Cars and P&F still). They could retheme the nearby Christmas shop to a mini-shop to sell all the Kermit plushes they want, then open up the area a bit more with a flat ride. Plus it'd draw more people into the area, especially to Mama Melroses/PizzaRizzo which are kind of hidden as of now.

Reactions: Nick
I feel like there's more opportunities for jokes on a lot of the signage but okay.

I think they have to be careful of the line. Restaurants typically avoid telling people they have rats in the kitchen. :lol:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.