Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The muppets live in the real world... an NYC Muppet pizza restaurant is what a regular NYC pizza parlor looks like. The parlor in Muppets take Manhattan is what this was modeled after.

When compared to the comprehensive ideas Imagineering has created over the decades for themed Muppets restaurants, including those in DHS, yes it is incredibly underwhelming, disappointing, and mundane.

When compared to the comprehensive ideas Imagineering has created over the decades for themed Muppets restaurants, including those in DHS, yes it is incredibly underwhelming, disappointing, and mundane.
I won't disagree with that, but it's also miles better than Pizza Planet in being lightly themed, but not garish like Pizza Planet was.

Where we should get a themed restaurant (where I'd be disappointed if it wasn't over the top Muppets) is with the upcoming conversion of Mama Melrose to a Swedish Chef restaurant.

Restaurants are primarily about the food - and Rizzo is still sorta gross in the pizza category.

If the food is really good no one cares what the actual restaurant looks like. Mind you, the ever-obnoxious Le Cellier is a buffeteria that traded its plastic chairs and long banquet-style tables for wooden chairs and some mood lighting...

If the food made itself the attraction we'd not be discussing how otherwise lame the eatery is.

Restaurants are primarily about the food - and Rizzo is still sorta gross in the pizza category.

If the food is really good no one cares what the actual restaurant looks like. Mind you, the ever-obnoxious Le Cellier is a buffeteria that traded its plastic chairs and long banquet-style tables for wooden chairs and some mood lighting...

If the food made itself the attraction we'd not be discussing how otherwise lame the eatery is.
I do find it odd that Disney came back with the same pizza, considering the resort as a whole has moved to flatbreads for most of their pizza offerings (and it's much better too if you have to have Disney pizza).

Agreed. I had the flatbreads in Pinocchio's in MK. They were actually pretty tasty.
Those pies in Pizza Planet were like the frozen Celeste style.

Yeah, but Disney added cannoli to the menu so... That probably counts as 'plussing' in Disney-speak.

I'm glad that this thread addresses the fact that the pizza from Pizza Planet was and remains total garbage. There are some reviews online of Pizza Planet and Pizza Planet 2.0 which says that the pizza quality is excellent - what the...?!

I finally had PizzeRizzo on Monday.

Quick thoughts:

1. Pizza still sucks.
2. The outside is great, inside is pretty lackluster.
3. Pizza still sucks

I'm wondering what the issue is with the pizza. My guess is the dough cannot be as soft and crisp if it's pre-made and frozen. I make pizza easily at home all the time. Blaze, PizzaFire, and Red Oven does quick service pizza, how hard can this be?

Also has anyone seen the popularity of this place? Jammed as much as when it was Pizza Planet?

You're a very brave man. A meritorious act sacrificing your best culinary interests for the good of OU. :)
I'm wondering what the issue is with the pizza. My guess is the dough cannot be as soft and crisp if it's pre-made and frozen. I make pizza easily at home all the time. Blaze, PizzaFire, and Red Oven does quick service pizza, how hard can this be?

Also has anyone seen the popularity of this place? Jammed as much as when it was Pizza Planet?

My pizza was the "Vegetarian" - which comes with peppers, onions, tomato, and mushrooms. My pizza only had 2 small mushrooms. The pizza was all crust, and that tomato sauce tasted reallllllllllly salty. Besides the awful taste of the pizza, I felt the value was terrible too. About $15 for the pizza, salad in a cup, and a soda......

For $16 at Louie's at Universal - which I feel is the best "quick service" pizza at the parks - at least gives you more salad and a breadstick.

For $16 at Louie's at Universal - which I feel is the best "quick service" pizza at the parks

I'll save my berating because you emphasized "quick service", but I get really upset when people say anything other than Red Oven is the best pizza. I actually get personally offended. It's my second favorite pizza in the whole world.

I'll save my berating because you emphasized "quick service", but I get really upset when people say anything other than Red Oven is the best pizza. I actually get personally offended. It's my second favorite pizza in the whole world.
Don't forget Sal's at Portofino. It's as good as the pizza in Pittsburgh's many Italian neighborhoods. We eat at Sal's a couple of times every vacation. :)

Red Oven is intensely boring. The pizza inside the park is vastly better.
12f4000b21e113a2323ebf9e0ef47bda21fbf090_hq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.