NBC's Today Show Appearance/Complimentary Tickets | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC's Today Show Appearance/Complimentary Tickets

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It wasn't much. It showed early morning prep work including clearing paths, trimming trees, and washing sidewalks. They then showed the Uni kitchens preparing the mass quantity of food for the resort. Next was the daily test runs for getting Hulk ready for guests. Then a tease of the interior of Universal Creative with Mark Woodbury explaining a computer model of the ride path in Transformers, and only some views of already released Transformers art and Potter Phase 1 models. Finally, Michael Aiello discussed the Superstar Parade.

Mine says 10:06 and al some lady and some dude are sitting in front of the archs doing their stories with all the characters and some crowd behind them. They said they will be heading inside the parks in a little bit

The globe rotates 75 times each hour btw. the more you know...

Mine says 10:06 and al some lady and some dude are sitting in front of the archs doing their stories with all the characters and some crowd behind them. They said they will be heading inside the parks in a little bit

The globe rotates 75 times each hour btw. the more you know...

Are you in a different time zone? I've been watching and the whole Uni bit already ended.

Edit: Nevermind, Teebs explained.

Yeah at 9 wesh had live with kelly on. but the time is correct right now. i guess nbc just re airs the video with live supers below?

so you guys already say the dudes jumping on stilts and the the dude spinning around on a piece of wood?

Last edited:
Yeah. It was a whole lot of nothing, with the exception of the behind the scenes segment. Dumb trivia questions, Al interacting poorly with Optimus and Lucy, a whole segment devoted to the Street Breaks performers, a segment showing other Orlando area attractions, a segment about the business aspect and history of the theme park industry including the invention of the Ferris Wheel and Coney Island, a short performance by the Blues Brothers, and a vacation handy product highlight.

And as Teebs said, it ended with the anchors that were in the park driving away down Hollywood Blvd.

In the end, there was a good bit of just promoting the parks themselves, without announcing anything or showing the latest progress.

During the first two hours they had a good number of live 2-3 minute segments, mostly with Roper, outside the park gates. One was an interview with Optimus. The last hour was primarily in the park live with a couple of pre-recorded segments. Best scene was Roper singing & dancing with the Blues Brothers.

If no one else uploads it by the end of the day, I'll post the crappy clips I shot by holding a camera in front of the TV.

^They also posted the history segment.....

http://www.today.com/video/today/51977247#51977247

Thanks for the links!!

So... no announcing or showing Springfield, no feature for Transformers, not even a mention of HP 2.0?! What the heck...

After yesterday's tweet from @UniversalORL: "We’ve got some exciting news to share tomorrow. D’oh!" I really thought it would be on Today...

481618_312433982223558_1439221391_n.jpg

I found it very interesting that there was clearly a B&M Hyper Coaster train model in the Universal Creative room with all the Transformers, Cabana Bay & Potter stuff.

Is it something or is it nothing?