New Forums | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else having issues with the forums on Chrome? For me the text box for writing posts isn't there, so the only way I can post is by going on IE or Firefox... :(

I'm not having trouble on OU with Chrome. But I haven't been able to pull up Touring Plans on Chrome for 2 days. Maybe there's a Chrome issue going on.

I think there was an update or something to chrome a few weeks ago that has made several sites behave oddly. I know some of my web portals for work haven't been behaving and there is no way anything changed to those within the past year.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You mean that wasn't legitimate theme park discussion?
What? So I just invested in a Mandarin to English dictionary for nothing? Then, maybe it was Cantonese ... and here I was hoping this was a secret code that would tell me all about Uni's third gate, courtesy of a Chinese hacker :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
What? So I just invested in a Mandarin to English dictionary for nothing? Then, maybe it was Cantonese ... and here I was hoping this was a secret code that would tell me all about Uni's third gate, courtesy of a Chinese hacker :)

Google translate said it was all something about doing quick Uni courses in the UK!

Reactions: anihilnation
I've been getting a Forbidden error notice when attempting to access the site from Firefox and Explorer.

The issue is with our service provider. Their data center went down completely. Currently speaking with them to see how to resolve issue on our end. Will give full update when I have all the info. Please refer to Twitter/Facebook for more info as I am unsure if the site will be stable in the next hour or so.

Working good now. Heh, no one had anything all that important to say that they can't repeat again. :lol: As always, thanks for everything you do that keeps this most excellent of Universal sites going strong. :thumbsup:

Reactions: IzzyB and Brian G.
Update: Forums may run a bit slow but everything is back.

Unfortunately, all posts made after midnight today were lost. Better than the alternative of everything gone though.
Server crash? Makes you wonder, how much faith should one have in cloud storage. Anyway, glad everything is running again. To quote from a formal logic professor I had: technology stands for nothing ( he always said this when technology crashed, which in philosophy land usually is just batteries in the microphone needing replacement lol)

Quick question and i dont know i its been asked/answered in other post previous but are the OU avatars gone? i cant find them i only get an option for custom 200 x 200 option