New Jurassic World film (2025) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Jurassic World film (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Offered" & "in talks" are pretty much the same thing. Nothing to see here. *sigh* Come on Universal, throw us a fossil or two.

Let's have a serious update if this is expected to come out next year.

It has dinos. It'll make money regardless. It just has to make back its budget, but also more money than the whatever previous film made the least. But yea, dinosaurs..

Per Belloni @ Puck, Lawrence ultimately passed. ScarJo seems to indeed be the frontrunner at this point.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Was kinda surprised they were going for a big star for this (like Wesker said, the dinos are the star), but thinking about it, it's not really that different from casting Chris Pratt in World after his big Guardians/Lego Movie year. Makes sense that they want to ease audiences into a new cast by casting someone they already know and love.

If Lawrence gets on board...this to me seem like an easy Billion Dollar Film
Unfortunately, it seems like she passed over the project.
I'd argue the original trilogy in general handled it fine. The ONLY issue with Lost World's Kelly was the ridiculous Raptor Gymnastics scene. JP3's Eric was fine, but he didn't come across as being 12yrs old like it's stated in the synopsis.

I'd also argue that the kids being in the films aren't marketed to bring in families because outside of JW, they weren't really a focal point in the trailers. Families & kids are brought in because dinosaurs, not because kids play a role.

Maisie doesn't count as a kid. She was a stupid clone that ruined JW3.. and should've been eaten in JW2
It's just that kids being part of the main protagonists is overused in the film series and it's tiring and also because they're the reason the plots in the movies are lacking. Doing away with them will likely improve the plot at the very least and don't complicate things.

It's just that kids being part of the main protagonists is overused in the film series and it's tiring and also because they're the reason the plots in the movies are lacking.
I think the issue, like many things with the Jurassic Park series, is that Steven Spielberg is extremely good at working kids into his films. Subsequent directors and writers have attempted to duplicate the Spielberg experience in many ways but are, as the kids say, not necessarily talented enough to make it work.

(The Lost World is also quite bad, IMO, so it's not like Spielberg is immune from this)

"Scarlett Johansson in Talks to Lead New ‘Jurassic World’ Movie ... The feature is on the fast track as it heads to July 2, 2025."

I love the franchise but skipped the last two as they looked forced to me , still baffled by this news but excited that ScarJo is in it

"Scarlett Johansson in Talks to Lead New ‘Jurassic World’ Movie ... The feature is on the fast track as it heads to July 2, 2025."

I love the franchise but skipped the last two as they looked forced to me , still baffled by this news but excited that ScarJo is in it
Same, I haven't watched a movie since Jurassic World.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I love the franchise but skipped the last two as they looked forced to me
Same, I haven't watched a movie since Jurassic World.
At least watch "Fallen Kingdom"... that was a sci-fi big-budget monster b-movie with dinosaurs. It knew what it was & went full steam ahead lol.. honestly, I think I might like it slightly more than JW1. Of course, I'm also obsessed with the IndoRaptor for being such a great "b-movie monster".

But "Dominion", yea nope. I can't even defend that one lol.. I watched it twice. *sigh* just thinking about that movie gets me worked up.

The entire JW trilogy is garbage. 1 has nostalgia bait, 2 has sci-fi edge. 3 just needs to be burned in the fires of an active volcano.

Reactions: Nico and Ahmanet
At least watch "Fallen Kingdom"... that was a sci-fi big-budget monster b-movie with dinosaurs. It knew what it was & went full steam ahead lol.. honestly, I think I might like it slightly more than JW1. Of course, I'm also obsessed with the IndoRaptor for being such a great "b-movie monster".

But "Dominion", yea nope. I can't even defend that one lol.. I watched it twice. *sigh* just thinking about that movie gets me worked up.

The entire JW trilogy is garbage. 1 has nostalgia bait, 2 has sci-fi edge. 3 just needs to be burned in the fires of an active volcano.
Haha yeah, I haven't seen FK since theatres but I remember being really let down with it. What a weird film. It feels like what would've happened if George Lucas was allowed to make that "Indiana Jones in a Haunted House" movie. Weird haunted mansion-type setting, they introduce another Hammond for no reason, the giant bunker full of Captain Planet villains betting on the militarized Dinosaur. Real dumb and real bad. Maybe I should return to it knowing what it is.

Never saw Dominion, if this stays a 2025 release I'm definitely not seeing this.