New Project for Dinoland? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all seem optimistic we’ll be getting any kind of new ride announcement from Disney, within the next 3-5 years. I’d be very surprised!

Overlays maybe. I’m just pleased there’s things in the pipeline that have been announced, and things I’ve yet to experience.

You all seem optimistic we’ll be getting any kind of new ride announcement from Disney, within the next 3-5 years. I’d be very surprised!

Overlays maybe. I’m just pleased there’s things in the pipeline that have been announced, and things I’ve yet to experience.

I just want the coaster gone ASAP. It’s one thing for a smaller amusement park to have a coaster collecting dust, but this is Disney we’re talking about. It’s different when they announced Stitch’s Great Escape never returning, because that’s easily hidden. But I t’s just plain embarrassing to have a visible ride out in the open like this that will never function again.

I just want the coaster gone ASAP. It’s one thing for a smaller amusement park to have a coaster collecting dust, but this is Disney we’re talking about. It’s different when they announced Stitch’s Great Escape never returning, because that’s easily hidden. But I t’s just plain embarrassing to have a visible ride out in the open like this that will never function again.

It‘s a poor ride but I think it’s embarrassing they’ve shut it (as well as built it!) in the first place.

Maybe they now feel AK has enough rides? Still less than double figures, 20 years after opening....

Reactions: SpyderDan
Maybe they now feel AK has enough rides? Still less than double figures, 20 years after opening....
If you wait no more than 15 minutes for anything, you can get on a lot more than before - and the stuff you actually want to do. And there’s a finite number of things you need to do before you feel like you had a good day - hence the record satisfaction at Universal.

It’s kind of counterintuitive - you’d think that being able to get to more in a day means you would actually want to do different things - but reality is that people opt for a second ride on FoP or Everest or Hagrids before a first ride on something like Primeval Whirl or Stormforce. Those rides exist (well, not PW anymore) to give people short-wait things to do on days when the popular things have long waits.

Reactions: UAN17
If you wait no more than 15 minutes for anything, you can get on a lot more than before - and the stuff you actually want to do. And there’s a finite number of things you need to do before you feel like you had a good day - hence the record satisfaction at Universal.

It’s kind of counterintuitive - you’d think that being able to get to more in a day means you would actually want to do different things - but reality is that people opt for a second ride on FoP or Everest or Hagrids before a first ride on something like Primeval Whirl or Stormforce. Those rides exist (well, not PW anymore) to give people short-wait things to do on days when the popular things have long waits.

That’s a fair point. I still feel they’re several rides (a mixture of E’s and more) from being where they should be at this stage in the parks development. But I kind of feel like that for the majority of Disney parkS, including Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is the only park where I think fair play, they’ve nailed it.

To Universals credit, I feel Islands is a well rounded park and they’ve made nice additions since opening. Still opportunities, but it’s in good shape.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hey Disney, here's an idea for an IP that can actually fit into Animal Kingdom: Gravity Falls. You can even pay homage to Dinoland's Roadside Attraction feel with the Mystery Shack.
With all due respect, though i have an insane love for Gravity Falls (and disney tv animation as a whole- an owl house ride is a pipe dream for me), this makes no thematic sense. I mean, the only animal i can remember from the show is Mabel’s pig...

Reactions: GA-MBIT
With all due respect, though i have an insane love for Gravity Falls (and disney tv animation as a whole- an owl house ride is a pipe dream for me), this makes no thematic sense. I mean, the only animal i can remember from the show is Mabel’s pig...

Most of the monsters (like Bigfoot, the Lock Ness Monster parody, etc) technically qualify as animals.

Most of the monsters (like Bigfoot, the Lock Ness Monster parody, etc) technically qualify as animals.
It fits about as well as Avatar to be fair, but if I recall the only permanant attraction ever to be made off of a Disney Channel IP is the Disney Junior show at DHS.

I also love Gravity Falls/Owl House to death but it's not a property I think Disney is dying to capitalize on.

It fits about as well as Avatar to be fair, but if I recall the only permanant attraction ever to be made off of a Disney Channel IP is the Disney Junior show at DHS.

I also love Gravity Falls/Owl House to death but it's not a property I think Disney is dying to capitalize on.
I mean, i guess you can count Kim Possible/P&F/Ducktales too at epcot, but especially with the creator of Gravity Falls not having the best relationship with disney, plus the fact that they don’t seem to interested in even a ride based on a disney show or dcom, i couldn’t see a land based on it at all

Edit: Plus if they really wanted to do a layover from a tv show IP, which once again i doubt (especially seeing disney channels declining popularity in recent years), it’d almost HAVE to be Amphibia.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure where to post this but--

From the rumor mills of Jim Hill and Len Testa--Zootopia at Disney's Animal Kingdom is still a go; but because of the freeze, the project isn't expected until the mid to late 2020's (not before 2025).

From the rumor mills of Jim Hill and Len Testa--Zootopia at Disney's Animal Kingdom is still a go; but because of the freeze, the project isn't expected until the mid to late 2020's (not before 2025).

Good. Was just there yesterday. DinoLand USA/Chester & Hester’s Dino-Rama is the worst themed area in WDW and happens to be in the best theme park. It completely undermines an otherwise outstanding park.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Compass Mineral Salt Mine
GODERICH, ONTARIO
245 Regent St, Goderich, ON N7A 3Y5, Canada

For all of your grain/fist/truck-full of salt needs

• Haha
Reactions: SpyderDan
Really hate the idea of Zootopia in DAK. Somehow a worse fit than Avatar.

Good thing is I seriously don't buy it happening.
I mean, they're already building an e-ticket/land in Shanghai. I think if that is received well, we'll probably see it come to DAK, unfortunately. At least it's likely to be tucked away in the pack back where Rafiki's is.

I mean, they're already building an e-ticket/land in Shanghai. I think if that is received well, we'll probably see it come to DAK, unfortunately. At least it's likely to be tucked away in the pack back where Rafiki's is.
Maybe. Maybe not. How relevant will Zootopia be in 2025+? I feel like not very

Maybe. Maybe not. How relevant will Zootopia be in 2025+? I feel like not very
Again, it's the IP that matters for relevancy. It's how good the ride is and how good does the IP fit the ride. Zootopia being in the park would in fact make Zootopia more relevant.

Reactions: SkiBum
Status
Not open for further replies.