New Project for Dinoland? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just to clarify, I'm completely okay with the idea of Dinorama going away in favor of something else, but I think the rest of Dinoland should remain (or be expanded in a better way into the Dinorama plot).
Myself, I actually like the Dinosaur ride....But, if I had my druthers, I'd rather have it rethemed to it's much better cousin Indiana Jones. The land, outside of that attraction, is pretty weak....and not very pretty.

Reactions: SpyderDan and tielo
Yeah, I don't like Indy for Animal Kingdom, either.

Sure, you could bend over backwards to shoehorn-in some kind of animal connection for the backstory of the ride, or the MacGuffin that Indy's searching for, but it would be transparently trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

An Indiana Jones ride -- which I want in Orlando in some form! -- belongs in either Hollywood Studios or Adventureland in Magic Kingdom.

Other than probably some people on this forum, I can't imagine that the concrete wasteland known as Chester & Hester's Dinorama would be missed. With Primeval Whirl gone, the whole area is ripe for replacement.. maybe the spinner could go somewhere else in Dinoland?
If they removed the alligator exhibit in front of Restaurantosaurus that no one even realizes is there that would be a perfect spot... right in front of the play area entrance and all.

Reactions: Grabnar and UNIrd
If they removed the alligator exhibit in front of Restaurantosaurus that no one even realizes is there that would be a perfect spot... right in front of the play area entrance and all.
I can get behind shrinking Dinoland and the Dino-Rama section becoming South America or Australia. As a matter of fact, if it became Australia, Nemo actually makes *slightly* more thematic sense

Last edited:
Indiana Jones makes 0 sense for DAK.

giphy-downsized.gif

Unfortunately, that exhibit space would be a bit too small for the spinner (fitting the spinner itself, but not much else), but the old FP distribution area for Dinosaur might do the trick.

Somewhat unfortunately, it's guaranteed to be replaced by an IP. Indy is the easiest fit by far. Ice Age or Planet of the Apes could also work though.
Unfortunately I think I’ve Age is probably going to be a very serious proposal. If it had to be between those two IPs though, I mean give me Planet of the Apes all day.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Unfortunately, that exhibit space would be a bit too small for the spinner (fitting the spinner itself, but not much else), but the old FP distribution area for Dinosaur might do the trick.
Moving it next to Dinosaur would also likely help Dinosaur’s popularity a bit; I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met who didn’t even know it was back there.

Just give the spinner a rustic makeover and it can serve as one of “those quaint exhibits in the old wing”.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I never considered Ice Age, but it’s an interesting prospect. It IS the third highest grossing animated franchise of all time, for what that’s worth (only beat by Shrek and Despicable Me/Minions)

I'm under the impression that Disney has never had any serious desire to integrate Blue Sky IP into their parks (and to a lesser extent Fox IP), and (not sure on this one) there is a chance that Blue Sky's theme park right might already belong to someone else.

Regardless, Blue Sky Animation is considered "second rate" internally, and I doubt they'd want to revisit that.

I never considered Ice Age, but it’s an interesting prospect. It IS the third highest grossing animated franchise of all time, for what that’s worth (only beat by Shrek and Despicable Me/Minions)
There’s an Ice Age show ordered for Disney+, too.

I'm under the impression that Disney has never had any serious desire to integrate Blue Sky IP into their parks (and to a lesser extent Fox IP), and (not sure on this one) there is a chance that Blue Sky's theme park right might already belong to someone else.

Regardless, Blue Sky Animation is considered "second rate" internally, and I doubt they'd want to revisit that.
It’s considered second rate by most people. But Ice Age does fit the extinct animal box if they wanted to do a section completely around different extinct animals.

There’s an Ice Age show ordered for Disney+, too.

It’s considered second rate by most people. But Ice Age does fit the extinct animal box if they wanted to do a section completely around different extinct animals.
I meeean...the movies are fine

An Ice Age land would be interesting

I would love for them to do it completely indoors so they can keep it cold

Also, here's a crazy idea...bring Indy to Epcot

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Status
Not open for further replies.