New Project for Dinoland? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tbh, I kinda hope that they would just bring the E-ticket if it's good and leave the rest of the crap.
I guess? It's frustrating because in that scenario, plopping a random ride down is the opposite of what DAK does well, and that's lands that do a good job transporting you and being fully fleshed out. Then again, Zootopia is so divorced from what DAK's concept is that spending the least and giving it little space is better than bastardizing the park even more

I guess? It's frustrating because in that scenario, plopping a random ride down is the opposite of what DAK does well, and that's lands that do a good job transporting you and being fully fleshed out. Then again, Zootopia is so divorced from what DAK's concept is that spending the least and giving it little space is better than bastardizing the park even more
I mean, I don't want Zootopia in DAK either, but I see the writing on the wall and am just beginning to accept that it might happen so I'm not disappointed when it does.

Ratatouille and Tron aren't really relevant IP's right now, but here we are.
And Ratatouillie got a whole mini-land.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ratatouille and Tron aren't really relevant IP's right now, but here we are.
I mean I don't think either of them should have been built either. But at least TRON is a coaster, which are always popular.

And Ratatouillie got a whole mini-land.
Did it? Isn't it just a courtyard leading into the ride? Legit asking, I haven't followed that project at all.

I mean I don't think either of them should have been built either. But at least TRON is a coaster, which are always popular.

Did it? Isn't it just a courtyard leading into the ride? Legit asking, I haven't followed that project at all.
There's a QS/TS combo back there as well.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Y'all didn't have this exact thought the minute Joe's retirement was announced too? Just me?

Today it made me think this but not then, makes this all more sad and makes me sad about AK. Pandora felt fine, but Zootopia would be too much and would feel just so beyond distinctly different from the other rides and the rest of the park.

I mean hell, build it in F’ing Epcot!!! Idc!!! This is a bad move. I know the “integrity” of the parks don’t matter as much as us fans try to think it does but this decision to put animated animals in a Park that has legit real life animals you can get close to, is odd. Odd choice.

Reactions: Grabnar
I love Zootopia and look forward to any presence it has in the parks, but Animal Kingdom feels like a really forced fit.

Reactions: Grabnar
It's happening, but with Disney's glacial construction timeline it won't happen until closer to the end of the 2020's.

Honestly this shouldn't surprise anyone with Chapek at the helm. More IPs=more merch sales-- that's all that matters. Also, they need to add SOMETHING to counter Epic Universe at some point. A whole new theme park is a big challenge to their dominance, especially when every year Universal keeps gaining a bigger market share. Disney has always countered new competition with big E-tickets and cloning one is cheap by Disney standards and relatively easy.

Today it made me think this but not then, makes this all more sad and makes me sad about AK. Pandora felt fine, but Zootopia would be too much and would feel just so beyond distinctly different from the other rides and the rest of the park.

I mean hell, build it in F’ing Epcot!!! Idc!!! This is a bad move. I know the “integrity” of the parks don’t matter as much as us fans try to think it does but this decision to put animated animals in a Park that has legit real life animals you can get close to, is odd. Odd choice.

There's already plenty of animated animals represented in the park. I mean the parks icon features a show based on bug's life. I get the reasons people don't want it in the park, but idk that's a fair one.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
There's already plenty of animated animals represented in the park. I mean the parks icon features a show based on bug's life. I get the reasons people don't want it in the park, but idk that's a fair one.
I guess that’s fair but I’d then argue, do we need to add more??

I think literally every other WDW park could benefit from this where I believe there are just better ideas out there for AK.

I just don't get the need for Disney to "reach" for ZOOTOPIA, when there are perfectly logical and far more natural fits for Animal Kingdom in JUNGLE BOOK and (an expanded presence for) THE LION KING.

It's baffling, bizarre, and really frustrating.

I just don't get the need for Disney to "reach" for ZOOTOPIA, when there are perfectly logical and far more natural fits for Animal Kingdom in JUNGLE BOOK and (an expanded presence for) THE LION KING.

Easy: Zootopia has a land under construction in Shanghai and Disney can save time on design/construction by cloning it.

The first year of Animal Kingdom they had a Jungle Book show, man that was bad. Thankfully it got replaced by Tarzan Rocks.
For the replacement...what about dinosaurs as a theme. They can clone their Spider-man ride and change the movie into dinosaurs. It's cheap so Bob will love it. Also the wooden coaster from the original concept art could be added.

Wasn't sure where to post this but--

From the rumor mills of Jim Hill and Len Testa--Zootopia at Disney's Animal Kingdom is still a go; but because of the freeze, the project isn't expected until the mid to late 2020's (not before 2025).
OMG lol

I hope they put this into Dinoland AND Rifiki's Planet Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.