Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you know, it was Mr. Rohde that was the most against it, not so much us:

I can have a very easy time believing that his resistance to this project (if the rumor is true) is what got him "fired." It's a real shame if that's what happened. Kick the one guy who actually cares to the curb...

Just look at that Zootopia concept art, and compare it to the rest of AK. Good or not (it looks great tbh), it sticks out like a sore thumb. Only way imo this works in AK is if there is indeed a train to Zootopia to start off the experience and transport us there, if not then this is a waste of space in AK where other parks could use it.

Sequestering it away up in the Rafiki's Planet Watch area would be the least offensive-to-theme place for it to go, certainly, as no other lands would directly flow into or out of it.

But on that subject, did this new Zootopia rumor specify that it would be taking over Dinoland? Because that would be adding insult to injury. Dinosaurs need to remain represented in the park in a significant way, in my view.

I can have a very easy time believing that his resistance to this project (if the rumor is true) is what got him "fired." It's a real shame if that's what happened. Kick the one guy who actually cares to the curb...

Sequestering it away up in the Rafiki's Planet Watch area would be the least offensive-to-theme place for it to go, certainly, as no other lands would directly flow into or out of it.

But on that subject, did this new Zootopia rumor specify that it would be taking over Dinoland? Because that would be adding insult to injury. Dinosaurs need to remain represented in the park in a significant way, in my view.
Yeah I beleive that’s the rumor which is why I’ve taken issue with it haha. If they said (or end up saying) it’s taking over Rafiki’s w/a train, sure, kinda makes sense. In Dino land? Just weird and forced. Again the park has no flow, one E ticket with no flats nearby and just Nemo is not gonna help the crowds.

Tbh I hate Dinoland so yes, obvious upgrade. Doesn’t mean it’s the best place for it though.

Ive always heard it would take over the undeveloped land above Asia, but maybe they're saving that for a possible Jungle Book ride someday?

Just look at that Zootopia concept art, and compare it to the rest of AK. Good or not (it looks great tbh), it sticks out like a sore thumb. Only way imo this works in AK is if there is indeed a train to Zootopia to start off the experience and transport us there, if not then this is a waste of space in AK where other parks could use it.

I'm all for lands having a connected theme in a park but that ship has long since sailed. As long as it looks good and doesn't interfere with the other lands, I don't care.

I'm all for lands having a connected theme in a park but that ship has long since sailed. As long as it looks good and doesn't interfere with the other lands, I don't care.
It’s not even about integrity or anything this is a park all about nature and we’re bringing in a city. Like to me, truly doesn’t fit. I never get bent out of shape over these things but to me it’s just so strange lol.

It’s not even about integrity or anything this is a park all about nature and we’re bringing in a city. Like to me, truly doesn’t fit. I never get bent out of shape over these things but to me it’s just so strange lol.
Harambe is a port town and DinoLand is a roadside attraction... they aint all just nature

But hiding a train ride away and not visible from other lands was always my pick for the ideal solution for sure.

Outside of forums, 99% of people will see Zootopia and think it fits Animal Kingdom.

Galaxy's Edge makes no sense in DHS. A park about movie production featuring an IP that predominantly uses CGI. Same with TSL.

42c.png

Harambe is a port town and DinoLand is a roadside attraction... they aint all just nature

But hiding a train ride away and not visible from other lands was always my pick for the ideal solution for sure.
Yeah but it’s like comparing Tokyo to Harambe lol, yes you’re correct but the aesthetics it’s still drastically different imo. I’ll enjoy it but I feel the Disney parks make zero sense anymore. I guess they just don’t need to though.
Outside of forums, 99% of people will see Zootopia and think it fits Animal Kingdom.

Galaxy's Edge makes no sense in DHS. A park about movie production featuring an IP that predominantly uses CGI. Same with TSL.

42c.png
Don’t disagree here either, but it’s one thing to put CGI Animal City into a park predominantly focused on real nature and animals. It’s not that I won’t enjoy it necessarily not my point, the park just doesn’t have like any flow to it feels. Other parks where I may have gripes regarding where things are placed is one thing but the “flow” has not been drastically affected. This just feels so separate from anything else at AK.

Like if anytbing they made Pandora sorta fit and focus on its lovely environment and this is just not gonna he the same. Again, looks great, seems perfect for DHS or DCA.

I just don’t understand why they keep shoving concepts for rides that DHS could use (Guardians, Zootopia) into other parks, especially Animal Kingdom, which by all accounts seems to be in the best shape of the Florida Disney parks.

I just don’t understand why they keep shoving concepts for rides that DHS could use (Guardians, Zootopia) into other parks, especially Animal Kingdom, which by all accounts seems to be in the best shape of the Florida Disney parks.
Part of it might come down to overall ride balance. Does this park have enough for smaller kids to do, does this park have too many screen rides, etc. Orrrrr... it's just Animal Kingdom's turn after EPCOT and they win the random you-get-Zootopia lottery. :shrug:

Part of it might come down to overall ride balance. Does this park have enough for smaller kids to do, does this park have too many screen rides, etc. Orrrrr... it's just Animal Kingdom's turn after EPCOT and they win the random you-get-Zootopia lottery. :shrug:
The last part seems to be how Disney is operating these days. “You get a land! You get a land! ALL 4 WDW PARKS GET A LAND!!!” Feels Oprah giveaways like

The idea of a Zootopia land makes me so disillusioned with WDI... Largely inconsequential in the scheme of things, but it’s just massively disappointing to hear the rumor. I strongly hope it doesn’t come to DAK.
I don't necessarily know if it would be a WDI thing or something forced upon them if Zootopia came to DAK. We know how much Chapek loves synergy.

Ive always heard it would take over the undeveloped land above Asia, but maybe they're saving that for a possible Jungle Book ride someday?
If they ever do a JB ride, I'd want it to be something like Mystic Manor (and base it on the live action version). I think Mystic Manor is the perfect type of ride for the Jungle Book IP, although with a few tweaks, they could just port Mystic Manor itself and it would fit pretty well.

Don’t disagree here either, but it’s one thing to put CGI Animal City into a park predominantly focused on real nature and animals. It’s not that I won’t enjoy it necessarily not my point, the park just doesn’t have like any flow to it feels. Other parks where I may have gripes regarding where things are placed is one thing but the “flow” has not been drastically affected. This just feels so separate from anything else at AK.

Like if anytbing they made Pandora sorta fit and focus on its lovely environment and this is just not gonna he the same. Again, looks great, seems perfect for DHS or DCA.

It's kinda the same.

It's kinda the same.
What do you mean exactly? As in stuffing in the IP? Yes, of course.

But, if you look at the concept art for Zootopia vs Pandora I feel one clearly looks like it could be in Animal Kingdom and the other one doesn't, is my main point here so for me it'd just be weird but I'll have to wait and see. I do love Zootopia so I'm here for this but its an odd decision.

What do you mean exactly? As in stuffing in the IP? Yes, of course.

But, if you look at the concept art for Zootopia vs Pandora I feel one clearly looks like it could be in Animal Kingdom and the other one doesn't, is my main point here so for me it'd just be weird but I'll have to wait and see. I do love Zootopia so I'm here for this but its an odd decision.

If you look at the areas I made bold in your quote.

They're both CGI, they're both artificial. Avatar is a fake place with fake animals pretending to exist in the real world. Zootopia is real animals pretending to exist in a fake world.

If you look at the areas I made bold in your quote.

They're both CGI, they're both artificial. Avatar is a fake place with fake animals pretending to exist in the real world. Zootopia is real animals pretending to exist in a fake world.
No I get that, my point is not that.

Avatar as a land itself, with the mountains and waterfalls and plants fits into AK better aesthetically than ZooTokyo, bringing a vibrant big more modern city changes the feeling of the park big time imo.

Joe Rhode’s big issue always stood with putting anthropomorphic animals into the park and giving them a ride, as Alicia highlighted.

Joe hated animals that wore pants because it meant they weren’t “real” animals. They were drawn up. And while I believe Pandora does fit with DAK’s message of conservation (Zootopia can’t even say it has a tie like that), Joe Rhode had no say on Pandora coming to the park as Iger basically made that decision by himself.

Joe Rhode’s big issue always stood with putting anthropomorphic animals into the park and giving them a ride, as Alicia highlighted.

Joe hated animals that wore pants because it meant they weren’t “real” animals. They were drawn up. And while I believe Pandora does fit with DAK’s message of conservation (Zootopia can’t even say it has a tie like that), Joe Rhode had no say on Pandora coming to the park as Iger basically made that decision by himself.
Right, executives decide Pandora goes in DAK. Joe decides to focus the story of the land on the animals, and not the Navi—which are analogues for people.

Say what you will about Pandora in DAK, but FoP does at least teach people about keystone species, and how learning about them teaches us about the collapse of an ecosystem. (It helps that the ride is good too though.) River Journey's message is a bit more subtle, but especially at the end of the ride, you may notice vines connecting every living thing all around you with energy pulsing through it. We are all connected.

The Avatar film does feature messages about conservation of natural habitats, (although they are among many other themes). Zootopia may contain boroughs that mimic biomes for different types of mammals, but everything about them is man-made... Or rather, anthropomorphized animal-made.

I’m under the impression that putting Zootopia in DAK has not gotten far in the development process ever.

Not even going into the way that the movie is about social issues, while the park is about environmental/natural issues, there was always a pretty big perceived aesthetic clash. A big point of the park is that architecture is subservient to nature, whereas zootopia is just a ton of architecture.

Beyond that, I’ve never been under the impression that the furthest along Zootopia proposal targeted Dinoland, while only tangentially targeting Planet Watch.

But, at the end of the day, I’m under the impression that the film’s presence in Play has been deemed “enough”.

Status
Not open for further replies.