New Project for Dinoland? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get Zootopia because it's animals, but why Moana?
They seemed to struggle to answer that very question during the panel.
Moana actually fits the park better than Zootopia imo, although a lot of that is because of how poorly Zootopia fits. At the very least, Moana has a relationship with nature and with the water that I can buy very loosely fitting into the DAK theme, much in the way I feel Pandora fits the park. It's about man's relationship with nature and Moana is sort of similar.

Zootopia is automatically eliminated in my eyes because we're not talking about real animals. We're talking about anthropomorphic animals that are stand-ins for humans. Talking animals wearing pants (a big difference from something like It's Tough To Be A Bug) have no place in DAK.

I'm guessing this is the rough area indicated by the concept art. I'm assuming that Moana takes over the Primeval Whirl area with Triceratops Spin moving to the Boneyard and Zootopia in the back replacing Dinosaur.

disney-parks-panel-1-14-1536x1024.jpg

View attachment 17300
I think you went bigger than Disney...the existing spinner is in the artwork. Looks like it's just the Triceratops Spin and the former Primeval Whirl locations in that artwork

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's all just Blue Sky atm which Josh clearly stated at the beginning of the segment, though Blog Disney and ITM are claiming that Zootopia and Moana are def coming to the park, sigh
It looked to me more like a sounding board to see what the audience reaction to be to their ideas point in case the Villains land got the biggest reaction when mentioned.

So just wanted to talk about this really quick. Looking at both of these next to each other and taking it into account that Primeval Whirl's location is an empty lot currently, i'd say that the Moana/Zootopia plans are MUCH more likely to happen. Just look at the concept art for both. The DAK concept art is far more detailed than the MK stuff, meaning the MK stuff is probably in extreme blue sky mode.

You can also add on that when the concept art for DAK was shown, Josh made sure to hammer home how much he liked it. Chris Beatty said "We develop lots of paintings like this to envision what the possibilities could be". Josh then says "But I love this one. I love this one." D'amaro is ultimately the boss and this is all me theorizing, but he only answers to Chapek, so if Josh likes it, I think we're more likely to see some version of it than not.

So to me, it seems the MK stuff is probably the more likely thing to just straight up not happen, but it's also nice to know that they're thinking of expanding out that way.

Moana/Zootopia:
FcZZ9coX0AEbEy5

Coco/Encanto/Villains:
FcZZ76VXgAIa8e2

Such an opportunity missed....but what else is new with Disney? A Beastly Kingdom announcement would have thrown everyone into a tizzy....but god forbid Disney build an unproven property that has limitless potential for merchandising, movies and Disney+ content! Chapek sucks.

Reactions: SpyderDan
I’m excited for both concepts which I know is a very unpopular opinion among the “die hards”. When Zootopia was initially rumored to being built in DAK I was one of the few not upset at that possibility. I just felt they could make it work just like they did Pandora.

Funny thing is Fantasy Springs at TDS hardly fits that park but because it’s Tokyo and they could do no wrong it’s lauded. Moana technically is based on the Polynesian Islands which is a real world location. If they focus more on that aspect it totally could work imo.

I’m excited for both concepts which I know is a very unpopular opinion among the “die hards”. When Zootopia was initially rumored to being built in DAK I was one of the few not upset at that possibility. I just felt they could make it work just like they did Pandora.

Funny thing is Fantasy Springs at TDS hardly fits that park but because it’s Tokyo and they could do no wrong it’s lauded. Moana technically is based on the Polynesian Islands which is a real world location. If they focus more on that aspect it totally could work imo.

And once again, Epic is going to be four completely unrelated IPs.

Reactions: RFRees
Theme matters not anymore! Let's bring Dagobah to DAK! Wakanda! Just dump all the IP there that has the tiniest connection to the park's overarching theme, which seems to be getting looser and looser on what they are allowing in.

I'm all for DAK getting more ride, but the concept art isn't giving us much AT ALL! That's why Josh loves it so much! It's all rethemes and one new flume ride on a plot of land where there used to be a ride, bringing the grand total number of rides in the park back to a whopping eight, while in the process diluting it's theme.

You can see the following changes in the concept art. We aren't getting anything substantial at all and this is before budget cuts (although i'm not sure how you can budget cut something that looks so cheap, but they'll find a way).

Dinorama spinner --> Moana Spinner
Former Primeval Whirl plot --> Moana Log Flume
Dinosaur --> EMV version of Shanghai Zootopia ride
Restaurantosaurous --> Zootopia quick serve

I'm sure the Bone Yard play area would be rethemed to Zootopia or Moana as well. There's just nothing to see here as far as i'm concerned. The Moana flume ride would be the best thing as it's an addition, but it just looks like Splash Mountain, but Moana. and would make it 2 water rides in a park that only has 8 rides. Of course if they want to replace Kali and utilize that Space better, I wouldn't be against it, but what the park really needs is actual expansion. Like, a full new land.

Happy to see the cancelled Disney rides YouTube accounts are going to get a ton of new content soon.
Oh the MK stuff I have no hope for. This I think has a very legitimate shot at happening though. Probably not in thiis form and corners will be cut, but this seems to fit exactly in line with what Disney loves doing lately, which is not expanding parks, but just using existing rides or areas to retheme into something new.

Like I laid out above, this isn't like the MK plans which seem like they were high and just said screw it and released concept art that they created the day before and would be a massive investment. The Dinoland stuff is very plausible and would basically just be a retheme of Dinoland with one new ride built where there used to be a ride.

Reactions: RFRees and GA-MBIT
Well according to an insider on WDWMagic this concept is very close to being green lit. They are looking at a potential 2025 opening date.

I know the majority of people on here won’t believe it but it’s interesting that’s the same year EU is debuting. The Zootopia rumors are years old so I don’t think that’s just a blue sky idea.

• Haha
Reactions: RFRees
Well according to an insider on WDWMagic this concept is very close to being green lit. They are looking at a potential 2025 opening date.

I know the majority of people on here won’t believe it but it’s interesting that’s the same year EU is debuting. The Zootopia rumors are years old so I don’t think that’s just a blue sky idea.
EU is coming, better break our parks

• Haha
Reactions: SpyderDan
Status
Not open for further replies.