Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but that stuff spreads like wildfire along with its positive of growing really fast. They'll have a kudzu situation on their hand if they aren't careful.
I think Disney Horticulture is on top of it. They know what they’re doing.

It is true that bamboo can get out of hand fast. There’s this guy that lives a couple neighborhoods from me that surrounded his yard with it. When I drove by I remember saying how I felt bad for the neighbors, cause there’s no way this’ll end well.

There are 2 types of bamboo. One that multiplies like crazy and spreads and the other one doesn't.
The one that gets out of control can be contained by putting deep enough barriers in the ground so it stops the spreading.

It sure seems like they just announced that Dinoland is going away... someday... maybe. And it might involve Moana and Zootopia. Possibly.

It was all extremely nebulous and noncommittal.

I don't particularly think either of those properties fit the park, and certainly not at the expense of real extinct animals.

It sure seems like they just announced that Dinoland is going away... someday... maybe. And it might involve Moana and Zootopia. Possibly.

It was all extremely nebulous and noncommittal.

I don't particularly think either of those properties fit the park, and certainly not at the expense of real extinct animals.
Sounds like the beginnings of a Joe Rhode nightmare.

Is it really so hard to revitalize Dinoland?

I get Zootopia because it's animals, but why Moana?

They seemed to struggle to answer that very question during the panel.

Is it really so hard to revitalize Dinoland?

It should not be, no, but I don't even think the Dino Institute (and Dinosaur) and the play area dig site need have anything done to them, really. And I'm fine -- in theory -- with annexing DinoRama for some other purpose, but:

1. I don't want Dinosaur to go away.
2. The park needs more rides, not replacements.
3. The proposed themes don't work for the park (in my view).

Here's the concept art that they took great care to say is not binding in any way:
disney-parks-panel-1-14-1536x1024.jpg

They seemed to struggle to answer that very question during the panel.

It should not be, no, but I don't even think the Dino Institute (and Dinosaur) and the play area dig site need have anything done to them, really. And I'm fine -- in theory -- with annexing DinoRama for some other purpose, but:

1. I don't want Dinosaur to go away.
2. The park needs more rides, not replacements.
3. The proposed themes don't work for the park (in my view).

And that is a very difficult puzzle to solve. What property could they possibly add that fits (ESPECIALLY for Dinoland = "Ancient")? I'd say Ice Age but not relevant enough.

And now my brain is going to be hurting trying to come up with one LOL.

And that is a very difficult puzzle to solve. What property could they possibly add that fits (ESPECIALLY for Dinoland = "Ancient")? I'd say Ice Age but not relevant enough.

And now my brain is going to be hurting trying to come up with one LOL.

THE JUNGLE BOOK. Expand the technical boundaries of Asia to reach into the former DinoRama area, put a big E-ticket Jungle Book ride there, and leave the Dino Institute alone as a mini-land with the dig site.

Where would that leave the Nemo show? I don't know, but I don't particularly care!

THE JUNGLE BOOK. Expand the technical boundaries of Asia to reach into the former DinoRama area, put a big E-ticket Jungle Book ride there, and leave the Dino Institute alone as a mini-land with the dig site.

Where would that leave the Nemo show? I don't know, but I don't particularly care!

I guess Nemo could be moved to DHS?

Status
Not open for further replies.