Next Attraction To Go? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Despicable Me is a weird show/hybrid and can only move people after every viewing is over. It backs up the line and leaves thing congested. Plus it's a popular IP at the time, so people want to check it out.

Despicable Me is a weird show/hybrid and can only move people after every viewing is over. It backs up the line and leaves thing congested. Plus it's a popular IP at the time, so people want to check it out.

They should have converted the queue into a playground/interactive zone and done the return ticket thing like at Disney...this ride has a terrible queue and you literally watch the video play three times...I can't imagine someone would reflect very fondly on it being at Universal for the first time

I can't imagine something with as narrow an appeal as The Tonight Show for an amusement park attraction.

I'd rather have Twister turned into the "Sharknado 2 Experience". It's already a SyFy (NBC/Universal) property, it preserves some of the cool Twister effects, it's very 'New Yorky' to fit in it's park location, you could have Jimmy Fallon get eaten - and I'm sure they have some unused sharks laying around.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the appeal Sharknado has is much more narrow than The Tonight Show.

They should have converted the queue into a playground/interactive zone and done the return ticket thing like at Disney...this ride has a terrible queue and you literally watch the video play three times...I can't imagine someone would reflect very fondly on it being at Universal for the first time

It really is amazing how fast the queue moves in Hollywood. Granted there are two theaters, but the queue also makes you feel like you're making progress more by going around bends and up hills to the building. Even on busy days, the line is no more than 35-40 minutes. Now the studio tour on the other hand....

I'm sure it is, but at least something happens in Sharknado. Talk shows don't make very exciting attractions.

BTW, I was joking about adding a Sharknado attraction.

The glory that could be Sharknado. "Cow!!! Another Cow...... OH MY GOD ITS A SHARK AND ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!!"

I received confirmation that things have already started arriving for the new Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show/Rockefeller Center attraction, just not specifically WHAT it will be. Expect things to start happening very soon, like the closure of Twister.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I received confirmation that things have already started arriving for the new Jimmy Fallon/Tonight Show/Rockefeller Center attraction, just not specifically WHAT it will be. Expect things to start happening very soon, like the closure of Twister.

I had no idea stuff was onsite already. I know a whole lot about this project that I cannot talk about because each specific thing is being handled by so few tight groups of people. Very tight.

Take heart however, most of the stuff is detailed technical things and would be boring to many on here. Massive projects are easier to talk about because there are so many people involved that it is difficult for PR and Legal to figure out who, what, where.

Good to hear we should see progress soon. I was beginning to wonder when it was going to happen

I had no idea stuff was onsite already. I know a whole lot about this project that I cannot talk about because each specific thing is being handled by so few tight groups of people. Very tight.

Take heart however, most of the stuff is detailed technical things and would be boring to many on here. Massive projects are easier to talk about because there are so many people involved that it is difficult for PR and Legal to figure out who, what, where.

But I love detailed technical stuff!!!

Are we talking like before March?

It is way overdue informed wise. I can only state that it is happening soon. It is in the works currently, stuff is happening on many fronts. March April May... I dunno. It appears that is minor enough that a date does not matter. As DH suggested, vendors are building it and other vendors are working to support it. (and Mark Woodbury jiggled it three times in the bathroom today after lunch.)

Last edited:
I'm sure it is, but at least something happens in Sharknado. Talk shows don't make very exciting attractions.

BTW, I was joking about adding a Sharknado attraction.

I think I was the first person to say we should replace Twister with Sharknado; that way, we'd have Twister AND Jaws! And as much as I love the idea of something cheesy like Sharknado (to replace the cheesy Twister), I don't think it has staying power. The Tonight Show, in all it's incarnations, has been around for well over 50 years. And if it has audience participation of some sort, all the better. I just know that Twister has seen its day, it is long past time for it to go, and I look forward to whatever replaces it.

But if its about money and staying power why not 50 shades of Grey: the ride since Universal already owns the rights and seems to be tracking for a huge opening weekend :lol: And hits a demographic that Universal needs aka the fustrated mommy crowd.

This is a joke btw I hope they would never.

But if its about money and staying power why not 50 shades of Grey: the ride since Universal already owns the rights and seems to be tracking for a huge opening weekend :lol: And hits a demographic that Universal needs aka the fustrated mommy crowd.

This is a joke btw I hope they would never.
Lots they could do with Kuka arms and an S&M theme *shutters*