Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Odd's are, they would re-route the entrance to the tent behind Barney over by Springfield, and if the Parade building stays around; it goes over by Horror Make Up and then dumps people out to Springfield.
Good points. I've only been to HHN twice in last 5 years so my remembering of locations may not be all that vivid.

I got an update today that it looks like Kid Zone demolition will come after HHN or even after the first of the year now.

Excellent. This should mean I'm almost guaranteed a ride on E.T. (whether it's on the chopping block or not) when I visit in early October. Hopefully it won't be my last.

Donkey Kong, as far-as what I've heard; is fully in for Super Nintendo World.
Thank goodness. I'm much more excited for that than another screen ride with Mario Kart. If the minecart is anything like the recent games, we are in for a major treat!

Thank goodness. I'm much more excited for that than another screen ride with Mario Kart. If the minecart is anything like the recent games, we are in for a major treat!

Mario Kart, for all intensive purposes; is nothing to shrug off about.

With Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Kart; if it pans out to what I am hearing, will help out the resort tremendously.

Mario Kart, for all intensive purposes; is nothing to shrug off about.

With Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Kart; if it pans out to what I am hearing, will help out the resort tremendously.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for it. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but I just feel like with what we've been hearing about it, it might be a huge waste of potential. I hope that I'm horribly wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for it. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but I just feel like with what we've been hearing about it, it might be a huge waste of potential. I hope that I'm horribly wrong.

To be fair, what we are going off is via permits en the case of what was leaked a few day's ago.

Nintendo, from what it sounds like; has been practical ever since it was first announced, and that multiple sources have said that it will be practical. The Warp Pipe seems to be something else, and that I wouldn't even say it's a screen.

When I hear "practical", I think of something that is cheap and easy for them to build, effective in popularity, but rather uninspired.

"Practical" here doesn't have the meaning of financially sensible or tight. The word is being used as shorthand to describe an approach that is going to primarily consist of lots of physical effects and sets, rather than lots of simulator-y stuff. Or so we've been told thus far.

"Practical" here doesn't have the meaning of financially sensible or tight. The word is being used as shorthand to describe an approach that is going to primarily consist of lots of physical effects and sets, rather than lots of simulator-y stuff. Or so we've been told thus far.
Oh never mind then that actually makes me feel a lot less worried. Sorry for being so negative.

Okay, who shared our research from a few weeks ago with Screamscape?

Universal Studios Florida

db_2017_0409_SuperNintendoLand_PossibleLocationMap1.jpg

Pertinent info starts in second paragraph:

Rumor - (4/10/17) A collection of new patent images filed by Universal have been found this week showing off an onslaught of imagery showcasing small car shaped ride vehicles riding through some interesting terrain full of strangely shaped objects, tubes (pipes?) and more, all the while surrounded by projector after projector that would surround the riders in some kind of active and living themed environment.
Sounds perfect for what Universal may be dreaming up for the proposed Super Mario Kart attractions experience that will be the staple of the new Super Nintendo Lands planned for the Japan, Hollywood and Orlando parks. You can find a nice collection of patent clips posted to InsideTheMagic.
Now don’t go anywhere just yet however, because an eagle eyed reader pointed out something interesting to me the other day... that the layout artwork for the Universal Studios Beijing resort includes an interesting feature no one had yet pointed out. While everyone is squinting over the layout of the new theme park and taking notice of other features like a water park or resort hotels, most haven't given the future site of the second park on the map much more than a glance.
But when you do, it quickly becomes evident that the park layout dropped into the resort map is actually a mirror image of Universal Studios Florida itself that includes all the major attraction buildings like Transformers, the outdoor concert stage, Escape from Gringotts, Men in Black, along with a leftover Disaster attraction building still in place. However keep looking and there are also three large new attraction sized building structures in place that would run from the area just past E.T., to the largest one taking up the space where the Parade Float storage building currently is, and then another filling in the space between there and leading up to the area just behind where The Simpson's ride is located. To make way the existing buildings (Barney & Friends) and kiddie play structures have been removed.
Given that this location is also rumored to be the most likely location for Super Nintendo Land I have to wonder if we have been given a possible preview look at what the layout of this new land may look like and just how large the proposed attraction buildings for the land's rumored three attractions will be. Just something to think about, in the meantime I've flipped the image the right way to represent USF's layout and highlighted the new area for your consideration as a visual aid. Of course, this is 100% pure speculation on my part... I just found it interesting that the existing park layout was copied in almost every way with the exception of this area. Just take a look at see what you think for yourself.​