Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 265 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This probably isn't known yet, but will these rides have stand by lines or virtual ques?

I could see Mario Kart MAYBE having a virtual one, due to a possibility of smaller capacity depending on the size of the vehicles.

Yoshi is supposed to be Omni-mover like so it won't need that. And DK is a coaster so it should be fine

Okay, who shared our research from a few weeks ago with Screamscape?

Universal Studios Florida

View attachment 4032

Pertinent info starts in second paragraph:

Rumor - (4/10/17) A collection of new patent images filed by Universal have been found this week showing off an onslaught of imagery showcasing small car shaped ride vehicles riding through some interesting terrain full of strangely shaped objects, tubes (pipes?) and more, all the while surrounded by projector after projector that would surround the riders in some kind of active and living themed environment.
Sounds perfect for what Universal may be dreaming up for the proposed Super Mario Kart attractions experience that will be the staple of the new Super Nintendo Lands planned for the Japan, Hollywood and Orlando parks. You can find a nice collection of patent clips posted to InsideTheMagic.
Now don’t go anywhere just yet however, because an eagle eyed reader pointed out something interesting to me the other day... that the layout artwork for the Universal Studios Beijing resort includes an interesting feature no one had yet pointed out. While everyone is squinting over the layout of the new theme park and taking notice of other features like a water park or resort hotels, most haven't given the future site of the second park on the map much more than a glance.
But when you do, it quickly becomes evident that the park layout dropped into the resort map is actually a mirror image of Universal Studios Florida itself that includes all the major attraction buildings like Transformers, the outdoor concert stage, Escape from Gringotts, Men in Black, along with a leftover Disaster attraction building still in place. However keep looking and there are also three large new attraction sized building structures in place that would run from the area just past E.T., to the largest one taking up the space where the Parade Float storage building currently is, and then another filling in the space between there and leading up to the area just behind where The Simpson's ride is located. To make way the existing buildings (Barney & Friends) and kiddie play structures have been removed.
Given that this location is also rumored to be the most likely location for Super Nintendo Land I have to wonder if we have been given a possible preview look at what the layout of this new land may look like and just how large the proposed attraction buildings for the land's rumored three attractions will be. Just something to think about, in the meantime I've flipped the image the right way to represent USF's layout and highlighted the new area for your consideration as a visual aid. Of course, this is 100% pure speculation on my part... I just found it interesting that the existing park layout was copied in almost every way with the exception of this area. Just take a look at see what you think for yourself.​
I shared it on Magic once... :eek:ops:

Reactions: Disneyhead
curious about what the ride vehicles will look like for Mario Kart? Are we thinking a whole group on each kart like Spiderman/Transformers/Gringotts or might these be smaller 4 person type cars... or even better two person karts like Indy Speedway... wouldn't it be cool if 12 cars could race at once and you could race against friends and family... I feel like there are so many options with this ride.

Where is the layout image from screamscape? I didn't see it.
In my post from earlier, and on Screamscape's site:

Okay, who shared our research from a few weeks ago with Screamscape?

Universal Studios Florida

View attachment 4032

Pertinent info starts in second paragraph:

Rumor - (4/10/17) A collection of new patent images filed by Universal have been found this week showing off an onslaught of imagery showcasing small car shaped ride vehicles riding through some interesting terrain full of strangely shaped objects, tubes (pipes?) and more, all the while surrounded by projector after projector that would surround the riders in some kind of active and living themed environment.
Sounds perfect for what Universal may be dreaming up for the proposed Super Mario Kart attractions experience that will be the staple of the new Super Nintendo Lands planned for the Japan, Hollywood and Orlando parks. You can find a nice collection of patent clips posted to InsideTheMagic.
Now don’t go anywhere just yet however, because an eagle eyed reader pointed out something interesting to me the other day... that the layout artwork for the Universal Studios Beijing resort includes an interesting feature no one had yet pointed out. While everyone is squinting over the layout of the new theme park and taking notice of other features like a water park or resort hotels, most haven't given the future site of the second park on the map much more than a glance.
But when you do, it quickly becomes evident that the park layout dropped into the resort map is actually a mirror image of Universal Studios Florida itself that includes all the major attraction buildings like Transformers, the outdoor concert stage, Escape from Gringotts, Men in Black, along with a leftover Disaster attraction building still in place. However keep looking and there are also three large new attraction sized building structures in place that would run from the area just past E.T., to the largest one taking up the space where the Parade Float storage building currently is, and then another filling in the space between there and leading up to the area just behind where The Simpson's ride is located. To make way the existing buildings (Barney & Friends) and kiddie play structures have been removed.
Given that this location is also rumored to be the most likely location for Super Nintendo Land I have to wonder if we have been given a possible preview look at what the layout of this new land may look like and just how large the proposed attraction buildings for the land's rumored three attractions will be. Just something to think about, in the meantime I've flipped the image the right way to represent USF's layout and highlighted the new area for your consideration as a visual aid. Of course, this is 100% pure speculation on my part... I just found it interesting that the existing park layout was copied in almost every way with the exception of this area. Just take a look at see what you think for yourself.​

db_2017_0409_supernintendoland_possiblelocationmap1-jpg.4032

It's a reversed Beijing image, like we talked endlessly about weeks ago.

Reactions: Joel
All this Westworld worship sheesh... I have no interest in this program what so ever.... am I missing out?

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts