Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally okay with a plussed Peoplemover/Seuss Trolley-style thing. I'm a fan of those sorts of rides. I just think that's a far cry from an attraction that would leave E.T. in the proverbial dust if it were E.T.'s replacement.

Reactions: Mike S
But it's not ETs replacement

Correct. My point was more that I think it's possible some people may have been overhyping Yoshi (a tad!) back when it was the suspected replacement in order to brush off or smooth over people's concerns about E.T. leaving the park.

And I'm not ascribing malicious or calculated intent to that, for the record. I'm pointing no fingers at anybody.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Sure.

That does seem like an odd design choice. It would be curious to see them consciously craft a ride that is somewhat limiting in terms of capacity, especially as a component of a major new land that is going to be drawing heavy crowds.
Well that's why we've been discussing it today. I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too high on this one. It's mainly for kids. Will be cool, but nowhere as awesome as the other two.

EDIT: Sounds like you could be describing Na'vi River Journey. Or the new Toy Story rides. Lol.

Reactions: belloq87
Well that's why we've been discussing it today. I don't want anyone to get their hopes up too high on this one. It's mainly for kids. Will be cool, but nowhere as awesome as the other two.

Expectations adjusted!

If it ends up being several notches above Pteranodon Flyers and incorporates some dark ride elements, it could check the land's B/C-ticket box as a compliment to the larger-scale rides.

Reactions: Alicia
My dream is that it's a PeopleMover-esque think that overlooks the land AS WELL AS a decently lengthy dark ride with large, colorful show scenes, and an overall ride time of around 9-10 minutes. I acknowledge that it's incredibly unlikely, but it'd be such a perfect change of pace.
I think it's apx. 4 minutes. But still an omnimover, even with small capacity RV's, there's a lot of them almost back to back in a continuous load. It won't have the high capacity of SLoP, but it won't be all that bad, certainly not Ptyerandon Flyer low capacity like.

Has something changed in the scope of this attraction as far as you know? Back when Yoshi was rumored to be taking over E.T., several people here were of the opinion that it was nothing less than a gigantic upgrade over E.T., and fully worth losing that ride to get it.
Seems like it got smaller in order to keep E.T.

Is it too late to go into E.T. with a wrecking crew myself?

Yes. Way too late.

I used to like you Mike....you're glad to see Dragons gone, now threatening to destroy ET...what happened to nice Mike? We're you replaced by an evil clone? LOL

I'm with him on ET, but due to that I don't think it being relevant anymore in modern media. And that, I wouldn't call the film a masterpiece.

That said, ET will eventually get the axe, but I do think that well be waiting a while for them to pull the rides plug.

I'm with him on ET, but due to that I don't think it being relevant anymore in modern media. And that, I wouldn't call the film a masterpiece.

That said, ET will eventually get the axe, but I do think that well be waiting a while for them to pull the rides plug.

At this point I think ET exists only as a future expansion pad for Nintendo if needed.

ET is certainly iconic at least, as illustrated by the number of spoofs it has garnered in the last three decades... And in doing this image search, I see the word "Masterpiece" appears as a suggestion from google. So Google disagrees with the assessment lol.

et.jpg

Reactions: Joel
ET is certainly iconic at least, as illustrated by the number of spoofs it has garnered in the last three decades... And in doing this image search, I see the word "Masterpiece" appears as a suggestion from google. So Google disagrees with the assessment lol.

View attachment 5544

I am not saying that ET isn't Iconic. But, I do believe that ET has problems. I don't call it over-rated, mind you; but I do think it's not as perfect as people call it out to be.

excuse me

To be perfectly honest, films like Jaws; Close Encounters; and Schindler's List are to me, near perfect to about perfect films that shows why Spielberg is one of the best directors in Hollywood, even now.

As far as ET is concerned; it's essentially just being saved for something inevitable. And that I have to think Comcast and Spielberg may begin talks on a new deal for the sake of the theme parks and the movie studios.

To be perfectly honest, films like Jaws; Close Encounters; and Schindler's List are to me, near perfect to about perfect films that shows why Spielberg is one of the best directors in Hollywood, even now.
Close Encounters has clunky writing. But I agree Schindler's List is a masterpiece. And Jaws single-handedly kick-started the summer blockbuster concept.

I'm actually surprised by how many kids in line for ET Adventure actually know who he is. Clearly parents still show this film to their kids.

That said, you throw a Nintendo property in there it'll probably be five times as popular.