Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 378 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good job. :thumbsup:...I would bet money that's DK. Between the fact of it's location (surely isn't coincidental), the look of the track, and it being forced off the internet.

Well whoever forced them off really aren't going to like that I still had the tweet in the cache on my phone. lol

Here the other 3 pics.

DNFb7AFVoAE3NjD.jpg:large

DNFb7AAUEAATFg6.jpg:large

DNFb7ADU8AAAQU7.jpg:large

Looks to me like tests of different moves and not a final track layout... but definitely jives with the idea of it being a mixed dark ride/coaster experience.

EDIT: Upward track waves look to be where the cart will appear to jump the track, moving up and then down a trough.

Oh this is definitely just a test track/proof of concept. S&S has done this a lot over the years.

Looks to me like tests of different moves and not a final track layout... but definitely jives with the idea of it being a mixed dark ride/coaster experience.

EDIT: Upward track waves look to be where the cart will appear to jump the track, moving up and then down a trough.
Hopefully it’s all indoors. The illusion of what they’re trying to accomplish could be completely ruined if it goes outside.

Reactions: Alicia
This? This is nowhere near the final concept. Not even close. (Thankfully.) This kinda looks like roller coaster tycoon, with all the empty space around it. Bleh.

View attachment 5634

It's obviously a proof of concept, for sure. I'm just saying they can easily pull off an outdoor scene or two. IMO they'd be dumb not to. Imagine how hyped people would get seeing a mine cart jump a gap as they walk up to the ride.

Reactions: anihilnation
It's obviously a proof of concept, for sure. I'm just saying they can easily pull off an outdoor scene or two. IMO they'd be dumb not to. Imagine how hyped people would get seeing a mine cart jump a gap as they walk up to the ride.
Oh, people will see the carts as they approach the entrance to the ride... Just not so sure the entrance is actually outside, so much as it's appearing to be.

Either way, the ride will not be visible from Mushroom Kingdom at all, not until you go through a warp pipe to DK Country. Then the ride will be visible from the mini-land's courtyard.

Much agreed, jumping the gap is the best advertisement, it simply begs to be seen from the outside, and it would not be too hard to cover the track so that nothing is visible.

It would have to be from the side without the boom arm for the illusion to work. It would have to be hidden from on ride POV as well.

To me it just looks like it would be immediately obvious how it’s done when put in daylight.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Much agreed, jumping the gap is the best advertisement, it simply begs to be seen from the outside, and it would not be too hard to cover the track so that nothing is visible.
Even in the leaked (early) art you see a cart jumping track near entrance. (Also, I think that mini play area may have survived to the final version. But not sure.)

IMG_7281.JPG

You also see the boom arm and the “real track” pretty clearly proving my worries of an outdoor section potentially shattering the illusion.
Not so sure this is actually outside. It could be fake jungle backdrops in a showbuilding with controlled lighting, so may not be so obvious.

Reactions: Ashhanbre