Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 379 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You also see the boom arm and the “real track” pretty clearly proving my worries of an outdoor section potentially shattering the illusion.

Suspension of disbelief, man. Normal guests aren't going to think "omg that's stupid". They're going to think, "Holy crap they built Donkey Kong Country!"

They'll do their best to hide it, but there's gonna be visible parts to the non-riders

Suspension of disbelief, man. Normal guests aren't going to think "omg that's stupid". They're going to think, "Holy crap they built Donkey Kong Country!"

They'll do their best to hide it, but there's gonna be visible parts to the non-riders
I know most won’t care but I think the ingenious method for track jumping they came up with should be kept hidden so people who don’t read forums get off thinking, “OMG, HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!?!?!” With an outdoor section the answer is clearly visible. I think there’s a quote somewhere about great entertainers leaving their audience with questions just like that.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I think the newer concept has the jumping track directly above the ride entrance and partially obscured by the ride sign.

I think there's a gift shop stand and food stand like Skull Island, as well as a small stage and/or meet and greet area... but not so sure about the play area. Really hope that survived. We need something with all of KidsZone going away.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I know most won’t care but I think the ingenious method for track jumping they came up with should be kept hidden so people who don’t read forums get off thinking, “OMG, HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!?!?!”

99% of guests probably won't notice. They'll see it jump and rush to the freaking line to ride it.

I think the newer concept has the jumping track directly above the ride entrance and partially obscured by the ride sign.

I think there's a gift shop stand and food stand like Skull Island, as well as a small stage and/or meet and greet area... but not so sure about the play area. Really hope that survived. We need something with all of KidsZone going away.
How would that work once you’re past the ride sign?

That’s the best way I see this happening. Elevating the jump over the queue entrance (which is a rock-work arch, I’d imagine), would allow the perspective to hide more from guests.

EDIT -
Queue immediately turns in a manner that hides it, or it’s an extended cave tunnel that hides what’s immediately above you.

As Legacy describes below. I was talking about a ride sign above the queue entrance.
That’s the best way I see this happening. Elevating the jump over the queue entrance (which is a rock-work arch, I’d imagine), would allow the perspective to hide more from guests.
And yes, rock-work arch is my understanding as entrance weenie, with the jump above it.

Reactions: Mike S
They can have a false wall that runs in front(from the non rider's perspective) of the actual ride track, turns so that it runs between the track and the car, then turns up once past the car to block the view of the arm. Paint the false wall to match the background and the illusion is kept.

Reactions: Mike S
If I'm remembering correctly, and it's legitimately been like 2 years since I heard about this so I'm probably not, all the AAs were of Donkey/Diddy, and there were no enemies present in the ride.
That might be accurate. Fire, pits, and peril may be our enemy for the ride. A screen or two may be used for some enemy threats as well, but not AAs I don’t think.

That might be accurate. Fire, pits, and peril may be our enemy for the ride. A screen or two may be used for some enemy threats as well, but not AAs I don’t think.

Again, I may be misremembering, but the concept is literally "Diddy takes you for a ride through Donkey Kong Country." I don't think there's "and something goes terribly wrong" involved in this one (thank god).

Again, I may be misremembering, but the concept is literally "Diddy takes you for a ride through Donkey Kong Country." I don't think there's "and something goes terribly wrong" involved in this one (thank god).

Wouldn't breaks in the tracks be considered as something going wrong?

Wouldn't breaks in the tracks be considered as something going wrong?

MKC.png