Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 531 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could this finally be more info for the US versions? Remember the last video they made was shot in front of USF.

We've been talking about that on the Citywalk Hollywood General thread, and it's a Joint-Production between Nintendo and Denizen.

To my best understanding, THIS doesn't relate to the parks.

This is an aerial image of Super Nintendo World in Japan, and it looks identical to what we would have gotten in KidZone:

upload_2018-7-18_17-32-36-png.7257

It also gives us a possible look at the courtyard layout, which seems like it changed from the concept art. But it looks awesome.

This is an aerial image of Super Nintendo World in Japan, and it looks identical to what we would have gotten in KidZone:

upload_2018-7-18_17-32-36-png.7257

It also gives us a possible look at the courtyard layout, which seems like it changed from the concept art. But it looks awesome.

I would like to say how scarily similar this is to the supposed Orlando layout..makes me wonder if this may indicate that they may get a certain type of crew.

Its looks like someone missed this...

Shacknews: Right, right. So the other thing I was curious about is, from a branding perspective, obviously we know that Mario and a lot of the Nintendo characters, Mario obviously being the stand out, you know, kind of resonates with people in a similar way, kind of like Mickey Mouse and some Disney characters have. There's been a lot of talk about partnership at Universal, and having theme parks, and I'm just kind of wondering, I haven't heard much about that recently. Is that something that is moving forward, or what's the latest on the whole theme park idea for Nintendo?

Doug Bowser: It's moving forward. Mr. Miyamoto is deeply involved. I'll step back, the reason for projects like that are we want to continue to expose people to our IP. Not only through our dedicated platforms, but through other means. Some of those means have been through a cell phone, through our mobile games, and those are doing well. Through our licensed goods. Some of the agreement, or some of the partnerships we've had with companies like Vans or Uniqlo gives a chance for people to be exposed to our properties, and finally the Universal agreement. Both Universal Studios and then we also have an agreement with Illumination production, the makers of-

Shacknews: The Minions.

Doug Bowser: The minions, exactly. And then, Universal would be a distribution partner for them when the time comes, or for a movie when the time comes.

Shacknews: Right.

Doug Bowser: So the idea is the content, if you think about Super Mario and all those characters, lends itself beautifully to a theme park environment.

Shacknews: It does, yeah. I mean obviously very colorful, very family friendly, Nintendo's image.

Doug Bowser: Exactly.

Shacknews: What's the timeline on those parks opening? Is it plural parks, or is it park?

Doug Bowser: Two parks have been announced. The one that has a timeline attached to it is the park that will be outside of Osaka, Japan. And the timing is concurrent with the Tokyo Olympics, so 2020.

Shacknews: So the US presence hasn't quite been figured out?

Doug Bowser: The second park will be ...

PR: They're unannounced, so-

Doug Bowser: But it will be a US based park.

Shacknews: Right, because I read something about Florida, now we're not sure. Different things out there, but you can't confirm anything just yet?

Doug Bowser: We'll look, but at this moment, we can't confirm.

Shacknews: Right, okay.

PR: I can get back to you on that.

It seems Nintendo leadership already knows pretty much the finalized plans.

Its looks like someone missed this...

It seems Nintendo leadership already knows pretty much the finalized plans.

I thought they announced it for three parks? Hollywood, Orlando, Osaka. It looks like they’re talking about Orlando here.

Also, maybe I’m looking too far into this, but they’re talking about a single park. Not multiple. Hmmmm.

NBC/Universal only announced Osaka. It’s Nintendo that early on hinted at US parks but nothing official.

Very good rumors on this site confirmed that is coming to the US parks but that is about it.

Nah, they've announced it's coming to Orlando and Hollywood, just not where in each respective location

Reactions: Joel