Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 532 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pertinent info from the link for uninitiated:

• Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
  • These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
  • You’ll feel as if you’re playing inside your favorite games – in real life.
  • There will be something for everyone—regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
  • Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.

Reactions: |Q| and Mike S
Main thing I was highlighting is the fact its seems to be decided what US park and in which US park Nintendo is going in however unlike last time, Nintendo PR team stopped them from leaking. That makes me believe the plans have been near finalized now.

That interview was from E3.

This goes with it.

Maybe they simply forgot they confirmed it for both Hollywood and Orlando.
Hollywood might get it first in the U.S., then it would come to Orlando later due to the introduction of the 3rd theme park.
If they want Hollywood to open first they better get started soon then. Everyone seems to think the new park will go up pretty soon.

This goes with it.

Maybe they simply forgot they confirmed it for both Hollywood and Orlando.

If they want Hollywood to open first they better get started soon then. Everyone seems to think the new park will go up pretty soon.

Nintendo and Universal haven't announced anything for Hollywood and Orlando yet because unlike Japan, there's still a lot of work that is needed around the two theme parks. Hollywood might start opening on the SNW first before Orlando, but I didn't say if they should start soon or not. However, the possibility of that opening first is there considering the fact two months ago, USH started balloon testing heights in certain SS in order to determine the size and height for the upcoming SNW.

Nintendo and Universal haven't announced anything for Hollywood and Orlando yet because unlike Japan, there's still a lot of work that is needed around the two theme parks. Hollywood might start opening on the SNW first before Orlando, but I didn't say if they should start soon or not. However, the possibility of that opening first is there considering the fact two months ago, USH started balloon testing heights in certain SS in order to determine the size and height for the upcoming SNW.

Also note the Reddit post mentioned on the USH SNW thread.

Reactions: Magic-Man

If the video I posted and @JungleSkip’s link don’t count as announcements I don’t know what does...

They announced they were coming just like Japan at that time. It wasn’t until later that Japan got more specific.

That’s construction, not an announcement.

Oh yeah, maybe you miss the fact Nintendo did start announcement for construction of SNW Japan last year?

There's a fine difference between announcing that SNW would come to Universal parks and announcing when SNW would be constructed for a certain location.

I just realized how right this bit is.
Doug Bowser: Two parks have been announced. The one that has a timeline attached to it is the park that will be outside of Osaka, Japan. And the timing is concurrent with the Tokyo Olympics, so 2020.
The only other park that’s announced is Hollywood. Orlando was announced as the whole resort, not a specific park.

Reactions: Joel and Magic-Man
Oh yeah, maybe you miss the fact Nintendo did start announcement for construction of SNW Japan last year?

There's a fine difference between announcing that SNW would come to Universal parks and announcing when SNW would be constructed for a certain location.

An announcement is an announcement no matter what it’s announcing. Hollywood and Orlando have already been announced. We’re just waiting for a second more detailed announcement. Keep trying though, this is fun :thumbsup:

I just realized how right this bit is.

The only other park that’s announced is Hollywood. Orlando was announced as the whole resort, not a specific park.

You're not answering the question and instead of answering it, you chose to stick to your main argument just to tick me off instead of providing a counter-argument. There's a fine a difference between an announcement of how SNW is coming to Hollywood and Orlando vs. an announcement of when SNW would be starting constructing for Hollywood and Japan, like the video I displayed to you moments ago. If you can't tell the difference, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the last sentence you answered is unnecessary and rude.

The difference with Osaka compared to the rest, is that it got properly announced first, with true concept art. Then, there was silence until June of 2017; to when the groundbreaking ceremony took place. You also have to take into account of that Tokyo will have the 2020 Olympics coming up sooner than we think, so it actually makes sense that they would've had to break the news out. Especially as Tokyo Disneyland Resort began it's announcements of the Tokyo Disneyland Park (NFL/BH6/New Entry).

I am going to give a bet. I am betting, we will not see a SNW groundbreaking ceremony for either Hollywood or Orlando, and that what we should expect more is a write-up from a news outlet like Entertainment Weekly, LATimes, NYT, or somewhere else (along with the official NBCUMV and the official Park Sites giving mention to the news).

You're not answering the question and instead of answering it, you chose to stick to your main argument just to tick me off instead of providing a counter-argument. There's a fine a difference between an announcement of how SNW is coming to Hollywood and Orlando vs. an announcement of when SNW would be starting constructing for Hollywood and Japan, like the video I displayed to you moments ago. If you can't tell the difference, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the last sentence you answered is unnecessary and rude.
And this wasn’t?
There is a difference but it doesn’t change the fact an announcement has already been made even if it wasn’t the start of construction.