Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I am going to give a bet. I am betting, we will not see a SNW groundbreaking ceremony for either Hollywood or Orlando, and that what we should expect more is a write-up from a news outlet like Entertainment Weekly, LATimes, NYT, or somewhere else (along with the official NBCUMV and the official Park Sites giving mention to the news).

What about a groundbreaking ceremony for the new park? Would that count?

What about a groundbreaking ceremony for the new park? Would that count?

That's asking if they'll mention Nintendo when they announce the overview of the Southern property. I don't necessarily think SNW will be directly mentioned like how Osaka did it's proper initial reveal of the land back in the later half of 2016.

Is it possible? Maybe, but it could be more plausible that they may want to hold off on mentioning anything that the park will be offering, until they get a little bit closer to whenever the property opens.

The difference with Osaka compared to the rest, is that it got properly announced first, with true concept art. Then, there was silence until June of 2017; to when the groundbreaking ceremony took place. You also have to take into account of that Tokyo will have the 2020 Olympics coming up sooner than we think, so it actually makes sense that they would've had to break the news out. Especially as Tokyo Disneyland Resort began it's announcements of the Tokyo Disneyland Park (NFL/BH6/New Entry).

I am going to give a bet. I am betting, we will not see a SNW groundbreaking ceremony for either Hollywood or Orlando, and that what we should expect more is a write-up from a news outlet like Entertainment Weekly, LATimes, NYT, or somewhere else (along with the official NBCUMV and the official Park Sites giving mention to the news).

I wasn't referring to a groundbreaking ceremony, but more like an announcement, in general, be it news or what not. I think Mike S is confused to believing that an announcement should come from a company and said it in a specific, strict tone rather than taking things from a technical point of view. An announcement is already made four years ago, but we don't have any news or announcement for the start of construction for both parks in the U.S. as of now. Pandora didn't start construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom until 2014, when news broke out that they officially started.

That's asking if they'll mention Nintendo when they announce the overview of the Southern property. I don't necessarily think SNW will be directly mentioned like how Osaka did it's proper initial reveal of the land back in the later half of 2016.

Is it possible? Maybe, but it could be more plausible that they may want to hold off on mentioning anything that the park will be offering, until they get a little bit closer to whenever the property opens.
So another Kong situation where the construction is plainly obvious what it is but they still deny it up and down? How fun, lol.

So another Kong situation where the construction is plainly obvious what it is but they still deny it up and down? How fun, lol.

There's a difference to being right next to it that it's obvious even to the GP, and that the project will be quite a distance away from regular cameras being able to see jack.

If you would, you would be Bio with his army of helicopters; being able to look overhead into the project site.

I wasn't referring to a groundbreaking ceremony, but more like an announcement, in general, be it news or what not. I think Mike S is confused to believing that an announcement should come from a company and said it in a specific, strict tone rather than taking things from a technical point of view. An announcement is already made four years ago, but we don't have any news or announcement for the start of construction for both parks in the U.S. as of now. Pandora didn't start construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom until 2014, when news broke out that they officially started.
I’m not confused. If you’re waiting for a construction announcement then say that. You said nothing had been announced so far, which it has. The fact that they’re coming.

There's a difference to being right next to it that it's obvious even to the GP, and that the project will be quite a distance away from regular cameras being able to see jack.

If you would, you would be Bio with his army of helicopters; being able to look overhead into the project site.
Eventually those helicopter pictures will be pretty obvious of what they’re taking pictures of. To me it’ll be pretty much the same thing. People will constantly be asking about it whenever they get the chance.

I’m not confused.

You are. You don't know the actual difference between the two things and worse of all, you haven't properly answered it. You also define "announcement" in a strict, tone matter rather than from a technically speaking point of view. Plus, it's called nitpicking, not a counter-argument. I haven't said anything rude or hostile until you just did.

Mike S If you’re waiting for a construction announcement then say that. [B said:
You said nothing had been announced so far, which it has.[/B]

I never said I did, I just said that we haven't heard anything regarding the actual construction of SNW Hollywood and Orlando, I have no idea why would anyone get upright at this except for yourself.

You are. You don't know the actual difference between the two things and worse of all, you haven't properly answered it. You also define "announcement" in a strict, tone matter rather than from a technically speaking point of view. Plus, it's called nitpicking, not a counter-argument. I haven't said anything rude or hostile until you just did.

I never said I did, I just said that we haven't heard anything regarding the actual construction of SNW Hollywood and Orlando, I have no idea why would anyone get upright at this except for yourself.

Guys, what exactly are we arguing about here? :lol:

Got a bit nitpicky over the word "announcement", and he started this argument for no reason. I wasn't expecting anything like that.

From the outside, ya'll both were dancing in circles for the past page - although it seems Mike was a bit more focused. :lol:

He's saying it was announced as coming soon for Hollywood, Orlando, whereas Japan got a groundbreaking announcement. I don't get the pushback.

Drop it, either way.

From the outside, ya'll both were dancing in circles for the past page - although it seems Mike was a bit more focused. :lol:

He's saying it was announced as coming soon for Hollywood, Orlando, whereas Japan got a groundbreaking announcement. I don't get the pushback.

Drop it, either way.

Yes, but one difference is my argument is about when the construction would start for SNW Hollywood and Orlando, which most people are hoping for vs. SNW being announced that it's coming soon to Hollywood and Orlando, but not yet have to say when they're gonna start construction. Anyways I know this is a theme park forum, so this argument shouldn't have happened. but I'm just giving you a bit of a note on this.

Soon - A word that has very different meanings whether it used by regular humans or in marketing speak.
As defined here “soon” seems to be 2021-22 as people keep saying this park could be open sooner than my guess of 2023 and anything earlier than those years would be extremely unrealistic.