Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Except it’s not “robbing Peter to pay Paul”. Either the funds for those projects get moved to Park 3 or Park 3 opens in a lackluster state. Comcast made the decision to open Park 3 in the best state it could be. To them the same amount of funds are going to UOR.

As for needing more than one attraction every year to visit, I think that’s having way too high of expectations. Better to just take off a few years and come back when 3-4 new things are there
You just stated the reason why it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul, literally.

And

I’m not going to be visiting until the new park opens as I stated so don’t worry.

Look I get it your an optimist and I’m a realist in regards to Universal Orlando and it’s future, we are allowed differing views no worries. I wish you happy trails on your future park ventures.

Last edited:
You just stated the reason why it’s robbing Peter to Paul, literally.

And

I’m not going to be visiting until the new park opens as I stated so don’t worry.

Look I get it your an optimist and I’m a realist in regards to Universal Orlando and it’s future, we are allowed differing views no worries. I wish you happy trails on your future park ventures.

I’d actually hardly call myself an optimist. I just realize Comcast isn’t going to spend unlimited money on these parks and they made the decision to spend more on Park 3 than to significantly expand the existing parks until after its open.

Universal Orlando? The resort that literally has gone through a massive transformation over the past 8 years?

You're being ridiculous at this point
So they are allowed to neglect, I get it now, man what was I thinking.

Thanks

I’ll also let my daughter know that since she did well last semester in school she can just phone it in this semester and no issues should arise.

Good talk

Take from peter to pay Paul.

They are are literally delaying projects(plural) for the new park that we would have gotten at the existing parks.

Never thought about it like that.

It reminds me of the WDW/DL situation, where even though DW has double the parks, DL has equal or even a greater number attractions with just 2 parks.

I imagine this might eventually happen with UOR/USH.

Never been to USF, but some of the trip reports I've read on here is that USH is close to or has surpassed USF in overall quality.

So they are allowed to neglect, I get it now, man what was I thinking.

Thanks

I’ll also let my daughter know that since she did well last semester in school she can just phone it in this semester and no issues should arise.

Good talk
How are they neglecting? By changing plans? There are still new things coming to the parks...Two of which are opening this year...We don't know what is happening with Kidzone and we certainly don't know what they are going to do up until the new park opens..Even if there is a year or two where a new ride doesn't open at the original parks, they're still expanding the resort as a whole down the road

I mean, if anyone remembers the Blackstone era, that's when we saw a huge decline in quality and neglecting

How are they neglecting? By changing plans? There are still new things coming to the parks...Two of which are opening this year...We don't know what is happening with Kidzone and we certainly don't know what they are going to do up until the new park opens..Even if there is a year or two where a new ride doesn't open at the original parks, they're still expanding the resort as a whole down the road

I mean, if anyone remembers the Blackstone era, that's when we saw a huge decline in quality and neglecting
A year or two of nothing new when Comcast said they want one new addition per park per year is neglect by the Universal Orlando execs.

The new park is just taking the new attractions and funds from the original parks. If we were going to get these great things but now they are being moved it not like some great new thing but more just we were already getting but changed packaging.

T2 3D replacement I almost garuntee is moved to 2020 and Jurassic Park Coaster “if” it comes 2021(suppose to be 2020). These delay are because of the new additions coming in 2021 and beyond got pushed to the new park leaving gaps so the Orlando team just pushed the timelines and spaced out what little was left as filler.

I really hope I’m wrong or maybe the new park is a mix of Tokyo Disney Sea/Phantasialand with Disneyland’s layout and Diagon Alley level lands sprinkled throughout which with that hell all would be forgiven.

Sorry for my irritation throughout. I’m just done with the lack of backbone it seems the brass in Universal Orlando has.

Sorry for the detour y’all

A year or two of nothing new when Comcast said they want one new addition per park per year is neglect by the Universal Orlando execs.

The new park is just taking the new attractions and funds from the original parks. If we were going to get these great things but now they are being moved it not like some great new thing but more just we were already getting but changed packaging.

T2 3D replacement I almost garuntee is moved to 2020 and Jurassic Park Coaster “if” it comes 2021(suppose to be 2020). These delay are because of the new additions coming in 2021 and beyond got pushed to the new park leaving gaps so the Orlando team just pushed the timelines and spaced out what little was left as filler.

I really hope I’m wrong or maybe the new park is a mix of Tokyo Disney Sea/Phantasialand with Disneyland’s layout and Diagon Alley level lands sprinkled throughout which with that hell all would be forgiven.

Sorry for my irritation throughout. I’m just done with the lack of backbone it seems the brass in Universal Orlando has.

I think it was one major addition to the resort every year not every park and IIRC, it was for a period of 7 years which has now passed.

It's not going to be a year or two of nothing new.

Yeah, even in 2015; you did see Citywalk get a major replacement for NASCAR, while the parks were preparing for their next few years (specifically USF).

Even if this year brings nothing big to the parks, Dockside can and would count as a large addition, even if it's a second phase to a pairing of two hotels.

That said, can we talk about this somewhere else? Because this is detracting from the Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks aspect of the thread.. ;)

T2 3D replacement I almost guarantee is moved to 2020 and Jurassic Park Coaster “if” it comes 2021(suppose to be 2020). These delay are because of the new additions coming in 2021 and beyond got pushed to the new park leaving gaps so the Orlando team just pushed the timelines and spaced out what little was left as filler.

So far we haven't seen any evidence where a year or two will be without an addition...Even if Pokemon is moved, we know they have multiple projects in the pipeline that they can plug into Kidzone...I always think about the original plan for Jurrassic Park in USF...It was expanded into IOA and is all around better, while we got MIB out of it

This thread.

giphy.gif

The "attraction a year" thing was said long before they acquired the land and got a 3rd dry park green lit.

Surely, a development like that would throw the planning into a spin, what with new creative options, marketing considerations, and Capes priorities.
I don't think it has really set in for us that we're getting a new freaking park with a ton of new rides...I think it will be better when it opens in a few years

The new park will basically be equivalent to opening all of Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, Pandora, and Galaxy's Edge simultaneously.

It's hard to even comprehend.
Ill be waiting for the day and when it’s reality, not just speculation, I’ll book my trip.

I know I’m negative Nancy right now but it’s disappointing to see so much pushed off for the new park.

Like I said before if this were Disney we would be banging hate drums but since it’s Universal it seems we are allowing a pass.

Ill be waiting for the day and when it’s reality, not just speculation, I’ll book my trip.

I know I’m negative Nancy right now but it’s disappointing to see so much pushed off for the new park.

Like I said before if this were Disney we would be banging hate drums but since it’s Universal it seems we are allowing a pass.

If Disney was building a new park and adding rides to the existing parks (What Uni is doing right now), idk who would have a problem with it.

Other than Disney not needing a new prk