Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 553 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea where this project is going. It’s been pretty hard to follow.

Two lands are in construction at USJ and USH. The Mario themed land and Donkey Kong are going to the new park in orlando which is opening 2022/2023. Pokémon and Zelda have been on the design table for a bit and are being moved around, they were never happening before the new park.

Two lands are in construction at USJ and USH. The Mario themed land and Donkey Kong are going to the new park in orlando which is opening 2022/2023. Pokémon and Zelda have been on the design table for a bit and are being moved around, they were never happening before the new park.
Thanks. Really hoping the DK portion is done right.

Reactions: therock and Mike S
At the very least, the integration of the new coaster type will be worth it to see

Hot take, but Mario Kart is the one that has me most nervous
From what that “insider lady” said on “Cranky Pants Josh”’s video, I’m actually less nervous. Personally, I’d much prefer if the main E Ticket was a “Super Mario” ride and “Mario Kart” was the secondary. You know, a somewhat original story of the Mario Bros. taking down Bowser with elements from Galaxy, Odyssey, and the standard 2D titles. But I guess I can live with the fact that that’ll never happen as long as the Mario Kart attraction turns out as good as it sounds.

From what that “insider lady” said on “Cranky Pants Josh”’s video, I’m actually less nervous. Personally, I’d much prefer if the main E Ticket was a “Super Mario” ride and “Mario Kart” was the secondary. You know, a somewhat original story of the Mario Bros. taking down Bowser with elements from Galaxy, Odyssey, and the standard 2D titles. But I guess I can live with the fact that that’ll never happen as long as the Mario Kart attraction turns out as good as it sounds.
Who’s cranky pants josh? Are you referring to TheBitBlock? I know I was an insider lady on a video about Nintendo World on that channel.

It has potential to be next level or completely hokey and dissapointing....There is no in between...They have to get it right

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Who’s cranky pants josh? Are you referring to TheBitBlock? I know I was an insider lady on a video about Nintendo World on that channel.
It’s YOU! And yes, I am talking about Josh Thomas. Was just trying to make a little joke cause I have no idea how he is received here. Sorry for forgetting your name. You brought up a lot of awesome information (and you know what you’re talking about, since Conkdor and Poochy are both very specific characters to name drop).

It’s YOU! And yes, I am talking about Josh Thomas. Was just trying to make a little joke cause I have no idea how he is received here. Sorry for forgetting your name. You brought up a lot of awesome information (and you know what you’re talking about, since Conkdor and Poochy are both very specific characters to name drop).
Yup that was me. I like “insider lady”. Might get that on a little plaque for my desk.

Going back to your original point, while having a Super Mario Ride would be pretty awesome, I am excited for the interactive play areas. It will be like we get to explore settings from classic Mario games ourselves. And Mario Kart May include a giant Bowser AA and classic Mario Bros stuff like piranha plants, so kinda the best of both worlds.

Yup that was me. I like “insider lady”. Might get that on a little plaque for my desk.

Going back to your original point, while having a Super Mario Ride would be pretty awesome, I am excited for the interactive play areas. It will be like we get to explore settings from classic Mario games ourselves. And Mario Kart May include a giant Bowser AA and classic Mario Bros stuff like piranha plants, so kinda the best of both worlds.
Interesting. Maybe it is a lot more like that “Super Mario Ride” I envisioned. Giant Bowser is definitely a huge part of the recent mainline titles, and it’s one thing I was personally hoping for.

Reactions: therock and Alicia
I think we all need to take the biggest of chill pills...One article doesn't mean truth

Pause until some of our insiders know more
I’m hoping that layout map you posted on one of these threads about a Super Nintendo land is very much accurate. That would be a great setup of Nintendo land. I don’t see how Nintendo would cover most of the 4th gate since we don’t know how many themed lands or worlds will be. This could be Universal Orlando’s biggest park to date once it opens we don’t know anything official.

I’m hoping that layout map you posted on one of these threads about a Super Nintendo land is very much accurate. That would be a great setup of Nintendo land. I don’t see how Nintendo would cover most of the 4th gate since we don’t know how many themed lands or worlds will be. This could be Universal Orlando’s biggest park to date once it opens we don’t know anything official.
It's Disneyland with Nintendo logos on it

It's annoying that universal/disney charges some of the highest rates in the world for their parks AND makes more money than anyone off merch/food/hotels yet shouldn't be expected to invest serious money in the parks every single year or that one park getting something is enough. Like yea you should expect that at what they charge now.

Reactions: Cheezbat
It's annoying that universal/disney charges some of the highest rates in the world for their parks AND makes more money than anyone off merch/food/hotels yet shouldn't be expected to invest serious money in the parks every single year or that one park getting something is enough. Like yea you should expect that at what they charge now.
For the record, Universal has been investing in a ton of new infrastructure as well as rides...For instance, we were stuck with three hotels that were out of people's price range for most of the 2000s

Not to mention many backstage things: Staff parking garage, Overhaul of the original CityWalk, etc

They have done quite a bit in a short time

Sometimes I wish Universal hadn't gotten the new property so that we would have Nintendo already under construction...But they did...And I think the outcome will be better than the original plan