Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone on the UOAP page said they are hiring for Nintendo on their job site. Haven't been able to confirm that.
Edit: they have this listing for Orlando and then some for Osaka.
ekDe8c3.jpg

While I could understand them possibly making an announcement this week with all the press in town for the opening of Volcano Bay, I just don't see them stealing Volcano Bay's thunder.

With what seems like a lot of angry people talking about Volcano Bay (I don't want to start that discussion here) it must be some what reassuring to Universal to have that ace up their sleeves to distract the public from any bad PR than Universal could have.

The more I have been thinking for the past day, the more I am starting to wonder if Nintendo themselves will re-announce Super Nintendo World and the partnership between UPR and Nintendo during the E3 Showcase.

It could make sense, as Nintendo has; in the past, done particular things at E3 that are not typical of any company, unlike Microsoft and Sony.

And to add, in this; Nintendo if I am not mistaken, was the one in 2015 to brake the news of the partnership and that Universal didn't officially announce it until after the fact.

Who knows, but I am now curious with the trademarks being done now, and not when Osaka's was officially announced.

Reactions: Coasted and Mike S
People are chomping at the bit for more official details regarding SNW, but I'm not expecting anything parks related at E3. That's gonna be all about promoting the Switch for this holiday season.

With how much Nintendo likes to throw an event though, I do see them holding one at a later point just to talk turkey on SNW. Besides, I don't think it needs to share the spotlight with no stinkin' game announcements! :p

The quiet has had me like this though:
1zgavd5.gif

As long as Universal has this ready in time for Star Wars Land and WDW's 50th, they'll be in good shape. They don't need to make any flashy announcements.

I would like to know sooner rather than later if E.T. will close to be used in Super Nintendo World. Since some have said the three main attractions (Mario Kart, DK coaster, Yoshi) can fit into KidZone without using E.T.'s space, I'd like to think it'll be kept as the sole reminder of USF's origins, but if they also want a couple flat rides or a play area, the top execs might pressure Uni Creative to can E.T. so there's more room for what will essentially be Universal's equivalent to Fantasyland.

I could see SNW getting its own dedicated Direct.

As of now, I don't agree with that.

As long as Universal has this ready in time for Star Wars Land and WDW's 50th, they'll be in good shape. They don't need to make any flashy announcements.

I would like to know sooner rather than later if E.T. will close to be used in Super Nintendo World. Since some have said the three main attractions (Mario Kart, DK coaster, Yoshi) can fit into KidZone without using E.T.'s space, I'd like to think it'll be kept as the sole reminder of USF's origins, but if they also want a couple flat rides or a play area, the top execs might pressure Uni Creative to can E.T. so there's more room for what will essentially be Universal's equivalent to Fantasyland.

I have to assume, it's highly possible that Nintendo themselves may just announce it.

Nintendo can do Nintendo-y things at E3, and typically; it shouldn't be a problem. And that they wouldn't need to make it a big deal, outside of saying "It's coming there too" and to show either the same piece of concept art from Osaka's, or a new piece from the Florida version.

I don't see anything for Hollywood, as that's going to be the furthest away from completion; and that I wouldn't really see it be given that much of a deal, due to that most of the attention will be placed on Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and most likely; Pokemon Switch (which I do see announced at E3 as that'd give headlines).

E3 is about games. Period. Many companies get their non-gaming related announcements out the door before E3 so the games can shine. The Xbox One's announcement was so entertainment heavy because they wanted to save E3 for "GAMES GAMES GAMES!".

I think there will be a major post on the OUR blog with co-released, pre-produced videos on Nintendo and UOR's YouTube channels. Like Potter the first announcement will be of the location, general concept art, and opening time frame (SUMMER 2020). Then we'll get more details slowly just as they did with Diagon Alley and VB.

New Nintendo themed construction wall? (or something else) starting to show up in Japan:
upload_2017-6-6_17-6-45.jpeg

Edit: I totally missed the posts above.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts