Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

How about a Jurassic World theme for it all? You could call it... Dinorama... it's genius.
I meant it jokingly since there will probably be capacity issues when all that stuff closes. But after I wrote it I thought to myself, Heh, that's not a bad idea after all. Just move those HHN tents back a bit and dress it up as a Festival area and it could help to solve capacity issues.

I don't know if I"m super happy but going from the 20 acre speculation down to 8 acres is kinda saddening. Especially with SWL being 14 acres. I mean we do know they are planning to build vertically for additional land space but for now I hope there is more permits to come to at least get it to 10 acres.

But then again there may be stuff not being seen like Yoshi which will make feel and seem a lot larger.

As for other IPs to come, I came to understand why in the original concept things got so much smaller. Back in the IAAPA panel, Thierry Coup and co stated that in regards to IPs for parks, character driven, plot driven IPs don't work well and its hard to pull from in terms of immersion and not world building. Pokemon is very much character driven and plot driven rather than World building. Your goal is to catch pokemon and its not the location in the game that makes it, its the pokemon and the experience. So looking back at the original purposed concept, I can understand why that area was so small and it actually has me doubting Pokemon coming anytime soon.

Pokémon isn’t character driven in the sense they are talking about though. It’s built on the Pokémon which are easier things to bring people in. Building Kanto with easily recognizable pokemart, poke centers, and safari zones is easy with rides. Don’t need a story to tell Pokémon.

Pokémon isn’t character driven in the sense they are talking about though. It’s built on the Pokémon which are easier things to bring people in. Building Kanto with easily recognizable pokemart, poke centers, and safari zones is easy with rides. Don’t need a story to tell Pokémon.

That's the issue. You can't build a story based off that. As well as whereas the 20 somethings grew up with Kanto....younger kids grew up with different regions.

it doesn’t need a story though. The Pokémon sell the land and it’s why people come. You just need the basic mart, center, safari zone, and maybe battle arena and then a pick your starter. If you honestly think they won’t do Pokémon because the lands are different every game, you’re crazy.

What’s the story of SNW?

I don't know if I"m super happy but going from the 20 acre speculation down to 8 acres is kinda saddening. Especially with SWL being 14 acres. I mean we do know they are planning to build vertically for additional land space but for now I hope there is more permits to come to at least get it to 10 acres.

It’s 8.8 acres, so closer to 9. I think anything that would have made it bigger is going into other parks

Isn't Diagon only 10 acres? I think there's tons you can do in a small space. Not to mention E.T. is probably being saved for Phase 2.

it doesn’t need a story though. The Pokémon sell the land and it’s why people come. You just need the basic mart, center, safari zone, and maybe battle arena and then a pick your starter. If you honestly think they won’t do Pokémon because the lands are different every game, you’re crazy.

What’s the story of SNW?

The land determine the pokemon though. Remember each region has distinctive Pokemon and other pokemon can't be found there. Kanto your starters are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, yet in Hoenn which is my personal favorite region those Pokemon are nowhere to be found. Remember IP integrity is also important and a real thing not just lets put thing in just to put them in.

Again, because every game is different for Pokemon, they can't do a region based land. Its not like Avatar, it more like Star Wars, if they recreated some place it would have to be like Batuu in Star Wars Land.

Even among the games the design of Pokemon centers, the battle arenas, etc are completely different. Like the ones in the Alola region having clothing stores attached to the pokemon center which none of the other games had.

So while you saw oh its so easy for UC to just plop a pokemon land down. I think its much farther down the land than anything else based on their own words.

The land determine the pokemon though. Remember each region has distinctive Pokemon and other pokemon can't be found there. Kanto your starters are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, yet in Hoenn which is my personal favorite region those Pokemon are nowhere to be found. Remember IP integrity is also important and a real thing not just lets put thing in just to put them in.

Again, because every game is different for Pokemon, they can't do a region based land. Its not like Avatar, it more like Star Wars, if they recreated some place it would have to be like Batuu in Star Wars Land.

Even among the games the design of Pokemon centers, the battle arenas, etc are completely different.

So while you saw oh its so easy for UC to just plop a pokemon land down. I think its much farther down the land than anything else based on their own words.

Food for thought, what if Universal Creative and The Pokemon Company collaborate together to make a exclusively themed Pokemon land that brings elements from all the games?

Isn't Diagon only 10 acres? I think there's tons you can do in a small space. Not to mention E.T. is probably being saved for Phase 2.

I could see ET being used for phase 4, technically, but I see your point.

If you're excluding the HE Track and including the London station with backstage, Diagon's is about 7.82 acres.
Yea and they got a lot going on there. My favorite immersive land.

And the KidZone hasn’t gotten any smaller y’all. This new information has only verified the location. But none of the details have changed from what we’ve been discussing for phase 1.

Even among the games the design of Pokemon centers, the battle arenas, etc are completely different.

Pokémon X had original 150 and Pokémon Go now hasn’t multiple generations so IP integrity for generations isn’t a big matter to them. Build a new area with all generations and it’s complete.

Pokémon X had original 150 and Pokémon Go now hasn’t multiple generations so IP integrity for generations isn’t a big matter to them. Build a new area with all generations and it’s complete.

Actually, Pokemon GO! has had throughout the past year, introduction of Gen 2 and more recently, the launch of Generation 3 pokemon with the Halloween update.

To be honest, the best solution would be to take a page out of Galaxy's Edge, giving a new location where Pokemon of various generations could appear, and be rotatable to ensure something new every-time you come to the park's.

My ideal for a Pokemon themed land? I want Universal to give Creature Tech a huge payday. In the land overall, I want over a hundred animatronics, scattered all over the place; outside, in the stores, in the restaurants, in the attractions, in the queues. Make us feel like we're in a world inhabited by these creatures. Have the iconic ones of course, like Pikachu, the kanto starters, Magikarp/Gyarados, etc. But also have some nice and obscure ones to fill out the land. Palm trees decorated to be alolan Exeggutors, Muk and Garbodor near garbage cans, rock and ground Pokemon popping out of the ground, grass Pokemon in the bushes, etc. Give us a big environment that feels like a real ecosystem of creatures. And tie it all together by having it be its own region, ala the SW:GE comparison. You can have the iconic locations of Pokemon Centers, gyms, and Safari Zones, and as many Pokemon from any generation as they want. Satisfy the long time fans who've been playing since the beginning and the young fans who've only played the new ones.