Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Some IPs just lend themselves to food and Star Wars just doesn't beyond the generic cupcake and basic food items. I don't know where Nintendo stands in this as I've never been into Nintendo.
We actually don't fully know that yet. Since Batuu is supposedly set in the 7-9 era of SW films, there's still two movies we've yet to see, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote in food/drinks specifically in these movies so they could then sell in the parks.

We actually don't fully know that yet. Since Batuu is supposedly set in the 7-9 era of SW films, there's still two movies we've yet to see, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote in food/drinks specifically in these movies so they could then sell in the parks.

I did think this scene was made specifically to be recreated for theme parks:

Star Wars sets itself up to be so far removed from life on earth that it's difficult to relate foods to the franchise. You don't have cows or chickens in the series, instead you have blue milk which will probably go down as well as green eggs and ham. The sight of this turns my stomach.

green-eggs-and-ham-universal-islands-of-adventure-059-oi.jpg

That’s disappointing but if it frees up land for more things then who cares.

I expect to see more "enclosed" lands in themeparks moving forward. Diagon Alley is basically "Gift Shop Land". You go in to look at it and ride the ride, but before you exit you have to pass by almost every shop, no matter where you go, there's no way to avoid walking past a shop more than once. It's ingenious design.

Not only that, I think it has a positive effect on park capacity and throughput on the streets and logistics. You can essentially divert people to a whole land that does not operate within the confines of the exterior park experience.

I expect to see more "enclosed" lands in themeparks moving forward. Diagon Alley is basically "Gift Shop Land". You go in to look at it and ride the ride, but before you exit you have to pass by almost every shop, no matter where you go, there's no way to avoid walking past a shop more than once. It's ingenious design.

Not only that, I think it has a positive effect on park capacity and throughput on the streets and logistics. You can essentially divert people to a whole land that does not operate within the confines of the exterior park experience.

The dead end layout always bugged me about DHS. It might be good for merchandise sales but when you have people entering and exiting, it can get cluttered, especially when it's a new land. I also prefer to pass through a land when looping around a park.

I think the "dead end land" is a great design choice. Universal hasn't a ton of space for transitions so it makes is possible to wrap the world 360 around you without any possibilities to see a different themed area.
It's also great for crowd control.

I think the "dead end land" is a great design choice. Universal hasn't a ton of space for transitions so it makes is possible to wrap the world 360 around you without any possibilities to see a different themed area.
It's also great for crowd control.

It's definitely a manifestation of the transition to separate, internally coherent IP 'lands' which don't necessarily fit a larger overall theme rather than a whole, continuous, unified 'park' where the relationship between the elements is as important as the elements themselves. Not sure it's a good thing for the idea of the 'theme park,' but for the execution of the lands it helps. I prefer the old model personally.

Like the Incline launch from RoTM?

Yeah, I guess. I’m not sure how that Musk tube travel thing would ever work and I imagine it would mean packing people into a vehicle...so, not sure what I really mean, but the canoe/raft at VB is such a cool feeling....I just think it would be neat if somehow the tubes forced you to travel somehow...I know I am being silly/unpractical and all, but they are warp tubes...maybe their will be flying battle ships floating around the area...just some over the top surprises to remind us we are in the mushroom kingdom?

So we only lose a small corner of the ball factory?!? Can it live on? Can I start a petition?

Can a warp tube somehow work like a water coaster? I really just mean the coolness of being pulled uphill with magnets.

That would be a great feature of a trackless ride. It would feel wildly out of control.