Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

DON'T CRT FOR ME INSIDE UNIVERSAL, THE TRUTH IS I NEVER LEFT YOU (jk jk jk)

To add on to what Brian said, speculation is great, it gets troublesome once it starts to solidify as fact to support other speculation. I've fallen into this trap before and have made an ass of myself, see Jurassic Park coaster and @RollermanDan.

My goal is to keep discussion realistic and speculation grounded. When Universal is boarding up the windows for a storm it's pretty clear they're not going to move Berk to IOA on a whim nor fast track SNW to USF (let alone move it to USF). Things do change, which is when speculating of what could happen comes into play.

Also, I would like to apologize to @Cup_Of_Coffee. My terse reply from earlier in the thread was a reminder to everyone and was not directed at you, a lot of times I post on mobile devices when we don't have the luxury of a keyboard or time. I see how you saw it as targeting you and that was a mistake on my part. I am sorry.
Takes a lot to apologize, I appreciate it! We good buddy

I think we’re running into a strange confluence of rumor, logic, and desire. And, to a degree, they’re not necessarily jiving with each other whereas they typically do.

Based on logic and desire, it makes sense for the EU projects (and especially SNW) to just move back to the current parks. That way we get them all sooner. The rumor however, is that they’re standing pat.

That rumor makes sense logically too, as EU will serve as a great draw once as we end the recovery. That means we have to wait longer though, which isn’t really something any of us actually want.

In the void of information and movement, that conflict is going to gnaw.
A company that is hemorrhaging money isn't concerned so much with expansion...Right now they are very "right now" centered

It's best we probably don't approach EU or No EU with absolutes

With that being said, I can't wait for the Diagon > Animal Crossing conversion, should be great

As have I, but it's not that blue sky thinking is met with hostility, but that blue sky thinking is being morphed into "we know", when we know they don't.
Speculation and blue sky is fun, but you must be prepared for some scrutiny and questioning with your thoughts.

For instance, an Animal Crossing Land sounds fun on paper and you can have fun with it...

but in reality, it's probably more lucrative for Universal to make it a section of the Nintendo merch in the Universal Store

I think there is a lot of truth in what people on both sides of the fence are saying in this thread because at this point in time, any and all outcomes seem equally possible and plausible. As some already pointed out, there are countless unknowns right now that would make a firm decision either way incredibly foolish on Universal's part. When they say the new park is "on pause" I think they mean it in every sense of the word.

Even the brightest minds can't confidently predict the timeline for economic recovery right now. What will the travel trends (both domestic and international) be next year? What will the efficacy and roll-out plan of a potential vaccine look like? How will the elections turn out? What will the theatrical distribution business look like? What sectors will successfully pivot to take advantage of current trends while still preparing for the future? You can bet every major corporation is looking for answers to all these questions and they won't truly pull the trigger on any long-term projects/decisions until they come into better focus toward the end of the year. That said, you can bet there are multiple contingency plans depending on how everything plays out. Right now planning for all outcomes and making sure they can ride out the worst of the downturn is all companies can and should be doing.

While a responsible firm decision can't really be made until the unknowns start turning into knowns, I would bet a least one of the multiple hypothetical plans being crafted internally involves some version of SNW going into Kidzone. The activation of that plan most likely hinges on the length of time Epic Universe is delayed. If we're talking a 1-3 year delay then it probably stays in the third park plans. If it ends up being 5 years, a decade, or heaven forbid shelved permanently, there is no question it will be coming to one of the existing two parks and with plans for the Kidzone plot essentially shovel-ready, it will no doubt be going there if that happens.

Last edited:
I think there is a lot of truth in what people on both sides of the fence are saying in this thread because at this point in time, any and all outcomes seem equally possible and plausible. As some already pointed out, there are countless unknowns right now that would make a firm decision either way incredibly foolish on Universal's part. When they say the new park is "on pause" I think they mean it in every sense of the word.

Even the brightest minds can't confidently predict the timeline for economic recovery right now. What will the travel trends (both domestic and international) be next year? What will the efficacy and roll-out plan of a potential vaccine look like? How will the elections turn out? What will the theatrical distribution business look? What sectors will successfully pivot to take adventure of current trends while still preparing for the future? You can bet every major corporation is looking for answers to all these questions and they won't truly pull the trigger on any long-term projects/decisions until they come into better focus toward the end of the year. That said, you can bet there are multiple contingency plans depending on how everything plays out. Right now planning for all outcomes and making sure they can ride out the worst of the downturn is all companies can and should be doing.

While a responsible firm decision can't really be made until the unknowns start turning into knowns, I would bet a least one of the multiple hypothetical plans being crafted internally involves some version of SNW going into Kidzone. The activation of that plan most likely hinges on the length of time Epic Universe is delayed. If we're talking a 1-3 year delay then it probably stays in the third park plans. If it ends up being 5 years, a decade, or heaven forbid shelved permanently, there is no question it will be coming to one of the existing two parks and with plans for the Kidzone plot essentially shovel-ready, it will no doubt be going there if that happens.
Well said. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but this could be how the AR works on the ride but just on a larger scale...Notice how Luigi stops in place when hit

idk just thinking out loud....Also...sorry if this has been posted already

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but this could be how the AR works on the ride but just on a larger scale...Notice how Luigi stops in place when hit

idk just thinking out loud....Also...sorry if this has been posted already

That’d be bonkers if the AR is literally just super advanced projection mapping. No concept art seems to have goggles though...

Why would they just now be filing a patent for a ride they already designed and built in Japan and are currently constructing in Hollywood?

Wouldn't it be a tad bit more likely this is for Supercharged 2: Electric Boogaloo?
It’s not a new patent. It’s an updated version of their patent from 2018. Maybe they tweaked the wording after utilizing it in Mario Kart and got some real world experience that improved the technology.