Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

I am very conflicted on this. It’s nice to see its back at Retro but the people that were key to the original games are long gone. It could also mean we don’t have a game coming soon from Retro and that they’re just doing Prime 4 now. The worst thing would’ve been if this game came out and straight up sucked but this delay and starting again from the beginning is still painful. At least they’re not sticking to the original date after this reboot though like Activision did with Destiny. This just sucks. Can we have the Trilogy now Nintendo? Please?

I am very conflicted on this. It’s nice to see its back at Retro but the people that were key to the original games are long gone. It could also mean we don’t have a game coming soon from Retro and that they’re just doing Prime 4 now. The worst thing would’ve been if this game came out and straight up sucked but this delay and starting again from the beginning is still painful. At least they’re not sticking to the original date after this reboot though like Activision did with Destiny. This just sucks. Can we have the Trilogy now Nintendo? Please?

I would be shocked if we didn't get an HD trilogy now. It's a perfect marketing move for Nintendo.

I wonder what will replace Prime 4 on Nintendo's release schedule?

The transparency, is why I love this. It's disappointing, sure, but I love that they decided to come out and be vocal.

Shows volumes, to their belief in the series too, and raises a valid question to what the hell Bandai was trying to concoct (as they were originally the rumored developer).

Raises also another question..what was Retro working on, prior to this.

The transparency, is why I love this. It's disappointing, sure, but I love that they decided to come out and be vocal.

Shows volumes, to their belief in the series too, and raises a valid question to what the hell Bandai was trying to concoct (as they were originally the rumored developer).

Raises also another question..what was Retro working on, prior to this.
That’s another reason why I’m conflicted. This is something fans have been begging other developers to do, be transparent, and here’s Nintendo doing exactly that. Another thing I noticed is this guy is the same guy that did the lead in to Metroid Prime 4’s initial announcement in that E3 Direct and here he is again front and center to give this news. Satoru Iwata’s example of leadership seems to run deep.

Also I get that Friday’s are slow but how is this video trending on YouTube? :eek:O:

That’s another reason why I’m conflicted. This is something fans have been begging other developers to do, be transparent, and here’s Nintendo doing exactly that. Another thing I noticed is this guy is the same guy that did the lead in to Metroid Prime 4’s initial announcement in that E3 Direct and here he is again front and center to give this news. Satoru Iwata’s example of leadership seems to run deep.

Also I get that Friday’s are slow but how is this video trending on YouTube? :eek:O:

Shinya Takahashi, the one on the video; was actually the general producer for Federation Force and Samus Returns.

(I made a mistake, and I'll explain in the edit)

..as far as trending, it's one of the most anticipated Nintendo titles for hardcore fans (and is the first big piece of news of Nintendo for 2019 in general).

Add in the lack of a direct this month in favor of letting the people do the talking themselves, and it makes sense.

EDIT: I made a mistake in assuming, but the person on the project mentioned in the video: is Kensuke Tanabe.

Kensuke, was a Co-Producer of the original Prime, and producer of the two sequels and Federation Force. He was also a producer on Mother 3.

Last edited:
7.00 is now out, with stabilization updates, new avatars, and a little more..

..also, Smash Ultimate has gotten 2.0, and Piranha Plant is now available for those who got him for free.

DyH53KjX0AAWQ7b.jpg

Edit:

Last edited:
To add on to this, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe has now become the highest selling Switch game (so much for the port haters), Smash has sold over 12 million copies (and is the fastest selling game in Nintendo history), Pokemon Let's Go has sold 10 million copies, and Mario Party has sold over 5 million copies. Jesus Christ Nintendo!
That SSBU sales number is completely insane in less than a month.

Zelda Breath of the Wild has reached 13.29 million in sales across both Switch (11.68 million) and Wii U (1.61 million), which is now greater than the combined releases of Zelda Ocarina of Time which had 13.22 million in sales across both N64 (7.6 million) and its 3DS re-release (5.62 million).

So BotW has broken every Zelda record at this point and should still have runway to reach 15 million in combined sales across Switch/Wii U.

That SSBU sales number is completely insane in less than a month.

Zelda Breath of the Wild has reached 13.29 million in sales across both Switch (11.68 million) and Wii U (1.61 million), which is now greater than the combined releases of Zelda Ocarina of Time which had 13.22 million in sales across both N64 (7.6 million) and its 3DS re-release (5.62 million).

So BotW has broken every Zelda record at this point and should still have runway to reach 15 million in combined sales across Switch/Wii U.

Shows just how well they marketed Smash through the course of the year.

Makes me wonder if Nintendo is going to plan to double-dip, and request for more characters to be added for the Fighter's Pass (or do it as if it's a Season 2).