Nintendo Switch | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went to my local GameStop earlier today to see if they had their Switch display yet. They didn't but there was a mother and son asking about the system and how they'll be able to get it at launch. Excitement is real :)

Reactions: anihilnation
You can set up your Nintendo Accounts that will be used on the Switch right now if you wish to already secure your User ID.
Nintendo Account
Mine is Mike-S, same as here. For some reason it wouldn't work with just a space. Hope to see you guys online :)

Mine is SledgeHead. Sweet! Locked in, so I don't have to do SledgeHe4d like on Xbox.

What is the purpose of the Nintendo Network ID now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
In the UK the press are allowed to publish 'previews' of the hardware and games in a few days, but no actual game reviews until March 1st (console only) and March 2nd (Zelda etc).
My username is amityboattours, will add anyone who lists theirs on here :)

Reactions: Mike S
Mine is SledgeHead. Sweet! Locked in, so I don't have to do SledgeHe4d like on Xbox.

What is the purpose of the Nintendo Network ID now?
Well there's an option to use the NNID to make the new account which is what I did. We also know that digital purchases on Switch will finally be tied to your account and not the console. It may be a long shot, but maybe the act of linking the two like I did could let me transfer games from my Wii U and 3DS to Switch.

Reactions: Sledge
You can set up your Nintendo Accounts that will be used on the Switch right now if you wish to already secure your User ID.
Nintendo Account
Mine is Mike-S, same as here. For some reason it wouldn't work with just a space. Hope to see you guys online :)
@BriMan, @testtrack321, can you make my post into a new sticky thread for Nintendo Switch accounts like we have for PSN and XBL? I think it'll be better off like that :)

I'm still so on the fence about this because I feel like it's just gonna become another Wii U. I guess once the reviews start rolling in this week I'll make a decision about getting this at launch. I didn't preorder so who knows with Nintendos distribution when I'll even be able to get one.

I'm still so on the fence about this because I feel like it's just gonna become another Wii U. I guess once the reviews start rolling in this week I'll make a decision about getting this at launch. I didn't preorder so who knows with Nintendos distribution when I'll even be able to get one.
Highly unlikely as it's also replacing the 3DS. The PSVita too in a way since those devs will likely Switch over as well since there will most likely not be another PlayStation handheld.

It's too close to launch now for me to watch the new Zelda trailer that's dropped today. I've waited this long, I can do another week.

/keeps telling himself that

It's too close to launch now for me to watch the new Zelda trailer that's dropped today. I've waited this long, I can do another week.

/keeps telling himself that
It's really not that bad. There's no new story element that hasn't been seen before. Just a potential boss for a few seconds but since it's not a fight I'm not so sure. It's plastered on a Nintendo of America tweet though so stay away if you care that much.

Revealed today you'll be over to carry over any funds you have on your Wii U and/or 3DS to the Switch.
  • People who already have funds in their accounts on a Nintendo 3DS family system and/or Wii U can access them using a shared wallet that works on Nintendo Switch as well. Once they link their Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account and then their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Switch console, this functionality becomes possible.
Nintendo Hosting Nindies Showcase Video Presentation On Tuesday February 28th At 9 a.m. PT. – My Nintendo News

One step closer to being able to transfer VC games. I really hope that's the case.

An explanation on the reported Joycon sync issues occuring. A bit annoying to hear this one week out, kinda glad I ordered the Pro Controller at this stage personally.