Nintendo Switch | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm hoping this has some good launch titles. The Wii launch titles were atrocious. It was just Zelda and I don't even know what else.

Mario Galaxy 3 would be sweet. But I feel like we would have heard about any big games launching with it. I'm getting the feeling it'll just be Zelda and nothing really of note until the holidays. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm hoping this has some good launch titles. The Wii launch titles were atrocious. It was just Zelda and I don't even know what else.

Mario Galaxy 3 would be sweet. But I feel like we would have heard about any big games launching with it. I'm getting the feeling it'll just be Zelda and nothing really of note until the holidays. Hope I'm wrong.
Hard to say if it'll only be Zelda at this point. Other launch games from Nimtendo won't be revealed until the actual console is. Only reason we even know about Zelda is because it was originally for Wii U.

There is a rumor of a new Mario game, though if true, I imagine this would be a 2D one (which I prefer anyway). A Luigi game was rumored at one point as well. Will be interesting to see which 3rd party games there will be, Ubisoft might have a couple of launch titles for the NX, potentially EA as well, the new Mass Effect would be nice.

There is a rumor of a new Mario game, though if true, I imagine this would be a 2D one (which I prefer anyway). A Luigi game was rumored at one point as well. Will be interesting to see which 3rd party games there will be, Ubisoft might have a couple of launch titles for the NX, potentially EA as well, the new Mass Effect would be nice.
It was also confirmed that a Pokémon game is being worked on for NX, though I highly doubt it'll release anywhere near launch.

I could see there being a port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Just package together all of the 3DS, Wii U, and DLC content with a few new characters (the return of Ice Climbers, at least) and it's a pretty easy sell. Otherwise, I'm not sure what other launch games could be. Pikmin 4 has been confirmed to be in development and "almost complete" for over a year so that might be an NX launch title.

That said, I've heard whispers that a reveal is likely happening this week. So we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Reactions: Mike S
I could see there being a port of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Just package together all of the 3DS, Wii U, and DLC content with a few new characters (the return of Ice Climbers, at least) and it's a pretty easy sell. Otherwise, I'm not sure what other launch games could be. Pikmin 4 has been confirmed to be in development and "almost complete" for over a year so that might be an NX launch title.

That said, I've heard whispers that a reveal is likely happening this week. So we shouldn't have to wait too much longer.
Heard before they would do a new pikmin, did not know they were close to finishing development. Are you sure it is Pikmin 4 that is close to being done? Since there is a Pikmin game for the 3DS coming out as well.

Square Enix has a few in the making as well. Bayonetta 3 would be nice, but there have been no rumors for that (I think).
Square Enix has confirmed Dragon Quest X and XI for the system. Nintendo would be wise to secure ports of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV & VII as well. A pipe dream of mine would be a remake of Super Mario RPG.
Retro Studios has been working on a new game since finishing the last Donkey Kong so at this point it's obviously been moved to NX. It could release at launch or at least in the launch window with how long it's been in development but that's just me wishing. I really hope it's Metroid. Next year it'll be a full decade since the last good one.
Plenty of speculation about a reveal this week since next week is the investors meeting.

Reactions: anihilnation
Square Enix has confirmed Dragon Quest X and XI for the system. Nintendo would be wise to secure ports of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV & VII as well. A pipe dream of mine would be a remake of Super Mario RPG.

Retro Studios has been working on a new game since finishing the last Donkey Kong so at this point it's obviously been moved to NX. It could release at launch or at least in the launch window with how long it's been in development but that's just me wishing. I really hope it's Metroid. Next year it'll be a full decade since the last good one.

Plenty of speculation about a reveal this week since next week is the investors meeting.

I forgot about the Retro Studios game, if I remember correctly now, I think it would be a new original IP; nonetheless, I also hope as proper Metroid game is in the making.

Big fan of your idea about porting KH3, FFXV, and the FFVII remake, but given the history of Wii and Wii U, I have to wonder if the NX will be powerful enough to do those titles justice.

Big fan of your idea about porting KH3, FFXV, and the FFVII remake, but given the history of Wii and Wii U, I have to wonder if the NX will be powerful enough to do those titles justice.
Rumors say it could very well be around PS4/XB1. XB1 at the least. After three years I think that's possible.

While I'm not sure if they'd do a FFXV port, I do expect the FFVII remake to hit NX. Especially with Cloud now being in Smash. KH3 would also make sense too, although I feel like they would need to port the 1.5/2.5 HD Collections to NX as well as Nintendo's audience won't be fully familiar with the KH series.

I also get the feeling that we'll get a Mario Kart game for NX, most likely around the holiday season next year. Mario Kart is one of Nintendo's popular series and each system has a new installment. Plus, there's been a pattern... we've gotten a new Mario Kart every 3 years since Mario Kart DS. (2005 for DS, 2008 for Wii, 2011 for 7, 2014 for 8) Mario Kart NX coming out in 2017 would make perfect sense.

While I'm not sure if they'd do a FFXV port, I do expect the FFVII remake to hit NX. Especially with Cloud now being in Smash. KH3 would also make sense too, although I feel like they would need to port the 1.5/2.5 HD Collections to NX as well as Nintendo's audience won't be fully familiar with the KH series.

I also get the feeling that we'll get a Mario Kart game for NX, most likely around the holiday season next year. Mario Kart is one of Nintendo's popular series and each system has a new installment. Plus, there's been a pattern... we've gotten a new Mario Kart every 3 years since Mario Kart DS. (2005 for DS, 2008 for Wii, 2011 for 7, 2014 for 8) Mario Kart NX coming out in 2017 would make perfect sense.
Not a problem with Xbox but I do agree that they need to release the collections outside of PlayStation.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::whoo:

hWLfaqk.gif

Last edited:
And tomorrow, hopefully any baseless rumors will be going away about the next Nintendo console (i'll be waiting on what they name it for tomorrow)..
I'm hoping at least the hybrid aspect is true. They're not getting most western third parties so they might as well put all effort behind one console.

I don't care much for detachable controllers though.