Nintendo Switch | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice, I think it will be successful. The console/docking station itself is kind of ugly, but the concept is neat and should be easily marketable. Now that their home console and handheld are essentially merged together, Nintendo software output will probably increase quite a bit. Also good to see that some 3rd parties haven't completely given up on Nintendo, surprised to see Bethesda supporting it and bringing over Skyrim, hopefully a good sign. We also got a glimpse at the next Mario game, been waiting for a 3D Mario akin to Mario 64/Sunshine for a long time now. Hopefully Nintendo showcases the software side of things soon, would like to see more.

Just watched it again. The dock is sizable, so I wonder if it has extra cooling power as well. It also seems like there will be different gamepad parts, so you can configure things as you desire.

Nice, I think it will be successful. The console/docking station itself is kind of ugly, but the concept is neat and should be easily marketable. Now that their home console and handheld are essentially merged together, Nintendo software output will probably increase quite a bit. Also good to see that some 3rd parties haven't completely given up on Nintendo, surprised to see Bethesda supporting it and bringing over Skyrim, hopefully a good sign. We also got a glimpse at the next Mario game, been waiting for a 3D Mario akin to Mario 64/Sunshine for a long time now. Hopefully Nintendo showcases the software side of things soon, would like to see more.
I can't see Skyrim doing so hot against the new Zelda on the same system especially as a remaster but who knows. I would like Bethesda to bring over Doom though. Also I've never played Dark Souls but with FromSoftware confirmed as a dev I guess that's great news. I hear it's hard as hell. Bioshock: The Collection could be a good game for Take-Two to release to introduce Nintendo fans to the series along with RDR2.

For me I have two questions.

Will it end up being as versatile as they show in the trailer?

What's the battery life when it's portable?

If they can pull off the versatility & it has a good battery life, I'm sold. Unlike the previous consoles which were on the gimmicky side, this feels nice and practical in it's use. If they pull it off it'll do gangbusters since that is honestly a big selling point.

Reactions: Mike S
For me I have two questions.

Will it end up being as versatile as they show in the trailer?

What's the battery life when it's portable?

If they can pull off the versatility & it has a good battery life, I'm sold. Unlike the previous consoles which were on the gimmicky side, this feels nice and practical in it's use. If they pull it off it'll do gangbusters since that is honestly a big selling point.
Heard a rumor battery life won't be too good. As for the versatility, if the dock does add something (even if it is just cooling), then perhaps some games can't work properly on the go. If it uses the newest Pascal GPU chips, they are supposed to be less power hungry than the Maxwell chips. In any case, I am glad they went with Nvidia.

Those handheld remotes connected to the portable screen look tiny which i can see being an issue but thank god, other than that it looks functional
You can also take the Pro controllers on the go if you want. Play wherever and however you want.

Now I see where the new slogan came from.
large.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Another thing I noticed is the game uses cartridges but they are much thicker than the 3DS cartridges...I know its probably to hold more memory for games etc but It makes me wonder will there finally be a full world Pokemon game.

Another thing I noticed is the game uses cartridges but they are much thicker than the 3DS cartridges...I know its probably to hold more memory for games etc but It makes me wonder will there finally be a full world Pokemon game.
Pokemon alone will make sure this thing is bigger than the Wii U.

Nintendo handhelds have often been fairy durable, and compact. The idea of a console/hybrid is a good one, but I wonder if they may have made the portable a little too large and fragile for everyday use. Battery life is obviously an issue.

Console games don't always lend themselves to portable games either.

I think it's a good idea, but I don't think this will be what "saves" Nintendo or console gaming's decline in general.

Cell phones have taken up too much of the marketplace, and everyone has one.

Interesting.... if you look back on page 2 of this thread, that leaked Chinese drawing was a pretty accurate representation of the Switch.
I think this could do well, depends on the launch titles and price point.

Reactions: DoubleJ
Guessing that Zelda, and possibly a "Switch" port of Splatoon is in the cards four launch. I think a lot of the first party games will look like Wii U games due to the short life span of that console. A Smash Bro. port would be a wise move as well.

I think Mario will need a bit more time, what they showed looked really early.

Reactions: DoubleJ
And a new Zelda game!
I could tell it looks better than the Wii U version from the trailer. I'm definitely getting it for NS.
Guessing that Zelda, and possibly a "Switch" port of Splatoon is in the cards four launch. I think a lot of the first party games will look like Wii U games due to the short life span of that console. A Smash Bro. port would be a wise move as well.

I think Mario will need a bit more time, what they showed looked really early.
Some people think that could be a new Splatoon and not a port. Same for Mario Kart. We really have no firm details but the concept is very clear. This reminds me of the Wii reveal. No way the confusion of Wii U strikes again.
Love it can't wait
I foresee OU meet ups to play Mario Kart and such at the Three Broomsticks/Leaky Cauldron ;)