Nintendo Switch | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just saw three great reaction videos, all filled with explatives , so I won’t share, but man. What an amazing teaser. Nintendo knows exactly what they are doing and played to their hardcore audience perfectly.

Probably the best teaser trailer since twilight princess

What I love about the trailer, is how they presented it with the direct.

It started out as a high quality Splatoon animation, before turning black, where a lot of the reactors I've seen were like "wait, what?" and then the single shot with the eye is all that we need.

The next few months, are going to be fascinating to watch, and I am almost thinking we will get more directs than before, due to that they are seeming to tag-team up games more now from their first party (not to mention third and second parties).

Reactions: Mike S
Excited for Smash!! I feel like if it was a port, they would have announced it. They kind of treated that trailer as if it’s a new game. I just hope it doesn’t get delayed. One of my favorite game series.

Also excited for Luigi’s Mansion. Although I would have liked a new game and/or the rumored Odyssey DLC that would have been Luigi’s Mansion based. But this will do. Another one of my favorite games. They are trying to squeeze every last buck out of 3DS it seems.

That was excellent! Like a good E3 presentation... except in March. Even better than everyone's predictions on here.

Certainly helps bring clarity to the fears that this year was going to be lean.

Some really great ports I've missed out on like Okami, Undertale and South Park that I'm for sure interested in picking up portably.

I don't mind the 3DS Support, but really feels like a Luigi's mansion port with added content would have been a more logical switch fit.

That was excellent! Like a good E3 presentation... except in March. Even better than everyone's predictions on here.

Certainly helps bring clarity to the fears that this year was going to be lean.

Some really great ports I've missed out on like Okami, Undertale and South Park that I'm for sure interested in picking up portably.

I don't mind the 3DS Support, but really feels like a Luigi's mansion port with added content would have been a more logical switch fit.
I actually thought of something that makes Luigi’s Mansion make a lot of sense. The last game Next Level Games releases was Federation Force which was a huge critical and financial flop. If they wanted to make some cash after that a remake of Luigi’s Mansion using the same assets as Dark Moon is a pretty safe bet.

Dark Moon sold about 5 million last time I checked btw.

Since I never owned a Wii U, I'm probably one of the few that hopes its a Deluxe Port, just like Mario kart 8 was.

I don't, but I was let down by the Direct; then, I am not into Splatoon or Smash, so that might have something to do with it. I was hoping for a lot more new stuff from third parties. But well, I think a lot of stuff might be saved for E3. Was hoping for a new captain Toad as well rather than a port, though new levels is nice.

I don't, but I was let down by the Direct; then, I am not into Splatoon or Smash, so that might have something to do with it. I was hoping for a lot more new stuff from third parties. But well, I think a lot of stuff might be saved for E3. Was hoping for a new captain Toad as well rather than a port, though new levels is nice.
I mostly prefer single player games and I still thought it was great. Luigi’s Mansion and Crash Bandicoot were great reveals for me. Then for bigger stuff we have E3 in a couple months.

I mostly prefer single player games and I still thought it was great. Luigi’s Mansion and Crash Bandicoot were great reveals for me. Then for bigger stuff we have E3 in a couple months.
I just wish they'd have a Luigi's Mansion for Switch, hopefully though this might be something that is in the works for in the next few years. But well, it seems like they wanted to focus on more immediate stuff. So yeah, probably at E3 we will have big stuff and future releases. Little Nightmares looks good, will probably get that.

To cap off projects we know but have not gotten any release date from Nintendo

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Smash Switch (Possibly Smash V)
Pokemon Switch
Metroid Prime 4 (Counting as it's own separate thing due to the rumor of Bandai Namco being involved)
Unannounced Retro Studios Project (New Hirings are going out now for it too)

Even as a small list, that's a strong show for first party titles, not to mention what seems to be support on the third party front so-far from Namco Capcom, Ubisoft, Activision, Take-Two, From Software, Atlus, SEGA, and a few others.

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Pokemon Switch
Metroid Prime 4 (Counting as it's own separate thing due to the rumor of Bandai Namco being involved)

Even as a small list, that's a strong show for first party titles, not to mention what seems to be support on the third party front so-far from Namco Capcom, Ubisoft, Activision, Take-Two, From Software, Atlus, SEGA, and a few others.
That recent thing wasn’t a hiring but someone posting their work experience on LinkedIn. There’s no way the game is starting now.

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Pokemon Switch

Panic Button is said to work on another big port as well.
The new CoD has been announced but no Switch mention, however, I hope it might still happen.
I think Sumo Digital is working on a port of something too.

Which would be better Street Fighter final challengers or the upcoming anniversary collection? Obviously the collection would be several games, but how different are they? I am mainly familiar with Street Figher 2, as it was back in the day in arcades and from the SNES. Final challengers I know is basically this but with new HD graphics, I assume that Street Fighter 2 in the anniversary collection would not have these better graphics. Any thoughts?

Which would be better Street Fighter final challengers or the upcoming anniversary collection? Obviously the collection would be several games, but how different are they? I am mainly familiar with Street Figher 2, as it was back in the day in arcades and from the SNES. Final challengers I know is basically this but with new HD graphics, I assume that Street Fighter 2 in the anniversary collection would not have these better graphics. Any thoughts?
I don’t play Street Fighter.

The Street Fighter Collection, absolutely no doubt. Final Challengers charges $40 for one game, the Collection charges $40 for 12 Street Fighter games, INCLUDING the one in Final Challengers. Many of them are very similar yes, but several of them are different as well making it much more worth it.

Reactions: anihilnation
That recent thing wasn’t a hiring but someone posting their work experience on LinkedIn. There’s no way the game is starting now.

I didn't look into that, and I do agree with you.

That said, looking at the description from the Resetera post, it seems like whatever Retro Studios is working on something with "non-linear storytelling" and "World Building".

If Retro Studios is not working on Prime 4, as it's seemed to be rumored, another IP actually comes to mind from Nintendo that I can see why it's been a while for Retro, Kid Icarus.

Kid Icarus, depending on the proper hands, could be a fascinating console game, with game play focusing on open-air flight and combat would be a fascinating challenge, and that could actually explain why Retro may be taking some time on the project, due to that they have to deal with new variables that aren't from the Prime Trilogy. Not to mention, it'd be unearthing a cult-Nintendo IP, and giving it to people that could make it popular once more.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's completely new, but I am not going to be surprised if it's a pre-existing Nintendo IP.

I didn't look into that, and I do agree with you.

That said, looking at the description from the Resetera post, it seems like whatever Retro Studios is working on something with "non-linear storytelling" and "World Building".

If Retro Studios is not working on Prime 4, as it's seemed to be rumored, another IP actually comes to mind from Nintendo that I can see why it's been a while for Retro, Kid Icarus.

Kid Icarus, depending on the proper hands, could be a fascinating console game, with game play focusing on open-air flight and combat would be a fascinating challenge, and that could actually explain why Retro may be taking some time on the project, due to that they have to deal with new variables that aren't from the Prime Trilogy. Not to mention, it'd be unearthing a cult-Nintendo IP, and giving it to people that could make it popular once more.
Please no. Just let Sakurai make another one after Smash Switch.
I wouldn't be shocked if it's completely new, but I am not going to be surprised if it's a pre-existing Nintendo IP.
Please yes.