Nintendo Switch | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why would Kid Icarus from Retro be a bad thing? Retro is a fantastic studio.

Not to mention, they have done extremely well revitalizing franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. Giving them Kid Icarus may be a fun possibility for them to go into a challenge of incorporating non-linear game play, flight mechanics, ground mechanics, and combat while also building more of what is after Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Reactions: captainmoch
Not to mention, they have done extremely well revitalizing franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. Giving them Kid Icarus may be a fun possibility for them to go into a challenge of incorporating non-linear gameplay, flight mechanics, ground mechanics, and combat while also building more of what is after Uprising.
Yep! As long as they keep the hilarious writing and tone of Uprising than I'm good with Retro having it, especially if it means the series isn't staying dead.

Yep! As long as they keep the hilarious writing and tone of Uprising than I'm good with Retro having it, especially if it means the series isn't staying dead.

I do think they are going to have to eventually go back to some of the lesser known IP's, especially since after 2018 and presumably 2019, Zelda, Smash, Pokemon, Mario, Donkey Kong, Splatoon, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and presumably Animal Crossing (if that original rumor stands true) will all have their debuts for the Switch Console.

Kid Icarus can use a great revitalization, as there is a lot of untapped potential that the character, his world, and his stories can bring for a Nintendo console.

Why not give it to the teams who made Metroid Prime a big franchise for Nintendo?

Reactions: captainmoch
Why would Kid Icarus from Retro be a bad thing? Retro is a fantastic studio.
Because I don’t care for it and would prefer Retro work on something that I do like a cool new Western focused IP. On top of that there’s already a studio that successfully revitalized it which is Sakurai and Sora Ltd. Let them handle the series after Smash is done.

Because I don’t care for it and would prefer Retro work on something that I do like a cool new Western focused IP. On top of that there’s already a studio that successfully revitalized it which is Sakurai and Sora Ltd. Let them handle the series after Smash is done.

I would imagine that Sakurai and his team from Smash will be focusing more on Smash DLC, presumably for a year+ after launch.

I would imagine that Sakurai and his team from Smash will be focusing more on Smash DLC, presumably for a year+ after launch.
A whole studio dedicated to DLC? Not to mention Sora Ltd. isn’t mentioned in the copyright of the Smash trailer so they’re not involved, just Sakurai.

The Street Fighter Collection, absolutely no doubt. Final Challengers charges $40 for one game, the Collection charges $40 for 12 Street Fighter games, INCLUDING the one in Final Challengers. Many of them are very similar yes, but several of them are different as well making it much more worth it.
Thanks, probably will get that one then. Next batch of games I get will be for my daughter's bday the 1st of June and does like Streetfighter. At the moment she is enjoying Dragonball Xenoverse 2, while I am loving Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I just got max rank in Odyssey’s Balloon World so except for still doing some things in Mario Kart I got nothing until Donkey Kong. I wish Hyrule Warriors was coming at the end of this month like it is in Japan. Don’t know why we have to wait until May. The game has already been localized twice for the Wii U and 3DS. Surely they could handle a simultaneous worldwide launch the third time around.

Never had a Nintendo console before but I'm ready to make a jump with this as I've been overwhelmingly impressed by everything I've seen so far and my PS4 is just collecting dust. If I take a non direct flight to Orlando on a relatively crappy flight with no on board entertainment, the savings would allow me to buy 3 Nintendo Switches so this seems like a no brainer now.

Any local co op games anybody could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

It would also be nice to have a rough idea of who people are talking about in the Nintendo World thread.

Reactions: Mike S
Never had a Nintendo console before but I'm ready to make a jump with this as I've been overwhelmingly impressed by everything I've seen so far and my PS4 is just collecting dust. If I take a non direct flight to Orlando on a relatively crappy flight with no on board entertainment, the savings would allow me to buy 3 Nintendo Switches so this seems like a no brainer now.

Any local co op games anybody could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

It would also be nice to have a rough idea of who people are talking about in the Nintendo World thread.
For co-op get Mario Kart now and Donkey Kong in May. For you get Zelda and Mario.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 has local co-op too, haven't used it yet though. Great game though, am about halfway.
Streetfighter obviously has local co-op, as does Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. Nine Parchments is another one.

giphy.gif

From Nintendo Italy’s Twitter. I’m guessing it’s been taken down.
pokmWwE.png

“There’s no two without three”

It really looks like we might be getting a third Donkey Kong Country. I’m starting to think Retro has been working on two games because some of the people they hired don’t make sense for Donkey Kong like the composer of the Deus Ex games. Also David Wise is rumored to be working with them again as well. Why would they need two composers with two different styles for ONE game?

So we might be getting a new DK plus something else, hence the long silence.

From Nintendo Italy’s Twitter. I’m guessing it’s been taken down.
pokmWwE.png

“There’s no two without three”

It really looks like we might be getting a third Donkey Kong Country. I’m starting to think Retro has been working on two games because some of the people they hired don’t make sense for Donkey Kong like the composer of the Deus Ex games. Also David Wise is rumored to be working with them again as well. Why would they need two composers with two different styles for ONE game?

So we might be getting a new DK plus something else, hence the long silence.

A third game made in Retro’s style is likely what it’s hinting. It is pretty different compared to the original Rare games.

I would sincerely doubt that'd be all that Retro is making though, considering the shear amount of time they have been out of the spotlight, and that Donkey Kong isn't exactly a game with a intense level of lore made to everything.

Could they be working on two things? Maybe, but I don't buy Donkey Kong, especially this soon.

EDIT: I am thinking they have to have two projects if DK is something in the pipeline, considering that Alexander Brandon (Deus Ex) is working with Retro aswell. And that it should be noted that while Brandon has done not just the original Deus Ex, he also has contributed to the likes of Dust: An Elysian Tale, Unreal Tournament, and a few other notable things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S