Nintendo Switch | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ugh, I want anything BUT a Red and Blue remake. The first ever console Pokemon game should actually be something new and exciting, not more of the already milked Gen 1. It'd be like if the Switch's first 3D Mario was Super Mario 64 HD or if the Switch's first 3D Zelda was Ocarina of Time HD.
Unlike HD upgrades Pokémon remakes have been known to add quite a bit that wasn’t in the original game like new Pokémon from later generations so a Gen 1 remake now could actually have a ton of new content added.

Unlike HD upgrades Pokémon remakes have been known to add quite a bit that wasn’t in the original game like new Pokémon from later generations so a Gen 1 remake now could actually have a ton of new content added.
Ehh. I'd rather have the home console debut be something completely original than something mostly the same, with some slight new content. :shrug:

I’ve always worried that the Pokémon world is starting to get a little too big. How many Pokémon are there now, anyways? And how many regions, seven or eight? To me, there is a rich opportunity to build off of what was done in Gold/Silver and create a game that includes three or four of the existing regions and their correlating Pokémon. And yes, I would absolutely want them to start with Kanto. We’re so far removed from Red and Blue that seeing it fully fleshed our on a home console would be a dream come true for a lot of fans. Plus, the Pokémon from Red and Blue are still, by far, the most popular and recognizable.

Reactions: n i c k and Mike S
And while yes, we have to keep ourselves in check.

Honestly, and this is my opinion: I think this is relating to a updated Switch model, with more graphical power similar to when 3DS got updates.
That I can see happen eventually, I also wonder if it is possible to have a separate new docking system that adds extra power. I know they once filed a patent for a system involving nodes offering extra computational power, though I think that was more of a cloud based approach.

Other thing I can see is a new retro mini system that is a handheld.

That I can see happen eventually, I also wonder if it is possible to have a separate new docking system that adds extra power. I know they once filed a patent for a system involving nodes offering extra computational power, though I think that was more of a cloud based approach.

Other thing I can see is a new retro mini system that is a handheld.

Nintendo has boxed themselves into a corner when it comes to upgrading this device. The only improvements that wouldn't split the install base would be colored consoles, a portable dock solution, and reduced power consumption for better battery life.

Reactions: Mike S
We've officially got a ton of Labo in our back room. Strangely no new Switches but I’m sure those are coming.

Any sales predictions?

I'm considering buying a switch, so I don't have to wade through this thread, pros, cons? Is it worth it? We have a PS4 and I really dislike the lack of games to play together in the same room... I've always loved nintendo games, and the ability to play with friends on the same couch etc.

I'm considering buying a switch, so I don't have to wade through this thread, pros, cons? Is it worth it? We have a PS4 and I really dislike the lack of games to play together in the same room... I've always loved nintendo games, and the ability to play with friends on the same couch etc.
Get a Switch with Mario and Zelda. If you didn’t have a Wii U I highly suggest Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country as your co-op games or you can double dip like me lol. Since you have a PS4 it’s hard to suggest most third party games unless you’d really prefer them on Switch.

Oh, Mario + Rabbids is also fun.

Get a Switch with Mario and Zelda. If you didn’t have a Wii U I highly suggest Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country as your co-op games or you can double dip like me lol. Since you have a PS4 it’s hard to suggest most third party games unless you’d really prefer them on Switch.

Oh, Mario + Rabbids is also fun.

I really want it for Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party (if it still exists), the new Mario Odyssey whatever.

I highly advise you to keep your third party games on PS4 due to the memory constraints with the Switch unless you plan to solely buy physical games.

But it is pretty darn good for multiplayer games. Highly suggest Bomberman as well if you want Co-Op games.