Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Some notes, via by today's hearing:

• Nintendo Switch has sold 17.79 million copies
  • Breath of The Wild is highest earning Zelda title of all time, with 10 million copies
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe beat's Mario Kart 8's earnings, to about the level of 9.22 million
  • Splatoon 2 has sold 6.02 million copies
  • Pokemon is still "2018 or Later"
  • Fire Emblem is still 2018

Nintendo Outlines Plans for E3 2018 | Business Wire
qdrv1y32ucu01.jpg

Some notes, via by today's hearing:

• Nintendo Switch has sold 17.79 million copies
  • Breath of The Wild is highest earning Zelda title of all time, with 10 million copies
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe beat's Mario Kart 8's earnings, to about the level of 9.22 million
  • Splatoon 2 has sold 6.02 million copies
  • Pokemon is still "2018 or Later"
  • Fire Emblem is still 2018
BotW will probably become the first Zelda to sell 10 million on a single console as well at its current rate.

It's at 8.48 million on the Switch. I think it will sell another 2 million.

Really just shows Nintendo's longevity when you consider the incredible business that 30+ year old franchises are doing.

It just proves that IP fatigue doesn't apply if you deliver fresh quality experiences.

The date of this reveal comes from this leak which has just gotten a bit of credibility.
-Nintendo’s releasing details about their Online Service on May 7th.
-Service goes live on September 24th
-Service offers dedicated voice chat through an existing chat service, Discord being the most popular choice, exclusive Eshop discounts, and a Games With Gold/PlayStation Plus like Service where retro games are given to people every month and are allowed to keep the games as long as they have the service.
-Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with ‘Nintendo Classics’. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before and is going to launch with NES and GBA games in August with SNES and N64 games being made available late 2018/ early 2019.
-Nintendo E3 Presentation is currently 36 minutes long and focuses only on Switch titles with Treehouse being used to announce and show 3DS titles.
-The first reveal is of the Spyro trilogy coming to Switch, though there’s a reason they’ve been waiting to reveal it.
-Fire Emblem is next and the title for it is ‘Lustrous Daybreak’. Coming holiday this year.
-Yoshi is next, now subtitled Flipped Around and features the same Amiibo functionality as Wooly World. Releases in August.
-New Paper Mario game is next and is not being developed by Intelligent Systems. Goes back to the traditional partner style gameplay but still heavily features the character limitations imposed for Sticker Star and Color Splash. Coming 2019
-Mario Odyssey DLC is next. Luigi is being released that day as a playable character and adds 70 unique moons to the game. Wario and Waluigi are also being made playable characters with 70 moons each as well. No tentative release date on the other two characters, but they are being made playable at the show floor.
-Activision makes some announcements. Crash Bandicoot Amiibo is being made that adds harder time trials to the N’Sane trilogy and is teased to have some kind of functionality with Spyro trilogy.
-Black Ops 4 Battle Royale is coming to Switch with crossplay with PC and Xbox, regular Black Ops 4 is not coming to Switch.
-Sega reveals their Sega Ages line for the west and two of the games they’re releasing under it are the first two Sonic Adventure games.
-Super Sonic Racing is revealed and takes inspiration from Sonic R with some characters like Sonic running on their own while characters like Tails use vehicles. Some kind of Nintendo exclusive content is teased for the game as well.
-Next is a Metroid Prime 4 gameplay trailer. Coming 2019.
-Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It’s a new take on Red and Blue and features graphics that are midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken.
-Five Nights at Freddy’s is coming to Switch, though reports are coming in that content may have been censored on Scott Cawthon’s end, not enforced by Nintendo. Coming out in the fall.
-Two trailers for Smash Bros for Switch are the last things. One reveals Captain Toad, the other reveals Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, this is why they’ve been quiet about the Switch version of the trilogy. Gameplay is shown and is a mix of Smash 4 and Melee, being very colorful yet detailed. Coming out September alongside the Online Service.
-Ice Climbers are set to be revealed during the Treehouse Live.

That’s all. I don’t know anymore specifics than that because I’m not the person who actually saw all of this, a contact with connections to marketing saw all of this and shared it to me.
Have a good day and remember to check back on this on May 7th.
Check back this topic on May 7th, it's gonna proven right. - Nintendo Switch Message Board for Nintendo Switch - GameFAQs

I would love this if it were true. Spyro Trilogy and Crash and Spyro in Smash?!?!?! Yes please!!!

Then, the coup de grâce, Metroid Prime 4 gameplay!!!!!! :clap:

I’m cool with Pokémon too. Thinking about it it is a bit soon for gen 8. Remakes of Red & Blue including all the advancements the series has had would be cool. Could get me back in.

The date of this reveal comes from this leak which has just gotten a bit of credibility.

Check back this topic on May 7th, it's gonna proven right. - Nintendo Switch Message Board for Nintendo Switch - GameFAQs

I would love this if it were true. Spyro Trilogy and Crash and Spyro in Smash?!?!?! Yes please!!!

Then, the coup de grâce, Metroid Prime 4 gameplay!!!!!! :clap:

I’m cool with Pokémon too. Thinking about it it is a bit soon for gen 8. Remakes of Red & Blue including all the advancements the series has had would be cool. Could get me back in.

I would like to point out the contradictions from just the Nintendo Switch Online portion:

1: There was no mention of Voice Chat for NSO, and no announcement of Discord coming to Nintendo Switch
2: NES seems to be launching with the Online Service exclusively and not in the proposed August date.
3: The rumored leak never brought up Cloud Saves, which was fully revealed yesterday.

There does lie credence to it, as he got the date of NSO information right. However, whoever did this original post (whos account is now deleted, BTW), has quite a bit of inaccuracies.

Voice chat is garbage. No voice chat.

Most of it is based on preexisting assumptions. I dunno how much I'd consider it a "leak".

Voice Chat is fine, but it needs to be done the right way.

There are plenty of ways it can go for the worse extremely quick.

Edit:

Last edited:
I would like to point out the contradictions from just the Nintendo Switch Online portion:

1: There was no mention of Voice Chat for NSO, and no announcement of Discord coming to Nintendo Switch
2: NES seems to be launching with the Online Service exclusively and not in the proposed August date.
3: The rumored leak never brought up Cloud Saves, which was fully revealed yesterday.

There does lie credence to it, as he got the date of NSO information right. However, whoever did this original post (whos account is now deleted, BTW), has quite a bit of inaccuracies.

Stuff could get announced later. I’m just hoping the major things turn out true.

Is this a remake of the 3DS one? Except for a demo for the Monster Hunter on WiiU, I never played any of these games. In any case, I noticed there seem to be quite a few JRPG's etc. coming out too later this year.
Yes it’s a port of the 3DS game. It’s been out in Japan for over a year.

In other news Crash Bandicoot was pushed up to June 29th from July 10th :clap:

Is this a remake of the 3DS one? Except for a demo for the Monster Hunter on WiiU, I never played any of these games. In any case, I noticed there seem to be quite a few JRPG's etc. coming out too later this year.

Yes it’s a port of the 3DS game. It’s been out in Japan for over a year.

In other news Crash Bandicoot was pushed up to June 29th from July 10th :clap:

Actually no, apparently people are saying that it IS XX but that they are simply re-branding the game to Generations Ultimate.