Nintendo Switch | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A little DP, Vandal Leaks, who has had somewhat a good but slightly troubled track record, expect a Pokemon Direct sometime in April.

I read that one of the things that goes with this is that Bandai is making Pokémon toys that tie with the game and that’ll be shown off in May so it could make sense. Game is also rumored for a December release.

I read that one of the things that goes with this is that Bandai is making Pokémon toys that tie with the game and that’ll be shown off in May so it could make sense. Game is also rumored for a December release.

I honestly don't see them skipping Black Friday without Pokemon, but it could fill in as the Xenoblade of the year and that Fire Emblem Switch gets a October release.

Reactions: Mike S
Nintendo made a new game engine for third parties.
DZi5CIqUMAEw9pt.jpg

If the first Pokémon games on Switch are Kanto remakes it wouldn’t be so bad imo. Add a ton of stuff post game for catching way more Pokémon and there you go. It could get a ton of people like me back in and then Gen 8 could come next. It also makes sense if it does come this year. Also, VISIBLE OVERWORLD POKÉMON!!!!!!!! :D

If the first Pokémon games on Switch are Kanto remakes it wouldn’t be so bad imo. Add a ton of stuff post game for catching way more Pokémon and there you go. It could get a ton of people like me back in and then Gen 8 could come next. It also makes sense if it does come this year. Also, VISIBLE OVERWORLD POKÉMON!!!!!!!! :D

I realize I posted this on April Fool’s Day but this info is based on leaks that came out before. I know it could be a little sketchy but you really never know.

finally finished Zelda yesterday, after putting it off for several months, and doing all the DLC, I found the finale a bit underwhelming. Oh well, still a great game.

Looking for a new game. I'm thinking Bayonetta 2, but I may just do an indie game instead, since GoW is coming in a couple weeks.

Any suggestions?

Im thinking either Cave Story or Owl Boy. I love Metroidvania games, and these seem to be in that wheelhouse.

I realize I posted this on April Fool’s Day but this info is based on leaks that came out before. I know it could be a little sketchy but you really never know.

If that screenshot is real (I don't think it is in the slightest), let me just say....

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Looks awful and a complete disappointment for the first console Pokémon game

Reactions: captainmoch
If that screenshot is real (I don't think it is in the slightest), let me just say....

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Looks awful and a complete disappointment for the first console Pokémon game
If it’s real I guess Game Freak doesn’t care about upping their budget and would rather make different improvements in other areas.

If it’s real I guess Game Freak doesn’t care about upping their budget and would rather make different improvements in other areas.

Throwing this out there, what if they wanted to keep the yearly quota, and just remake in the Sun/Moon engine with improvements and additions to keep it fresh?

Have two separate teams, with this year's team being the Sun/Moon team, as a tribute to Pokemons past with a complete remake of G1 as rumored, and then debuting G8 next year?

Throwing this out there, what if they wanted to keep the yearly quota, and just remake in the Sun/Moon engine with improvements and additions to keep it fresh?

Have two separate teams, with this year's team being the Sun/Moon team, as a tribute to Pokemons past with a complete remake of G1 as rumored, and then debuting G8 next year?
Only thing wrong with your theory is that the Sun/Moon team would be the A team. The Ultra Sun/Moon team makes more sense as the “yearly quota” people and they just had a game come out.

Whatever this ends up being it’s been in developement longer than most people think if Nintendo was confident enough to tell investors that this year was a real possibility for its release. Personally I think the Kanto remake talk has something to it. What better way to bring in the lapsed fans of that era that dreamed of home console Pokémon? As long as a ton of new stuff is added to either the main story or post game I’d be all over it.

Last edited:
Only thing wrong with your theory is that the Sun/Moon team would be the A team. The Ultra Sun/Moon team makes more sense as the “yearly quota” people and they just had a game come out.

Honestly, the reason why I say the Sun/Moon team, is because unlike Ultra Sun/Moon, this would be probably a remake of the entire first Pokemon game from the ground up, along with adding additional aspects into the fray. It would allow them to essentially have two teams at stand-by, almost similar to how Ubisoft handles some of their games, with one working on the immediate and the other working on what comes after.

EDIT: To add, it's why I think this will be the last version of Pokemon in that engine being used, due to Unreal being potentially something for the future, and that it may be easier to guide the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon teams onto the new project as the Sun/Moon teams will already have a year's worth of time on their hands for this new project for this year.

Let this year be say "Pokemon Crimson" and "Pokemon Lapis" as a way to call back to Red and Blue.

Last edited:
Ugh, I want anything BUT a Red and Blue remake. The first ever console Pokemon game should actually be something new and exciting, not more of the already milked Gen 1. It'd be like if the Switch's first 3D Mario was Super Mario 64 HD or if the Switch's first 3D Zelda was Ocarina of Time HD.

Ugh, I want anything BUT a Red and Blue remake. The first ever console Pokemon game should actually be something new and exciting, not more of the already milked Gen 1. It'd be like if the Switch's first 3D Mario was Super Mario 64 HD or if the Switch's first 3D Zelda was Ocarina of Time HD.

To say this, I am actually on-board with a G1 remake, as it is the first full on Pokemon RPG for Console, atleast in the scale of games like Sun/Moon. It'd be a great way to introduce newcomers to the franchise, and while it may not be the fan's first choice, they may be wanting to look on this by nostalgia.

To say this, I am actually on-board with a G1 remake, as it is the first full on Pokemon RPG for Console, atleast in the scale of games like Sun/Moon. It'd be a great way to introduce newcomers to the franchise, and while it may not be the fan's first choice, they may be wanting to look on this by nostalgia.
I don't really see how a Gen 1 remake would introduce newcomers any more than any other Pokemon game. Basically every game in the series can bring in someone new.

I don't really see how a Gen 1 remake would introduce newcomers any more than any other Pokemon game. Basically every game in the series can bring in someone new.

I mean more in how while yes, Virtual Console has been a thing, mainline consoles and not handhelds, have not had a proper Pokemon RPG. Regardless of if it'd be new or old, you are dealing with a different audience than those of handheld console players, and even then you have new markets coming into place due to the success of the Nintendo Switch.

That's how I see it. I see a G1 remake as a way to introduce people who have never thought much of Pokemon, nor have seen much of Pokemon to begin with.

Sue me if I think that way, but I do think it's great that this will act more as a proper stepping stone than a pseudo stepping stone.