Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Honestly, as someone who got in to P5 thanks to @Joe, it felt very easy to get into the game. Nothing felt like I wasn't getting things flown over my head.

That said, Persona would be a perfect RPG to see games ported to Switch for. Especially, because of the portability of the damn thing.

And the fact that we didn't see the thought of a Persona character coming (pun intended); it boggles my mind to that this is how they want to kick it off. It even somewhat reminds me of when Cloud got revealed back in SSB4.

Can you pick up from 5 or do you have to play them in order? I don’t think I could go back 4 games

Each game is standalone...gameplay is rather simple and it is a turn based strategy similiar to Pokemon but with added complexity. It also has slice of life elements that really bring it home. Persona 5 is in fact the best game in the Persona series and will take you at least 80 hours to make it through the game and thats if you rush through it.

A thought popped into my head though.

With Smash Bros, they did do DLC Amiibo for all of the characters in SSB4.

...Soo...are we going to have to steal Joker Amiibo's, because of how fast they'll fly off shelves?

Honestly, that Persona X Smash reveal has to make me think that Atlus is already underway on Persona 5 Switch (and maybe even Persona 4 Golden).

P5 would be easy to get on the Switch, all the hard work is already done to get it on PS4.

The big thing holding it back is no mainline Persona game has appeared on a non sony platform.

P5 would be easy to get on the Switch, all the hard work is already done to get it on PS4.

The big thing holding it back is no mainline Persona game has appeared on a non sony platform.

And I do agree. But, that didn't stop Cloud from popping out in the blue when SSB4 was kicking hard. And, Atlus/SEGA has had interest with doing more with Nintendo Switch too. And considering how Cloud is now making his way to the Switch with his game; which was Sony first..I don't see why Persona couldn't make that jump.

Plus, Nintendo Switch is also a RPG console in a strange way.

EDIT: It dawned on me.

Because of Joker, we are going to have remixes of Persona 5 tracks..

..oh god, how I wish for a Rivers in The Desert remix.

Last edited:

tumblr_nk5efz0FU61uong2wo1_500.gif

Yeah, I can see that.

Have a form of Persona title revealed on the day of when you release Joker for Smash via a potential JP Live event; and it'd be a way to get people hooked on that Atlus and SEGA are going to invest into the console..

..That said. Wouldn't it be funny if Persona 5 on Switch did a P3Portable; and had the option of gender?

Yeah, I can see that.

Have a form of Persona title revealed on the day of when you release Joker for Smash via a potential JP Live event; and it'd be a way to get people hooked on that Atlus and SEGA are going to invest into the console..

..That said. Wouldn't it be funny if Persona 5 on Switch did a P3Portable; and had the option of gender?

I think the most in demand feature at least I see from online forums is most players want a romantic option with Yusuke so if they add that the Persona fanbase may go crazy.

tumblr_nuzf1xHSi31qjtmgqo5_500.gif

Adding a FeMC would be a significant task I don’t see them doing if it’s released in 2019. They’d need to redo nearly all the social links and animation segments.

There are a lot of things to tweak, remove, and add that’ll improve the game. #1 should be removing two small, unnecessary scenes that basically involve gay stereotypes and gay panic.

I think the most in demand feature at least I see from online forums is most players want a romantic option with Yusuke so if they add that the Persona fanbase may go crazy.

tumblr_nuzf1xHSi31qjtmgqo5_500.gif

Honestly, I would love the option, if only to see how dialogue is differed between the gender versions.

Adding a FeMC would be a significant task I don’t see them doing if it’s released in 2019. They’d need to redo nearly all the social links and animation segments.

There are a lot of things to tweak, remove, and add that’ll improve the game. #1 should be removing two small, unnecessary scenes that basically involve gay stereotypes and gay panic.

I mean, it's been about 2 years since the JP release for Atlus? Perhaps once they were considering to bring it on Switch, they decided to do some testing back in 2017 with Dev Kits to determine how they can do Persona 5 on the Switch. And that, this may of been that they have been developing the port for a 2 year period?

Honestly, I would love the option, if only to see how dialogue is differed between the gender versions.

I mean, it's been about 2 years since the JP release for Atlus? Perhaps once they were considering to bring it on Switch, they decided to do some testing back in 2017 with Dev Kits to determine how they can do Persona 5 on the Switch. And that, this may of been that they have been developing the port for a 2 year period?

I think they’re porting the PS4 version downrezed a bit and using the PS3 asserts for this.

I just don’t see them changing the main story too much. More likely adding a few side activities, maybe a new event, and spit polishing the last 1/3 of the games story and pacing.

I would totally buy a Galaxy collection, however due to the motion mechanic, I don't think it would be playable in hand held mode, which is a real shame.

Or you know, it could just be to update trademarks?

Yes, it could be that, but a Super Mario Galaxy collection is certainly not out of the question.
I would totally buy a Galaxy collection, however due to the motion mechanic, I don't think it would be playable in hand held mode, which is a real shame.

They already replaced the motion controls on the Nvidia Shield remake. However, knowing Nintendo, they'll keep the motion controls.